Confused!!!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Confused!!!!

Post by wigan white » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:01 am

Went on works Xmas do on Friday, started at 11 in the Old man & scythe, was ok until being in Yates at 9 (swinging round the stripper pole) then a complete blank until waking up on my couch (in Wigan ) at 2am???? Haven't a clue , what happened after that and how I got home???? Text mates from work and none of them know either???

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Confused!!!!

Post by clapton is god » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Only twice in my life have I drank to a state of forgetfulness, and both occasions I was drinking in the Bier Keller at Piccadilly. Very disconcerting and it won't be happening again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:17 pm

^
A stripper pole in a fine old establishment dedicated to the tippling art? Disgusting. What's the world coming to? You may shudder in disdain, but there was a time when Yates Wine Lodge at Christmas was an emporium of excellence wreathed in the exotic aromas of brandy fumes, Australian White Wine, good beer and cigar smoke. Stripper poles, pah...shame on you... :evil:

:lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:18 pm

clapton is god wrote:Only twice in my life have I drank to a state of forgetfulness, and both occasions I was drinking in the Bier Keller at Piccadilly. Very disconcerting and it won't be happening again.
I've done it twice THIS WEEK!!! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Only the 2nd time it's happened to me. I have a feeling it's because I ended up on Bacardi which from past experience hasn't always been the best choice. I'm glad (and surprised) I got home but it's very worrying and from now on Bacardi is on the "banned list".

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:^
A stripper pole in a fine old establishment dedicated to the tippling art? Disgusting. What's the world coming to? You may shudder in disdain, but there was a time when Yates Wine Lodge at Christmas was an emporium of excellence wreathed in the exotic aromas of brandy fumes, Australian White Wine, good beer and cigar smoke. Stripper poles, pah...shame on you... :evil:

Too be fair, Yates' in Wigan used to be quite decent (although it closed over 10yrs ago) but the Bolton one isn't of a high standard :lol:

On a side note, a mate has rung me to say he saw me in a pub in Wigan at 12???? This is getting more bizarre.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:32 pm

Hmm. When I was younger Yates's was an absolute shithole that was full of pissed old blokes.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
clapton is god wrote:Only twice in my life have I drank to a state of forgetfulness, and both occasions I was drinking in the Bier Keller at Piccadilly. Very disconcerting and it won't be happening again.
That's the spirit. I have on more than one occasion not woken up, in the country I was meant to be in. :-)

Siiwowica for breakfast at 04:00 can do that to people, so I'm told...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
That's the spirit. I have on more than one occasion not woken up, in the country I was meant to be in. :-)

:pray: :pissed:

That's the work of a true professional. On the international stage as well - magnificent.

I too, through inebriation, have woken up in the wrong country a couple of times - but that's been in England when I was meant to be somewhere else. :oops:

There is, somewhere in the recesses of my mind, a little bit of it that always seems to get me home from wherever and tucks me up in bed.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: There is, somewhere in the recesses of my mind, a little bit of it that always seems to get me home from wherever and tucks me up in bed.
nope - that's your butler!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:40 pm

A homing beacon.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:53 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: There is, somewhere in the recesses of my mind, a little bit of it that always seems to get me home from wherever and tucks me up in bed.
nope - that's your butler!
A Hobson to my Arthur? :D

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:04 pm

wigan white wrote:

Too be fair, Yates' in Wigan used to be quite decent (although it closed over 10yrs ago) but the Bolton one isn't of a high standard :lol:

On a side note, a mate has rung me to say he saw me in a pub in Wigan at 12???? This is getting more bizarre.
This sounds like Rohipnol to me. Did you wake up a little, erm, sore?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
wigan white wrote:

images/smilies/lmfao.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
wigan white wrote:

:lol: luckily not. Mate from work has now informed me that I suddenly said Bolton was shite and didn't deserve to witness my dancing :shock: and then said I was going out round Wigan instead??? Then a work colleague saw me at Bolton train station drinking Jaegermeister straight from the bottle with some blokes and I got on the train singing "NLSWA"..... at least I now know how I got back to Wigan :conf:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

:pray: :pissed:

That's the work of a true professional. On the international stage as well - magnificent.

I too, through inebriation, have woken up in the wrong country a couple of times - but that's been in England when I was meant to be somewhere else. :oops:

There is, somewhere in the recesses of my mind, a little bit of it that always seems to get me home from wherever and tucks me up in bed.
My mum always says that a drunk always finds his way home. She used to say it to me but I suppose it applies to you more. :D
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:23 pm

wigan white wrote:Only the 2nd time it's happened to me. I have a feeling it's because I ended up on Bacardi which from past experience hasn't always been the best choice. I'm glad (and surprised) I got home but it's very worrying and from now on Bacardi is on the "banned list".
My main banned spirit (there are others) is Pernod. It went to top of the pops after an evening in its company (thirty years ago) left me so wretchedly ill, and averse to its very smell, that I've never touched it since. Ughhhh..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 pm

I've had some right blinders in my time but I seem to be one of the fortunate few as I have never suffered a hangover (a bit fuzzy brained perhaps, but that's all) and only once have I regurgitated the grog (overdoing the port caused that). Unless the memory banks were totally wiped then getting home and remembering the evening's/night's/morning's goings-on wasn't a problem (although I'll admit to the odd blank spot or two).

You poor buggers, you. I sympathise, I really do, as I've had work colleagues turn up in a dreadful state and so have seen the results from the outside. It's not pretty I can assure you. :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:31 am

I believe this is Crayons's dog....