Autumn internationals thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Autumn internationals thread

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:21 am

OH NOES! It's a rugby thread on a football forum! How will we cope?!

Anyway, England do down against NZ. Could/should've been two or three tries ahead after the first 20 or so minutes, before NZ remembered they're NZ and went through the gears. They are so fluid and clinical. Great try from May, though.

Wales quite literally throw the game away against a pretty average Australia side, in one instance throwing the ball to Folau for him to run the length of the field. Weren't helped by losing Halfpenny and Biggar, either.

This is funny http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/w ... ke-8073316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Autumn internationals thread

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:51 am

KeyserSoze wrote:OH NOES! It's a rugby thread on a football forum! How will we cope?!

Anyway, England do down against NZ. Could/should've been two or three tries ahead after the first 20 or so minutes, before NZ remembered they're NZ and went through the gears. They are so fluid and clinical. Great try from May, though.

Wales quite literally throw the game away against a pretty average Australia side, in one instance throwing the ball to Folau for him to run the length of the field. Weren't helped by losing Halfpenny and Biggar, either.
and not for the first time - and it never fails to cheer me up - it is the gift that keeps on giving! :D

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:57 am

Not convinced by Scotland, either. Yes they stuck forty points on the board but they conceded 30 to an absolutely shocking Argentina side!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:01 am

KeyserSoze wrote:Not convinced by Scotland, either. Yes they stuck forty points on the board but they conceded 30 to an absolutely shocking Argentina side!
Ireland's was the result of the day... but I'm quietly confident for England a year out from the World Cup... Lancaster has properly engineered a real turnaround from the shambles we were in 2 or 3 yrs ago...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:10 am

I've seen anything of the Ireland game bar the result, so not really able to comment other than clearly a great result - and always nice to see the saffers get beat. F*cking hate them.

Aye it's a good team now, just need to find the ruthlessness that makes the top boys so good. Also, there's going to be a lot of competition for the centres and wings it seems.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Ireland played a great game and were well worth their win. England looked a long way short of the All Blacks - nowhere near as close as the scoreline suggested. Might have been different had we turned some possession in the first half into points, but second half we didn't get much ball, when we did it was in our 22 and often resulted in us punting it up to them, from where it came straight back. Think SKD V's Arsenal away to get the general picture.

Forwards did a pretty good job in fairness.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Lawes was targeted and taken out. That's a normal all black tactic of taking out who they perceive to be the key man.

The positives have been spoken about regarding the new caps and 6 probable starters watching the game.

I was disappointed though, I want to hear about how we were disappointed and not the positives, they have been heard 5 times before now. Lets have some talk of disappointment.

The game v SA on Saturday is now massive. They are hurt and will want to put in a performance against us. We need to get our retaliation in first.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Really interested to see if Sam Burgess can get in. If he makes it in time he'll be a big asset IMO.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:00 am

Prufrock wrote:Really interested to see if Sam Burgess can get in. If he makes it in time he'll be a big asset IMO.
He certainly won't play in the autumn internationals.

Bath have said he will be a utility player, which suggests to me that they don't know where they will play him.

It's going to be interesting watching him develop and if he can adapt.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 am

yeah the coach said he's going to try him in different positions. Got to be a centre though, shirley.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 am

Aye sorry, I meant the World Cup.

Centre seems the obvious fit to me, to Bath seem to fancy him in the back row. No doubt he'll be a phenomenon in Union too, eventually, but 10 months isn't a long time!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:Aye sorry, I meant the World Cup.

Centre seems the obvious fit to me, to Bath seem to fancy him in the back row. No doubt he'll be a phenomenon in Union too, eventually, but 10 months isn't a long time!
Quite a brave prediction.

I really don't know where he will fit in. Bath paid for the transfer and his wages and can dictate where he will play for them, which is at odds with where apparently England see him.

Personally, I see him suited as a number 6 or 8 due to his size and bulk but breaking into the international team in that position will take some doing. At 25, I'm not so sure in him getting the game craft and being better than players who have played top level for years already.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:34 pm

long way to go yet, but..

GET IN!!! :D

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:14 pm

The poor old Wallabies, they can't win a trick at the moment - not that they deserve to, mind. What's that now, lost seven of the last eight? Bring back the halcyon days with John Eales as captain. :smile:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Dujon wrote:The poor old Wallabies, they can't win a trick at the moment - not that they deserve to, mind. What's that now, lost seven of the last eight? Bring back the halcyon days with John Eales as captain. :smile:
from the little I saw - we beefed them up in the pack - they had no answers... great to see a rollicking English pack again - great 30yd drive in the last ten minutes that led to the final penalty...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Sam Burgess saying he is finding the switch tougher than expected.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/30678502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To surmise, he prefers being in the centre as he finds it easier to play as when he is in the pack, he is lost at line outs.

Acknowledges that he has a lot of hard work and only his performances will get him recognised to be picked at the international level. This years world cup will probably be to soon for him.