iPhone Footy Game

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: iPhone Footy Game

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:
No expense spared with me.. I've got this thing too, which you can put bread in for a pre-determined amount of timed and it comes out as toast. It's called a toaster. Don't even use my grill anymore.
Snob! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
jaffka wrote:iphones for the elite and everything else are for povs
iphones are for those with more money to waste than sense, not given much choice though between Google and apple we are servants of the corporation!
How much are they?
Mine was free on a 12 month contract at about £30 a month, which is the same as it would've been with a Samsung, Googe, Microsoft, Blackberry or whatever #teammoney
Cheers, Boris. So, according to Hoboh, anyone that's been dragged kicking and screaming into the modern era has more money than sense then?! #countmein :)
My Galaxy S11 does the job a treat especially now on a sim only, unlimited calls, texts, data for £18 with a 1 month rolling contract :wink:
Why tie up for 3 years, pay more for a phone with the latest name on it?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:22 pm

They up to 11 already? :shock:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They up to 11 already? :shock:
2 :oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 pm

I probably only use about 5% of what my phone actually does. Phone, text, email, music. That's about it. I rarely use the browser.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:They up to 11 already? :shock:
2 :oops:
:lol: I thought you were gong to say 1.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I probably only use about 5% of what my phone actually does. Phone, text, email, music. That's about it. I rarely use the browser.
I read the papers online on mine when out and about during a quiet spell, good when you are waiting somewhere.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I probably only use about 5% of what my phone actually does. Phone, text, email, music. That's about it. I rarely use the browser.
Lobstertube . com

Thank me later
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Hoboh wrote:
I read the papers online on mine when out and about during a quiet spell, good when you are waiting somewhere.
"out and about during a quiet spell" = having a shit
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:24 pm

i basically use...

email
text
fb chat windows
bbc bolton football goal/teamsheets alerts
weather/tides app
grid reference app - while out on the moors
runkeeper
newspaper app (for when i am on the bog)
camera
notes app (usually audio)
bbc radio player app - (for when I am on the bog and there is free wifi!)
my synced task lists and google calendar/diary

that's basically it. the moto-g does all of that effortlessly - and £30 a month gets all that and a phone each for me, the missus and miss Bish... I use NOWHERE NEAR my texts/free calls/data allowances...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:32 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
"out and about during a quiet spell" = having a shit
Shame you carn't wipe your ass with them afterwards!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:34 pm

^ to be fair, if you had an iphone - you could download an app for that...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:36 pm

I paid £250 for my Nexus 4 and now have a sim only contract that does everything I need for £9pm. Nexus does everything I've ever seen an iPhone do that I'd need and so works out at a touch over £19pm over the usual two years. At the time I bought the cheapest comparable contract with phone included was about £28pm.

Pretty sure it was the same for the other phones I looked at getting - far cheaper to buy the phone and go Sim only. Came with a two-year warranty too so not even any worries for if it breaks. I'll probably keep it longer than the two years too as it won't be a case of "I'm already paying £30pm I might as well upgrade".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Prufrock wrote:I paid £250 for my Nexus 4 and now have a sim only contract that does everything I need for £9pm. Nexus does everything I've ever seen an iPhone do that I'd need and so works out at a touch over £19pm over the usual two years. At the time I bought the cheapest comparable contract with phone included was about £28pm.

Pretty sure it was the same for the other phones I looked at getting - far cheaper to buy the phone and go Sim only. Came with a two-year warranty too so not even any worries for if it breaks. I'll probably keep it longer than the two years too as it won't be a case of "I'm already paying £30pm I might as well upgrade".
Poor old salesmen you've just seen through them!
The best way to look is when you have a phone/car/whatever, unless a completely new model comes out, is skip the next two upgrades.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Lobstertube . com

Thank me later
Cheers, Boz. I'm more a Video-One.com man missen, but it's a company phone so I have to be careful ;)

Oh, Nike+. I forgot to add that to the list.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:53 am

Prufrock wrote:I paid £250 for my Nexus 4 and now have a sim only contract that does everything I need for £9pm. Nexus does everything I've ever seen an iPhone do that I'd need and so works out at a touch over £19pm over the usual two years. At the time I bought the cheapest comparable contract with phone included was about £28pm.

Pretty much why I switched to sim free phones about 4 years ago. Last year I paid a bit extra to get the dual sim version of the HTC One M8, so I don't have to mess about when I'm back in the UK with sim cards and 2 phones. The only issue I have is the rip off rates for mobiles here. You can get phone and contract from the telecom company, but it works out more expensive, even if you're paying them up front for the phone :crazy: I end up paying a bit more than twice as much as I would in the UK. I think my house is lead lined or summat as no reception inside, perfect outside :evil:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 am

thebish wrote:i basically use...

email
text
fb chat windows
bbc bolton football goal/teamsheets alerts
weather/tides app
grid reference app - while out on the moors
runkeeper
newspaper app (for when i am on the bog)
camera
notes app (usually audio)
bbc radio player app - (for when I am on the bog and there is free wifi!)
my synced task lists and google calendar/diary

that's basically it. the moto-g does all of that effortlessly - and £30 a month gets all that and a phone each for me, the missus and miss Bish... I use NOWHERE NEAR my texts/free calls/data allowances...
Skymap (which is free) - shows the constellations as they actually are orientated in the sky live as it were.
Calculator
Route planner
oulook calendar
Office (spreadsheets, word, and notes)
stopwatch
alarm clock
(the uses are endless) (although most of the ends are useless)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください