The Christmas thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

The Christmas thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:19 am

As it is now December and I am feeling suitably festive after making Christmas tree biscuits and dancing round the kitchen with the twins to Christmas music this morning I thought we ought to have a proper thread, even if its just for 89BWFC89 and I to admire each others pretty Christmas trees. Then the forum scrooges know which thread to avoid if they don't want to hear about it. :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Christmas thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:23 am

Oh I want to hear about it - just at an appropriate time. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh I want to hear about it - just at an appropriate time. ;)
Will toddle off out of here til what you think is an appropriate time then! Boxing day? ;)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:31 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Will toddle off out of here til what you think is an appropriate time then! Boxing day? ;)
more like 10:30pm after a skinfull... :mrgreen:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:43 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Hmm. Much to my chagrin, the two houses facing mine have BOTH put exterior Christmas lights up over the weekend. Thankfully it's dark when I get home so I have the blinds shut!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 am

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:50 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Image
With the look on poor Rudolphs face, it appears good old Santa is administering his own christmas stuffing to the poor reindeer!!!!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Time to unless the flamethrower and shotgun :)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 pm

What a great thread! 8)

I put more lights up this weekend :D
Attachments
Christmas.jpg
Christmas.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 3969 times

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:24 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:What a great thread! 8)

I put more lights up this weekend :D
Looks lovely! Gonna do our tree next weekend I think, dependant on when I can go out and buy it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 pm

The HR Department (World champions in having too little to do) have been in our office nearly all morning, erected a plastic tree and decorated it.

I'm getting the word.................. Forlorn!!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:The HR Department (World champions in having too little to do) have been in our office nearly all morning, erected a plastic tree and decorated it.

I'm getting the word.................. Forlorn!!!

Strikes me as a "if they think we're doing this again well they can fck-off .... let's make such a pig's ear of it they ask sales next year !!"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Strikes me as a "if they think we're doing this again well they can fck-off .... let's make such a pig's ear of it they ask sales next year !!"
Ah well, the gaffer doesn't like it one bit - thinks that fake trees are shit and that we should have a real one. Lines about the tossers in HR once again imposing their shite on us without any consultation whatsoever abound. ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Strikes me as a "if they think we're doing this again well they can fck-off .... let's make such a pig's ear of it they ask sales next year !!"
Ah well, the gaffer doesn't like it one bit - thinks that fake trees are shit and that we should have a real one. Lines about the tossers in HR once again imposing their shite on us without any consultation whatsoever abound. ;)
He'd be right on that count!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Aww, mine is fake and looks lovely! I couldn't be bothered with a real one dropping pines everywhere!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Handy Hints. In order to keep your (non-fake) Christmas tree hale, hearty and healthy with non-dropping of pine needles simply water the thing. Place cling film on the inside of a tub. Plant tree in tub cutting as few roots as possible in order to fit treee snugly in tub. Fill any and all spaces in tub with fresh soil. Water thoroughly when outside. Bring cling film over top of soil and wrap Xmas paper around tub and over the top to hide the soil. Keep tree in a place where natural light can reach it. Leave tree in this condition for a maximum of 14 days.
Result - no shedding of needles. Healthy tree which can be replanted and used year after year. Ithankyou
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:34 pm

More handy hints. Remove box and plasic bag from garage where they've been since early January of this year. Untape box, remove sections of tree and assemble in correct order fitting base in a decent sized plantpot filled with a few small bricks. Wrap plantpot in bacofoil tucking it around tree base to hide bricks (stones) and tie up with tinsel.. Lift the lot up onto cupboard ( lined with more bacofoil to reflect the fairy lights) out of reach of a thieving hound and infant mitts, hand the bag of lights and decorations to the wife, retire and settle down with a brew ( or tipple of choice) and your pc whilst playing Christmas carols over the stereo. (This is all better done around December 18th, soonest). :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:More handy hints. Remove box and plasic bag from garage where they've been since early January of this year. Untape box, remove sections of tree and assemble in correct order fitting base in a decent sized plantpot filled with a few small bricks. Wrap plantpot in bacofoil tucking it around tree base to hide bricks (stones) and tie up with tinsel.. Lift the lot up onto cupboard ( lined with more bacofoil to reflect the fairy lights) out of reach of a thieving hound and infant mitts, hand the bag of lights and decorations to the wife, retire and settle down with a brew ( or tipple of choice) and your pc whilst playing Christmas carols over the stereo. (This is all better done around December 18th, soonest). :wink:
You had me until the date! :D

LLS' tip sounds like a lot of work!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Why's that?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Why's that?
Real ones look better, smell better, you have the excitement of going to get them... Maybe it's what you are used to but I know going to get the christmas tree with my dad was always a special part of christmas for me as a kid (in fact, I still insists he takes me with him to get the tree even now...)