It's a deal, it's a steal, it's sale of the fxcking century!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: It's a deal, it's a steal, it's sale of the fxcking cent

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:And who flings stuff out that's in showroom condition? Just had a quick sken at their leaflet again and sure enough, it says at the bottom, 'Please don't be disappointed if we're unable to accept items for reasons of safety or quality'.
If they wont take it then try Freecycle. Will be sure to go quickly on there.

We've a great service here called Take My Junk. Whatever it is they will come and collect gratis. They then fix it and sell it with proceeds going to charity. I even got them to pick a unit up from a friends apartment and deliver it to me. I gave them a couple of hundred Dirhams for their trouble. The odd job men/moving companies wanted at least a thousand Dirhams :shock:
In Farnworth you just stick anything you don't want outside your garden gate. There's always some of our East European friends touring around. In fairness, they bother nobody and provide a service. They'll pretty much take anything at all. One open back transit tours around and the guy has a megaphone. Sounds real odd to hear him Shouting " Rag-Bone" in this day and age... :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:And who flings stuff out that's in showroom condition? Just had a quick sken at their leaflet again and sure enough, it says at the bottom, 'Please don't be disappointed if we're unable to accept items for reasons of safety or quality'.
If they wont take it then try Freecycle. Will be sure to go quickly on there.

We've a great service here called Take My Junk. Whatever it is they will come and collect gratis. They then fix it and sell it with proceeds going to charity. I even got them to pick a unit up from a friends apartment and deliver it to me. I gave them a couple of hundred Dirhams for their trouble. The odd job men/moving companies wanted at least a thousand Dirhams :shock:
In Farnworth you just stick anything you don't want outside your garden gate. There's always some of our East European friends touring around. In fairness, they bother nobody and provide a service. They'll pretty much take anything at all. One open back transit tours around and the guy has a megaphone. Sounds real odd to hear him Shouting " Rag-Bone" in this day and age... :)
Yeah, we get the odd one round here too, Tango. Thing is, it's a three-year-old, perfectly good working order, double electric oven and grill with a glass hob - so I'm hoping someone might be grateful/have good use of it. The only reason I want rid is because it didn't fit in with the design of the new kitchen. You may now all judge me. :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:41 pm

If they won't take it Bruce, try here. We donated our 3 piece suite to them which had seen much better days. They then pass them on to people genuinely in need.

http://www.bctfs.co.uk/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:If they won't take it Bruce, try here. We donated our 3 piece suite to them which had seen much better days. They then pass them on to people genuinely in need.

Briiliant. Cheers, mate. Didn't even know that they existed. They may even be able to help me in my search for a 'lived-on' brown leather Chesterfield. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:07 pm

I posts stuff on freecycle Bruce, also an excellent service/ Saves you having it taken away and someone gets use from it

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:If they won't take it Bruce, try here. We donated our 3 piece suite to them which had seen much better days. They then pass them on to people genuinely in need.

Briiliant. Cheers, mate. Didn't even know that they existed. They may even be able to help me in my search for a 'lived-on' brown leather Chesterfield. :)
Nooooooooo! Chesterfield's are THE most uncomfortable things to sit on. Ever. Aside from your lounge looking like the waiting room in a 19th century American bordello, there's no way you can get comfy on them. No support for your head or shoulders, you can't lie down on them and if memory serves me right from my teenage babysitting years, they're no good for anything else either, you slide off.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.