The Ryder Cup

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Re: The Ryder Cup

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am

I find it very hard to get excited about the Ryder Cup. I don't find that my partisan juices flow along continental lines and I'm afraid I would sooner go for beers with Patrick Reed than Martin Kaymer.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:42 pm

I disagree, my juices are better suited to Kaymer.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:33 pm

And if it's a toss up between beer in Germany and beer in Texas, then there's only one winner...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:17 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I disagree, my juices are better suited to Kaymer.
You Sir, need medical help. Urgently!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Don't be so homophobic. Each to their own I say and if LE fantasises over Kaymer then he should be allowed to without ridicule :D .
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:35 am

TANGODANCER wrote:T'was all in jest Dujon, nothing more. Most of what I say is. :wink:

I well remember the Tompson and Nagle era ( I still have a Dunlop driver with Roberto de Vicenzo sp? on it.) back when they and Gary Player dominated the game.
So was I jesting, mate. :smile:
Mind you, good as they all were, I suspect if you put them in their prime and with the clubs and balls of their era up against the top men of today with their modern kit it'd be a walk over for the current crop. Maybe not around the greens but certainly down the fairway and approaches. Oh yes, the man in black: He was my third favourite player of that time. Always a gentleman, both on and off the course. It's not that I don't like the modern players (or their equipment) as I do. I am also sure that most of the players of today carry with them the same golfing ethos of those of yesteryear.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:47 am

malcd1 wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Don't be so homophobic. Each to their own I say and if LE fantasises over Kaymer then he should be allowed to without ridicule :D .
Thanks mate.

feck you BP!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thanks mate.

feck you BP!
Oi I'm not homophobic. I ain't scared of my house! :whack: Apologies for the Dad 'joke'. :oops:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:08 am

No need. It was an entirely deliberate innuendo fishing exercise and I'm disappointed only you took the bait. It's getting far too mature on here. Thought Wigan White would've been all over it like gravy in a pie.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:29 am

LeverEnd wrote:No need. It was an entirely deliberate innuendo fishing exercise and I'm disappointed only you took the bait. It's getting far too mature on here. Thought Wigan White would've been all over it like gravy in a pie.
Just need to clarify a point of order here. Is the gravy you mean the golden stuff ,which only appears generally in meat pies, or the brown gravy which also appears in meat pies, mainly of the plate variety. On the topic of pies, you see, these things must be clarified because of those pies that don't normally have gravy in them, potato and meat, cheese and onion etc. Pies are a very important topic so best to get it clear. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Exterior added gravy. Apologies for any confusion.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: pies that don't normally have gravy in them, potato and meat,
Clearly you haven't been to the little pie shop near the foot of Belmont Road, Tango. You must. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: pies that don't normally have gravy in them, potato and meat,
Clearly you haven't been to the little pie shop near the foot of Belmont Road, Tango. You must. ;)
Indeed I haven't. Sounds very interesting. Damn, now I'm tasting em....Pies are so...infectious... :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:22 pm

LeverEnd wrote:No need. It was an entirely deliberate innuendo fishing exercise and I'm disappointed only you took the bait. It's getting far too mature on here. Thought Wigan White would've been all over it like gravy in a pie.
You would love me to take your bait! Once again. I sicken myself! :oops: