Next Gen Consoles PS4/Xbox One

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Next Gen Consoles PS4/Xbox One

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:23 am

Worthy4England wrote:
For those who feel that they will be buying half a game, Black Ops 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360 will be priced at $49.99 instead of $59.99
I have a maths degree - but am still working out how they've computed that! (I think - because of the tricky "99"s they have rounded it up a little teeny bit...) :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:41 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Anyone picked up the new Fallout or Tomb Raider?
I now have both, having gone to the trouble of forking out on a new Xbox One, yesterday. And CoD Blops 3 and probable some version of FIFA. The main problem seems to be this.

The son plays Cod. The wife plays Tomb Raider. It actually resembled Battlefield 4 in our front room, as the pair of them slugged it out over whose turn it was this morning. Wife banished son to room (I thought underhandedly) - I took charge of the controller and then spent 2 hours negotiating a peace settlement in territory that would make Syria look like a walk in the park.

Tomb Raider looks visually like the previous one and initial reports suggest, plays like it too. CoD now has a version that has a single player mission in it (unlike last weeks Xbox 360 version).

Fallout 4 - I think I'm probably at the wrong end of a long queue.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Finding myself with £150 worth of tesco boost vouchers I spent the lot on a xbox one, but have to wait until next Friday before I pick it up. I got the Kinect with it (Mrs C's only request) plus an extra controller. I suppose I'll be getting Fallout 4 in due course but I see COD Black Ops and Fable 2 are now both backwards compatible and I have both virtually unplayed from the 360. I really fancy Elite Dangerous though, which I believe is downloadable. Any other suggestions of 'must haves' gratefully received.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:Anyone picked up the new Fallout or Tomb Raider?
I now have both, having gone to the trouble of forking out on a new Xbox One, yesterday. And CoD Blops 3 and probable some version of FIFA. The main problem seems to be this.

The son plays Cod. The wife plays Tomb Raider. It actually resembled Battlefield 4 in our front room, as the pair of them slugged it out over whose turn it was this morning. Wife banished son to room (I thought underhandedly) - I took charge of the controller and then spent 2 hours negotiating a peace settlement in territory that would make Syria look like a walk in the park.

Tomb Raider looks visually like the previous one and initial reports suggest, plays like it too. CoD now has a version that has a single player mission in it (unlike last weeks Xbox 360 version).

Fallout 4 - I think I'm probably at the wrong end of a long queue.
Heard nothing but good things about Tomb Raider personally. Not really got the time to play anything and don't have any new consoles.

Might get one in time for Christmas I guess.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Guess I'll wait n see on tomb raider...a game that should probably be judged on the quality of its tombs...last outing was very light on decent tombs...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:37 am

clapton is god wrote:Finding myself with £150 worth of tesco boost vouchers I spent the lot on a xbox one, but have to wait until next Friday before I pick it up. I got the Kinect with it (Mrs C's only request) plus an extra controller. I suppose I'll be getting Fallout 4 in due course but I see COD Black Ops and Fable 2 are now both backwards compatible and I have both virtually unplayed from the 360. I really fancy Elite Dangerous though, which I believe is downloadable. Any other suggestions of 'must haves' gratefully received.
Fable 2 is probably my most favouritist game ever!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:33 am

Managed to grab an hour on Fallout 4 last night - looks great, the opening bit...reminiscent of Half Life (which was fairly ground breaking intro in its day). Only thing on Xbox One, is frame rate seems quite "chuggy"...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

E3, then

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Looked at last night's summary and was filled with an overwhelming sense of "meh" as Elder Scrolls 6 was waffled about. Not seen anything yet that I'd want to spend hard earned on.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:21 pm

Did you ever play Limbo, Worthy? Inside (the vid i posted) is the follow up from that studio. Looks v interesting (and pretty surprising it was announced after about eight million delays).

Last Guardian could be fun.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:11 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Did you ever play Limbo, Worthy? Inside (the vid i posted) is the follow up from that studio. Looks v interesting (and pretty surprising it was announced after about eight million delays).

Last Guardian could be fun.
Had a look at it, but it struck me as a poor man's Alan Wake :-)

Last Guardian - 10 years? in the making - might be heavily pixelated and 16-bit. :-)

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:46 am

KeyserSoze wrote:Did you ever play Limbo, Worthy? Inside (the vid i posted) is the follow up from that studio. Looks v interesting (and pretty surprising it was announced after about eight million delays).
Just watched the first couple of minutes, stopped it as I don't want to see half the game before I've even touched it lol. Looks very decent though!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:48 pm

fkin weather! fancy a new game - whats hot atm?

Doom any good? quite fancy The Witcher 3 as i loved the Fable series but still not played Unchartered 4, Rainbox Six Siege, Mortal Kombat X, or Arkham Knight even!

also played Unravel in the arcade on a cruise ship, told myself id buy that when i got home n'all...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:23 pm

I just played most of Dragon Age Inquisition. I thought it was remarkable (but played it on PC rather than one of my consoles)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:13 am

Arkham Knight was £15 so chose that!! DL'd Unravel too - neither of them finished DLing /DLing the updates before i was well in the land of zeds!!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Has anyone on here bought No Man's Sky yet?

If you have, would you mind letting me know how the hell I'm supposed to play it?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Lol, no not bought it and not likely too either. Reckon it's going to be the world's largest procedurally generated universe with fck all in it.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Lol, no not bought it and not likely too either. Reckon it's going to be the world's largest procedurally generated universe with fck all in it.
From what I've seen on youtube that seems to be the case :lol:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Lol, no not bought it and not likely too either. Reckon it's going to be the world's largest procedurally generated universe with fck all in it.
From what I've seen on youtube that seems to be the case :lol:
There's a BWFC fan who used to post on here called JebusF(?), he runs a website called godisageek.com and he reviews games for a living. He told me on twitter, pretty much, that it's too large in scale to be enjoyable. Kind of Because they can, rather than Because they should
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 pm

They've been bigging it on IGN for about 12 months. I've been reading and thinking great visually, worryingly large size (can't possibly see it all) and every review seemed to have sq rt = fck all, in it. The fighting elements look weak, the story seems very thin and if you play as a trader then you'd never actually get to the centre...aside from that it seems to be critically broke on release date. Will give it a while, see if anyone actually finds a game in there.