I knew i was past it when...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: I knew i was past it when...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:08 pm

The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 pm

So how the fck are you, in any way, "past it" ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:20
Oh well - that's you 4ucked then! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:11 am

Geez, Dan, you don't set the bar very high do you? I suspect you are jesting. At a year or two younger than you are now I used to run 3/4 of a mile from school to the railway station - and it wasn't flat, the final 250 yards were steep and up hill. Even in full school uniform (school shoes, long trousers, coat and tie and carrying a very heavy suitcase full of text and note books) we used to take four minutes. At the other end I'd walk 1.5 miles home over reasonably flat terrain; average time 11 minutes.

As far as "I knew I was past it when . . . " is concerned? Probably when I realised that sex was not the most important thing in married life. Mind you, I've always been a slow learner. :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:37 am

Dujon wrote:Geez, Dan, you don't set the bar very high do you? I suspect you are jesting. At a year or two younger than you are now I used to run 3/4 of a mile from school to the railway station - and it wasn't flat, the final 250 yards were steep and up hill. Even in full school uniform (school shoes, long trousers, coat and tie and carrying a very heavy suitcase full of text and note books) we used to take four minutes. At the other end I'd walk 1.5 miles home over reasonably flat terrain; average time 11 minutes.

As far as "I knew I was past it when . . . " is concerned? Probably when I realised that sex was not the most important thing in married life. Mind you, I've always been a slow learner. :mrgreen:
I walk at about 3 mph so a mile and a half would take me...Holy Cow!... 30 minutes. You must be 8' foot tall. I'm with you on the sex bit mind.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:55 am

I can probably walk at 5mph.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:56 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
We were told at school that boys/men were at their peak when they were 16, so I'm certainly past my best. God knows what i'll feel like at 40!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:15 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
We were told at school that boys/men were at their peak when they were 16, so I'm certainly past my best. God knows what i'll feel like at 40!
"at their peak" in what sense? without qualifying it - it's utterly meaningless!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:14 am

Athletically, she said it was bit older for girls.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:38 am

thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
"at their peak" in what sense? without qualifying it - it's utterly meaningless!
I suspect it will be meaningless when it IS qualified.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:10 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Athletically, she said it was bit older for girls.
So, there's the explanation. All our football squad are officially past it, some by a long way. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I can probably walk at 5mph.
Even so and taking into account that mathematics is not my strong suit, I don't think you could walk 1.5 miles in 11 minutes. Let's see. You would walk 5 x 11/60 = 0.92. Less than a mile. I still maintain Dujon must be 8' tall....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:48 pm

well - it's clearly bollox. how many "athletic" world records were set by 16yr old blokes?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:53 pm

thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
for being groomed

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Dan, I did a mile in 5.40 a few weeks before my 46th birthday. At 20 I was so unfit I'd have been hard pressed to do one in under 8 too. You've got years ahead of you fella, try enjoying em :D

Dujon - you must have been quicker than a rat up a drainpipe to be doing that in 4 minutes :shock: :pray:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Dan; FFS Man, get a grip. I was a racing cyclist in the 70's early 80's; and until my knee exploded, quite a good 'un if the record books are to be believed. Back then, 28/29 year old was the supposed athletic peak. Now it's been re jigged to around 33/34. Stop wishing your feckin' life away and enjoy the day as it comes, 'cos one day, when it's too late, tomorrow won't be there.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
So, there's the explanation. All our football squad are officially past it, some by a long way. :wink:
I think the peak referred to is sexual. However, even this is questionable. I read:
Chances are you've heard that men hit their peak at 18. But is it really true that men are at the height of their sexual prowess when they're too young to know what to do with it? It depends on your definition of peak.

Around age 18, a guy's organs (read: his testicles) are producing the most sex-revving testosterone they ever will, according to Ava Cadell, Ph.D., a Los Angeles sexologist and founder of LoveologyUniversity.com. Research shows that barely legal men have the fastest and firmest erections and are the best equipped for encore performances.

But it takes about a full decade after your peak output to actually reach your max testosterone levels, meaning a guy's sexual desire doesn't actually spike until he's around 30 years old.
Either way, I'm past it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
I think the peak referred to is sexual. However, even this is questionable. I read:
Chances are you've heard that men hit their peak at 18. But is it really true that men are at the height of their sexual prowess when they're too young to know what to do with it? It depends on your definition of peak.

Around age 18, a guy's organs (read: his testicles) are producing the most sex-revving testosterone they ever will, according to Ava Cadell, Ph.D., a Los Angeles sexologist and founder of LoveologyUniversity.com. Research shows that barely legal men have the fastest and firmest erections and are the best equipped for encore performances.

But it takes about a full decade after your peak output to actually reach your max testosterone levels, meaning a guy's sexual desire doesn't actually spike until he's around 30 years old.
Either way, I'm past it.
Fascinating

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Oldest on the (5 a side) pitch last week

Legs do not do what they are told anymore

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Being given the runaround at premier fives week in, week out by young whipper snappers. We weren't called Boca Seniors for nothing!!