The Climate (not weather) Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: The Climate (not weather) Thread

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 28, 2014 11:04 am

Climate's a bit wet here today Spotty.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 28, 2014 11:11 am

bobo the clown wrote:Climate's a bit wet here today Spotty.
weather, you bugger, weather... :spank:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Been a bit warm today. Not surprising as the 'scientific community' are about to announce a record breaking record ( not just any record ).
But, more pertinently, I predict (with major egg on face potential here) that by March 2016 you'll be asking yourself WTF? after being battered relentlessly by winds, rain and snow. If it don't happen I will donate £5 to a charity of Hoboh's choice...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Been a bit warm today. Not surprising as the 'scientific community' are about to announce a record breaking record ( not just any record ).
But, more pertinently, I predict (with major egg on face potential here) that by March 2016 you'll be asking yourself WTF? after being battered relentlessly by winds, rain and snow. If it don't happen I will donate £5 to a charity of Hoboh's choice...
Bolton Hospice please.
(Although I reckon you'd lose if we had ten feet of snow and lord knows how many millimetres of rain along with oak tree demolishing winds, they'd put that down to the effects of climate change, they are playing all sides of the argument)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:47 pm

^ remind me who the "they" are exactly??

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:31 am

thebish wrote:^ remind me who the "they" are exactly??

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:08 pm

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to Arsenal who apparently need to fly from London to Norwich for their game tomorrow as there is quite literally no other sensible way of getting there given that trains don't go out that far - or summat!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:30 am

Ridiculous when you consider they could easily find their way there via the power of dance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-32399055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:42 am

I can't find the simple "weather" thread so here will do.

There is some terrible & intimidating footage on line today of flooding, especially in Cumbria. However there are also.some in North Wales and particularly it seems Anglesey. The fire brigade are pumping out mostly cellars in Beaumaris (good Welsh name that boyos). One area flooded there and being pumped out is the normally dry & grassed Castle moat. Seriously.

Now, I know I don't know the full story regarding this but I'd not have thought emptying a fckg moat was a top priority.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I can't find the simple "weather" thread so here will do.

There is some terrible & intimidating footage on line today of flooding, especially in Cumbria. However there are also.some in North Wales and particularly it seems Anglesey. The fire brigade are pumping out mostly cellars in Beaumaris (good Welsh name that boyos). One area flooded there and being pumped out is the normally dry & grassed Castle moat. Seriously.

Now, I know I don't know the full story regarding this but I'd not have thought emptying a fckg moat was a top priority.
Oh dear, oh dear. Are you sure you live there?

Anyone would tell you that the dry moat is there to confuse the invading horde from England. They run in, stop in their wellies, all confused and whilst they're scratching their heads, you flood the moat with sheep's pi$$ and drown the feckers.

Significant part of the Welsh national defence plan. Almost as important as Trident.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I can't find the simple "weather" thread so here will do.

Might be that letting the moat dry has caused the wattle and daub amongst the foundations to crack up and let the water in to the cellars. They've probably still got English prisoners in irons down there. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:39 pm

^^ Welsh. Welsh prisoners Tango
Those castles were all English ones. (HOORAY !!!).

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Significant part of the Welsh national defence plan. Almost as important as Trident.
Makes just as much sense and significantly cheaper. They're a clever bunch the Welsh :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Makes just as much sense and significantly cheaper. They're a clever bunch the Welsh :D
.... :shock: you don't know many then, I take it ??

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:19 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
.... :shock: you don't know many then, I take it ??
All that money saved on defence they can put into promoting their language. I thought you'd be all for it! :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Significant part of the Welsh national defence plan. Almost as important as Trident.
I thought that was all, LLAP-Goch , or summat.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 am

So we're experiencing one in a lifetime freak weather every few months. But Hoboh reckons it's a hoax, so there's now to worry about folks.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:01 am

are you folk all in the north west all without power? if so - I guess you might not see this! errr... ahhh - yeah - phones - your phones and gadgets might still work - so - question remains!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:05 am

thebish wrote:are you folk all in the north west all without power? if so - I guess you might not see this! errr... ahhh - yeah - phones - your phones and gadgets might still work - so - question remains!
Mostly Cumbria, though it's got as far south as Lancaster. The pages I still follow having gone to Uni there are all talking about it. They're cancelling exams and sending people home.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Beefheart wrote:
thebish wrote:are you folk all in the north west all without power? if so - I guess you might not see this! errr... ahhh - yeah - phones - your phones and gadgets might still work - so - question remains!
Mostly Cumbria, though it's got as far south as Lancaster. The pages I still follow having gone to Uni there are all talking about it. They're cancelling exams and sending people home.
I thought I'd read that Lancaster Uni had cancelled all it's lectures between now and Christmas? Slack bastards.