Britpop or S**tpop?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Britpop or S**tpop?

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:55 pm

You and me both know that they represented the era, simple as that. Without Oasis there definitely wouldn't have been such thing as Britpop, yeah they were backed up by other decent acts and were by no means the only decent band around about at the time.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri May 02, 2014 5:22 am

You don't half talk shit sometimes Dan. How did they represent anything other than their own arrogance due to a little success?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 02, 2014 9:16 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:You and me both know that they represented the era, simple as that. Without Oasis there definitely wouldn't have been such thing as Britpop, yeah they were backed up by other decent acts and were by no means the only decent band around about at the time.
Have you anything to say about absolutely anything that isn't a complete load of bollocks? Well? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 02, 2014 10:24 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:You and me both know that they represented the era, simple as that. Without Oasis there definitely wouldn't have been such thing as Britpop, yeah they were backed up by other decent acts and were by no means the only decent band around about at the time.
I know little or nothing about Brit pop, Dan, but out of interest I Googled just how many bands were involved in the start of it, mainly because if it had just been about Oasis it wouldn't have lasted five minutes. You should try it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 02, 2014 3:37 pm

You and me both know that they represented were the most successful band of the era, simple as that. Without Oasis Britpop, the Beatles and Inspiral Carpets there definitely wouldn't have been such thing as Oasis Britpop Yeah they were backed up by other decent acts and were by no means the only decent band around about at the time, like James, Blur and the like who were better songwriters with original sounds, not the tribute act Beatles wannabees who were/ are Oasis.

There you go Dan. Revised.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 02, 2014 3:46 pm

My favourite tribute band are Oasisn't - not because I've ever heard them coz I haven't. I just love the name.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:My favourite tribute band are Oasisn't - not because I've ever heard them coz I haven't. I just love the name.
yeah - but what does Dan Brown think? :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 02, 2014 4:31 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:My favourite tribute band are Oasisn't - not because I've ever heard them coz I haven't. I just love the name.
You've really given him a bone now Spotski. He'll go on about Dave Hinchey's Skoda forever. :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 02, 2014 6:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
You've really given him a bone now Spotski. He'll go on about Dave Hinchey's Skoda forever. :wink:
I'm completely lost now... :hang:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
Da ve Hinchey's Skoda

Ah well, never mind. Just my daft humour... :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 02, 2014 6:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
Da ve Hinchey's Skoda

Ah well, never mind. Just my daft humour... :wink:
Oh gaaaaaaawd. That has to be the worst pun I have ever come across. 58 years I've lived, just to put that into perspective Tango. Fifty feckin eight. And you've out punned every other pun, ever. :hang: :hang: :hang:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 02, 2014 6:51 pm

:lol:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

You and me both know that they represented were the most successful band of the era, simple as that. Without Oasis Britpop, the Beatles and Inspiral Carpets there definitely wouldn't have been such thing as Oasis Britpop Yeah they were backed up by other decent acts and were by no means the only decent band around about at the time, like James, Blur and the like who were better songwriters with original sounds, not the tribute act Beatles wannabees who were/ are Oasis.

There you go Dan. Revised.
Thankyou.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.