Nelson Mandela RIP

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Nelson Mandela RIP

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:34 pm

if we are taking immigrant white south africans living in the UK as some kind of fair sample - that'd be a bit like taking the ghettoised "ex-pat" retired brits living in spain to be a fair sample of what brits are really like...

Spanish guy: "have you ever met a nice Brit?"
other Spanish guy: "no. they're all bigoted spray-tanned gitty-nice person-sacks"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:46 pm

thebish wrote:if we are taking immigrant white south africans living in the UK as some kind of fair sample - that'd be a bit like taking the ghettoised "ex-pat" retired brits living in spain to be a fair sample of what brits are really like...

other Spanish guy: "no. they're all bigoted spray-tanned gitty-nice person-sacks"
Which is fine... But the point was people that we have come across, not people who we have never met on the other side of the world.

I believe the words were "Has anyone ever encountered". I've never been to anywhere in Africa other than Tunisia.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Heard the news last night on Gogglebox. So sad

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Hahaha

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:08 pm

boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:if we are taking immigrant white south africans living in the UK as some kind of fair sample - that'd be a bit like taking the ghettoised "ex-pat" retired brits living in spain to be a fair sample of what brits are really like...

Which is fine... But the point was people that we have come across, not people who we have never met on the other side of the world.

I believe the words were "Has anyone ever encountered". I've never been to anywhere in Africa other than Tunisia.

yes - exactly the point! I was suggesting that Mummy may only have met ex-pat white south africans here in the UK - exactly like "spanish guy" has only met white ex-pat brits in Spain. - and so I am suggesting that is not a fair pool to draw your representative sample from!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:14 pm

But that doesn't alter the point of "Has anyone ever encountered". I haven't and Mummy clearly hasn't..

Regardless of the "pool", that is all we can base it on. rightly or wrongly.

Your experience is different to mine obviously.. But again, it doesn't alter the point that I have never met a White Sart Afriken, who isn't an opinionated racist tw*t

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:16 pm

thebish wrote:[
two I have met recently have been ministers in the church fleeing a changed south africa - and never waste an opportunity to moan and bitch about how hard it is for their sons to go back to south africa and instantly find well-paid jobs - "you have to be black to get a decent job in south africa now" they bitterly object...
But look at that chart I posted on page 2, it's insane still!

As for mummy's question. The ones I've met have also all been racist I'm afraid. I suppose it's better to blame their society/upbringing rather than them. Probably got told they're superior from day 1.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Athers wrote:
thebish wrote:[
two I have met recently have been ministers in the church fleeing a changed south africa - and never waste an opportunity to moan and bitch about how hard it is for their sons to go back to south africa and instantly find well-paid jobs - "you have to be black to get a decent job in south africa now" they bitterly object...
But look at that chart I posted on page 2, it's insane still!

As for mummy's question. The ones I've met have also all been racist I'm afraid. I suppose it's better to blame their society/upbringing rather than them. Probably got told they're superior from day 1.

i know - I'm not agreeing with them!! (quite the opposite!!) I am sympathising with Mummy's experience - it is to some extent (but not entirely) consistent with my own... those two ministers - economic migrants - make my flesh creep....

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Urgh.

At least you now have a chart to email them?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:13 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Has anyone ever encountered a white South African bloke who wasn't an opinionated racist tw*t? Serious question!
Seriously?
Really?
Let's get a few facts straight first: the racist bastard nice person whites arrived in South Africa at the same time that the racist bastard nice person blacks did. The aboriginal population were the San (Khoi) who were classified by the apartheid regime as Yellows. They've been eliminated over the centuries
(pt 2 coming)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Has anyone ever encountered a white South African bloke who wasn't an opinionated racist tw*t? Serious question!
Seriously?
Really?
Let's get a few facts straight first: the racist bastard tw*t whites arrived in South Africa at the same time that the racist bastard tw*t blacks did. The aboriginal population were the San (Khoi) who were classified by the apartheid regime as Yellows. They've been eliminated over the centuries
(pt 2 coming)
The racist tw@t Boers and English had a land grab competing with the racist tw@t bastard black Xhosa, Zulu and Ndebele Bantu peoples. PS Mandela is of royal Thembu Xhosa stock.

Anyway, yes I know a bloke called Rupert van der Waal. He lives near me.
(pt 3 to come)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: Anyway, yes I know a bloke called Rupert van der Waal. He lives near me.
(pt 3 to come)
ask him what he knows about the sum of the attractive or repulsive forces between molecules (or between parts of the same molecule) other than those due to covalent bonds, the hydrogen bonds, or the electrostatic interaction of ions with one another or with neutral molecules or charged molecules.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Seriously?
Really?
Let's get a few facts straight first: the racist bastard tw*t whites arrived in South Africa at the same time that the racist bastard tw*t blacks did. The aboriginal population were the San (Khoi) who were classified by the apartheid regime as Yellows. They've been eliminated over the centuries
(pt 2 coming)
The racist tw@t Boers and English had a land grab competing with the racist tw@t bastard black Xhosa, Zulu and Ndebele Bantu peoples. PS Mandela is of royal Thembu Xhosa stock.

Anyway, yes I know a bloke called Rupert van der Waal. He lives near me.
(pt 3 to come)
Rupert was driven out of his farm by ANC activists in concert with Zanu PF activists over the border in Matabeleland. His dogs were beaten to death with iron bars, his farmworkers (mostly Asian derivation) were raped, and his cattle were set on fire. Let me repeat that, his cattle were set on fire while alive.
And all because he was white.

So, I've a question for you: have you met any black South Africans who weren't racist tw@ts... Because I haven't.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
So, I've a question for you: have you met any black South Africans who weren't racist tw@ts... Because I haven't.

i don't know about Mummy - but I have... I've met desmond tutu...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:56 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

And both you and I know that Desmond and Rupert are individuals. It doesn't matter what fecking colour they are... and Pencilbiter should have known better than to ask that stupid fecking question in the first place.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

And both you and I know that Desmond and Rupert are individuals. It doesn't matter what fecking colour they are... and Pencilbiter should have known better than to ask that stupid fecking question in the first place.

i certainly do - but it was just you and mummy asking the stoopid generalised race-questions... your question was just as stoopid as Mummy's.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 pm

I have, several. But since they were all members of the Anti-apartheid movement, and in exile in the UK, it was self-selecting.

There were, of course, several white South Africans in the leadership of the ANC - for instance, Albie Sachs, Joe Slovo, Ruth First.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:47 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

i certainly do - but it was just you and mummy asking the stoopid generalised race-questions... your question was just as stoopid as Mummy's.
To answer my own question - I've never met any black South African. Whether racist or not. I was merely illustrating what an arsehole question that mummy had posed. How you can think that that is stupid is beyond me, but I do note that your own take on the Palestine-Israeli dichotomy is seemingly as equally biased as mummy's idea of white South African's widespread racism is to me.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

To answer my own question - I've never met any black South African. Whether racist or not. I was merely illustrating what an arsehole question that mummy had posed. How you can think that that is stupid is beyond me, but I do note that your own take on the Palestine-Israeli dichotomy is seemingly as equally biased as mummy's idea of white South African's widespread racism is to me.
what take on the Palestine-Israeli dichotomy would that be????? (are you drunk again?)

Mummy's question: Has anyone ever encountered a white South African bloke who wasn't an opinionated racist tw*t?

your question: have you met any black South Africans who weren't racist tw@ts?

both pretty much identically stoopid.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 pm

My question was a mirror image to shed light on how stupid... no, how offensive, mummy's question was. If you can't see that it's because you don't want to.

(and furthermore, if you'd like to go back and read my post, it was pretty obvious that my question was thrust at pencilbiter. It wasn't some generalised query, it was a sarcastic semi-rhetorical question aimed at the proginator of the twisted concept under discussion).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください