The XBOX ONE Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The XBOX ONE Thread

Post by ChrisC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
2399 wrote:
[Today 01:33 PM] xbox one hacked on day one lol pity close to all who have the xbox one cannot play it due to a dod
:shock:
Not seen one report of dead on delivery. If that is what this person means by dod :lol:
There's plenty of the DVD grinding, or not reading discs. That's DoA (or DoD if you prefer).
If the console powers on then its not dead on arrival 8) It just wont read discs. You can still download games and much more.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:29 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
2399 wrote:
[Today 01:33 PM] xbox one hacked on day one lol pity close to all who have the xbox one cannot play it due to a dod
:shock:
Not seen one report of dead on delivery. If that is what this person means by dod :lol:
There's plenty of the DVD grinding, or not reading discs. That's DoA (or DoD if you prefer).
If the console powers on then its not dead on arrival 8) It just wont read discs. You can still download games and much more.
Tenuous. I'd be might pissed.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:33 pm

I agree completely :lol: Luckily, I have had no problems so far.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:41 pm

ChrisC wrote:I agree completely :lol: Luckily, I have had no problems so far.
At some point, they're going to have to ship it back if their DVD is fooked. But I don't understand your defence of Microsoft.

There were teething problems with PS4 and there will almost certainly be others when they launch in the UK next week. There were teething problems with XBOX one. You would expect there's going to be some. Even if you have 100% QC, there's going to be some that get kicked into the back of a transit van and not quite make it.

Just enjoy the thing instead of trying to make out that MS are faultless all the time. MS's history of king cock-ups is long and very varied. :-)

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:47 pm

2399 wrote:Image

Plus many more:!!!

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=xbox ... 01&bih=556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh yeah.......all them Xbox One doorstops. Loads of them.

:roll: :crazy: :conf: :zzz:

Mine works, so who gives a......

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:I agree completely :lol: Luckily, I have had no problems so far.
At some point, they're going to have to ship it back if their DVD is fooked. But I don't understand your defence of Microsoft.

There were teething problems with PS4 and there will almost certainly be others when they launch in the UK next week. There were teething problems with XBOX one. You would expect there's going to be some. Even if you have 100% QC, there's going to be some that get kicked into the back of a transit van and not quite make it.

Just enjoy the thing instead of trying to make out that MS are faultless all the time. MS's history of king cock-ups is long and very varied. :-)
I'm not defending Microsoft :lol: I said "Luckily, I have had no problems so far" that was in reply to the problems some others are having. I didn't mean I have had no problems so there isn't a problem full stop.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:58 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=xbox ... 01&bih=556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's not an Xbox One though...... :wink:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

Yep, did you not detect my sarcasm?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:21 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

Yep, did you not detect my sarcasm?

No, it's broken....

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:23 pm

:)

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:21 am

If they manage to avoid every console getting a RROD this time it'd be an improvement won't it..!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:23 am

Athers wrote:If they manage to avoid every console getting a RROD this time it'd be an improvement won't it..!
Have you seen the fans in the Xbox One? :lol: More chance of it getting a chill than overheating :lol:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 am

ChrisC wrote:
Athers wrote:If they manage to avoid every console getting a RROD this time it'd be an improvement won't it..!
Have you seen the fans in the Xbox One? :lol: More chance of it getting a chill than overheating :lol:
Nope I don't know much about it! Is it as loud as the 360? That sounds like a jet engine when you pressed pause and there was no sound coming out the telly!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:36 am

Athers wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Nope I don't know much about it! Is it as loud as the 360? That sounds like a jet engine when you pressed pause and there was no sound coming out the telly!
It's weird if you plug in, for example, your N64 for a bit of classic Goldeneye multiplayer. You turn it on, stick in the cartridge...no noise whatsoever!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:37 am

Athers wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Very quiet compared to the 360. Cant hear this one at all.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:38 am

Beefheart wrote:
Athers wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
It's weird if you plug in, for example, your N64 for a bit of classic Goldeneye multiplayer. You turn it on, stick in the cartridge...no noise whatsoever!
Xbox/PS consoles are more like PCs now though with lots of parts. All need fans to keep them cool.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Can it play 360 games?

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Can play as many games as you want I'd think, jaffka.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:27 pm

I don't know why, I think it's the sheet childishness of it, but that made me giggle like a biitch
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:01 pm

:lol:

Is it backwards compatible?