Shooting in Paris at satirical mag

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shooting in Paris at satirical mag

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:34 am

Worthy4England wrote:
malcd1 wrote:13,000 civilians killed in Nigeria in the last 5 years and 4000 documented in 2014. Boko Haram are carving out a territory in the North East of the country where they can exercise control. Torture, imprisonment, forced marriage and recruitment of child 'soldiers'.

http://news.sky.com/story/1408096/boko- ... king-proof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is not a protest at the west but a sustained attack to convert Nigeria into the next Islamic State.

Coming to an area near you soon.
Errr no, I don't think so. Can't see them having designs on Droylesden.

What do you believe we should do about it? If anything.
Let them get on with it, allow all the nutters over here to go live in the chosen land as well, get them all together in one place leave them alone and if they overstep the mark at least we can nuke the feckers all at once!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:54 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
malcd1 wrote:13,000 civilians killed in Nigeria in the last 5 years and 4000 documented in 2014. Boko Haram are carving out a territory in the North East of the country where they can exercise control. Torture, imprisonment, forced marriage and recruitment of child 'soldiers'.

http://news.sky.com/story/1408096/boko- ... king-proof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is not a protest at the west but a sustained attack to convert Nigeria into the next Islamic State.

Let them get on with it, allow all the nutters over here to go live in the chosen land as well, get them all together in one place leave them alone and if they overstep the mark at least we can nuke the feckers all at once!
We're making great progress here - news alert - they are already allowed to go and live in the chosen land...assuming the chosen land will have them - like any other British citizen.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:00 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Really? So an aggressive force wants to overtake and expand an area of land to establish a state of their own and you advocate it?

You must also agree with the Israeli expansion into Palestine then. Or the Russians (re)claiming the Ukraine.

Perhaps Hitler SHOULD have been allowed to invade Britain after overtaking most of Europe?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:05 am

Well, he was deffo in favour of the Russians reclaiming the Ukraine. That was all the EU's fault.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:35 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

We're making great progress here - news alert - they are already allowed to go and live in the chosen land...assuming the chosen land will have them - like any other British citizen.
Really then why are the authorities stopping people travelling to Syria an Iraq then?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:40 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Really? So an aggressive force wants to overtake and expand an area of land to establish a state of their own and you advocate it?

You must also agree with the Israeli expansion into Palestine then. Or the Russians (re)claiming the Ukraine.

Perhaps Hitler SHOULD have been allowed to invade Britain after overtaking most of Europe?
I advocate not interfering, it is a problem of those that allow these people to fester in their countries.

Not seen any Russian tanks rolling through Kiev have you got a link?

We didn't want Hitler we fought tooth and nail against him we didn't pack our bags and try to feck off to other countries, especially fit men of fighting age.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:50 am

Hoboh wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I advocate not interfering, it is a problem of those that allow these people to fester in their countries.
They are an invading force, not exclusively the indigenous population

Not seen any Russian tanks rolling through Kiev have you got a link?
I said Ukraine:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ister.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We didn't want Hitler we fought tooth and nail against him we didn't pack our bags and try to feck off to other countries, especially fit men of fighting age.
Which goes against your policy of not interfering You don't half talk bollocks

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:00 pm

You can be A total Pratt at times, since when has defending yourself be interfering in the affairs of others? :conf:
So Kiev is not the fecking capital of the so called Russian overrun Ukraine then?
And surely you are not trying to say that Boko Harem are not mainly disaffected Nigerian Muslims, they've arrived from somewhere else, Mars perhaps?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Really then why are the authorities stopping people travelling to Syria an Iraq then?
I wasn't aware they were - what suggests this is the case?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:23 pm

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... dists.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/global-d ... syria-iraq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/mi ... ravel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:48 pm

They're not stopping them moving there are they? It's the coming back bit they're bothered about.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Hoboh wrote:You can be A total Pratt at times, since when has defending yourself be interfering in the affairs of others? :conf:
My point is you're advocating genocide, so long as it's not in our country. Nice

So Kiev is not the fecking capital of the so called Russian overrun Ukraine then? I never said it wasn't. I mentioned Russians reclaiming Ukraine, of which Kiev is a constituent part, but not the whole.

And surely you are not trying to say that Boko Harem are not mainly disaffected Nigerian Muslims, they've arrived from somewhere else, Mars perhaps?
Again, I never said they weren't. There is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest Boko Haram is made up of more than the indigenous population. As I said.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:They're not stopping them moving there are they? It's the coming back bit they're bothered about.
Germany on Friday announced new measures to prevent its citizens from travelling to join the jihadist cause in Iraq and Syria, including confiscating their identity papers.

Under a deal struck by interior ministers from the federal level and Germany’s 16 states, authorities will be able to take away ID cards from alleged Islamic militants to stop them from leaving the country.
A French law to seize passports is being fast-tracked through parliament, and the government is ramping up arrests of increasingly young teenagers making plans for jihad.

That can mean last-minute arrests at the airport, as happened to a 16-year-old girl and her alleged recruiter trying to pass through security in Nice on Saturday, and to a man at Australia's Melbourne Airport who was pulled off a flight last week carrying tens of thousands of dollars in cash and the Islamic State group's black-and-white flag in his luggage.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Apparently it's all kicked off in Paris again. Something to do with a Post Office and hostages. Can't find anything ont' web though.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Hoboh wrote:http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... dists.html#

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/global-d ... syria-iraq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/mi ... ravel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nope - I'm still not aware that this is the case for the UK. In September, our democratically elected government said they were going to introduce legislation to enable the UK to stop people suspected of travelling abroad for the purpose of joining terrorists etc. I don't believe it's been enacted yet - could be wrong though.

We've always had a multitude of powers available to stop people coming back to the UK - since the British Nationality Act in the 1980's..

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:You can be A total Pratt at times, since when has defending yourself be interfering in the affairs of others? :conf:
My point is you're advocating genocide, so long as it's not in our country. Nice
Well just what do you want us to do then, send family and friends off to die in someone else's war? bomb the crap out of them (without hitting civvies of course), spend money we haven't got?

So Kiev is not the fecking capital of the so called Russian overrun Ukraine then? I never said it wasn't. I mentioned Russians reclaiming Ukraine, of which Kiev is a constituent part, but not the whole.
There are not masses of Russian troops or armour in the Ukraine, it keeps being said but no evidence is ever produced despite all the claims

Again, I never said they weren't. There is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest Boko Haram is made up of more than the indigenous population. As I said.
So are a lot of other forces around the world, having Ghurkhas in the British army does not mean Nepal is invading somewhere nor the fact there are British nut jobs in Syria mean we have invaded Syria

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Hoboh wrote:So are a lot of other forces around the world, having Ghurkhas in the British army does not mean Nepal is invading somewhere nor the fact there are British nut jobs in Syria mean we have invaded Syria
Excellent - so you agree wholeheartedly that because some terrorist nutters are Islamic, it doesn't mean that all Islamists are?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... dists.html#

Nope - I'm still not aware that this is the case for the UK. In September, our democratically elected government said they were going to introduce legislation to enable the UK to stop people suspected of travelling abroad for the purpose of joining terrorists etc. I don't believe it's been enacted yet - could be wrong though.

We've always had a multitude of powers available to stop people coming back to the UK - since the British Nationality Act in the 1980's..
Where are you at???
The other week a plane was delayed on a UK runway while someone was removed to stop the travelling to Syria!
We, your beloved European nations, ARE stopping folk travelling out of the UK to these places. Not in mass terms but then again I haven't heard of ISIS or Boko Harem chartering flights yet.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:So are a lot of other forces around the world, having Ghurkhas in the British army does not mean Nepal is invading somewhere nor the fact there are British nut jobs in Syria mean we have invaded Syria
Excellent - so you agree wholeheartedly that because some terrorist nutters are Islamic, it doesn't mean that all Islamists are?
Quote me were I have ever said that

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Nigeria is a bit a mess and has been for decades - massively divided along many lines... such chaos and division provides very fertile ground for extreme violent terrorist groups such as Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati wal-Jihad (nicknamed Boko Haram)...

there is deeply-ingrained ethnic tension and very sharp regional imbalances in health-care/literacy/life-expectancy/wealth. These things on their own are not the obvious REASON for the violence, but many commentators (I think rightly) cite them as some of the necessary conditions for such violence to thrive for as long as it has and take root...

most of their fighters come from that blue bit - the Kanuri - from those three North Eastern states, Borno, Yobe and Adamawa...