Dogs are wonderful

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Dogs are wonderful

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Awww, Lucky! Shes a sweetheart. I love that middle pic.

Anyway, excellent, are we sharing doggy pictures (again?!) Off I trot to find some.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:55 pm

This Milo (RIP) My first proper dog of my own. Miss him still...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:56 pm

Awwww...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:00 pm

And this is Paddy my loveable very bouncy mongrel that we rescued from Ireland, he's nearly 2 now and still a complete loon.

As a pup battling parvo virus before he came to us

Pouncing on snowballs

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:05 pm

All great pics them. How old is Lucky, Bish? Was she an ex racer?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:All great pics them. How old is Lucky, Bish? Was she an ex racer?
she's getting on a bit now - she was 11yrs old back in december... yeah - an ex-racer, used to race at the Romford Track...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 pm

thebish wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:All great pics them. How old is Lucky, Bish? Was she an ex racer?
she's getting on a bit now - she was 11yrs old back in december... yeah - an ex-racer, used to race at the Romford Track...
She's a bonny lass for sure. She's got the same grey chops my Shadow has - he's 12 next month. I bump into a guy up Rivington quite often, who has 2 Greyhounds. They have a scarily strong chase instinct which he's been unable to train out of them, so they're rarely off the lead and are both muzzled. Are they as lazy as folk say - two quick runs and then sleep for the day?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:29 pm

oh aye - lazy as anything - mine's happy with one quick stroll - then sleep all day - they're like cats, but they are dogs!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:46 pm

thebish wrote:oh aye - lazy as anything - mine's happy with one quick stroll - then sleep all day - they're like cats, but they are dogs!
Kinell, if only mine was like that. Three hours and ten miles minimum walkies every single day...any less and all hell has to be paid at bedtime. I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:oh aye - lazy as anything - mine's happy with one quick stroll - then sleep all day - they're like cats, but they are dogs!
Kinell, if only mine was like that. Three hours and ten miles minimum walkies every single day...any less and all hell has to be paid at bedtime. I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest.
well , that's presumably because you have a collie! what did you expect! that's what we had before the greyhound...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
He must keep you fit - half the population dosent walk that in a week the lazy f**kers.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:16 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
well , that's presumably because you have a collie! what did you expect! that's what we had before the greyhound...
I'm not saying I didn't expect it... I am somewhat surprised that greyhounds require just 20 mins per day. That was my major point.
I deliberately got a collie in order that she'd drive me on to perform physical activity. I'm neither complaining nor boasting, but I am stunned that any dog requires just 20 minutes a day exercise?!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:28 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
He must keep you fit - half the population dosent walk that in a week the lazy f**kers.
Yes Dan. Correct on both points.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I'm not saying I didn't expect it... I am somewhat surprised that greyhounds require just 20 mins per day. That was my major point.
I deliberately got a collie in order that she'd drive me on to perform physical activity. I'm neither complaining nor boasting, but I am stunned that any dog requires just 20 minutes a day exercise?!

she's 11yrs old - which is getting on - but she will ask to go home after about 10mins walking... she has several tactics... pretend she needs a poo - so make you stop - then totter back the way we came, have a sneaky look to check you are following - decide the poo was a phantom and set off smartly towards home, being the favourite!

can't really blame her as she was flogged half to death with the running and training until she was nearly five... she deserves a break... despite a marked lack of exercise - not one ounce of fat on her...

am exhausted when i look after my mum's dogs (3 collies) - they never just chill!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Yesssss, just fought our way back through a hailstorm. Connie kept looking at me as if to say "what's keeping you?" and then pretending to turn back and head home... But sneakily heading for paths we both know take much longer. Collies! Sneaky feckers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:57 pm

One thing I will give dogs is their a dam sight cleverer than cats as the above case suggests.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Our Oscar. He's my brother's dog, but I take him for maaahoosive walks. Problem with that is that every time I turn up at Our Kid's, young Oscar thinks I've turned up only to take him on a biggie. Even after 14 miles he still brings sticks for you to throw. He really is an absolute love though and is as daft as you like. Though there really is absolutely no wearing him out.

May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Our Oscar. He's my brother's dog, but I take him for maaahoosive walks. Problem with that is that every time I turn up at Our Kid's, young Oscar thinks I've turned up only to take him on a biggie. Even after 14 miles he still brings sticks for you to throw. He really is an absolute love though and is as daft as you like. Though there really is absolutely no wearing him out.

Is he begging you for sandwich in that picture?! :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Our Oscar. He's my brother's dog, but I take him for maaahoosive walks. Problem with that is that every time I turn up at Our Kid's, young Oscar thinks I've turned up only to take him on a biggie. Even after 14 miles he still brings sticks for you to throw. He really is an absolute love though and is as daft as you like. Though there really is absolutely no wearing him out.

Is he begging you for sandwich in that picture?! :D
De ja vu?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: Is he begging you for sandwich in that picture?! :D
He knows a ham (and mustard) sammich when he sees one. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way