Politics, The Election May 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
30%
Conservatives
30%
Liberal Democrats
5%
UKIP
15%
Green Party
13%
SNP
3%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 40

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Politics, The Election May 2015

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 10, 2015 10:39 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:That's as maybe, but what exactly are these people hoping to achieve by marching on Downing Street? The people have voted - that's the end of it.
As far back as I can recall, there's been demos against "democratically elected" governments. There were a whole host of them against Blair (the Westminster protest camp was there for over 10 years), plenty against Thatcher. It's a democratic right, as is voting. Clearly it'll achieve diddly squat, but whatever gets you through the day and all that...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun May 10, 2015 12:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:That's as maybe, but what exactly are these people hoping to achieve by marching on Downing Street? The people have voted - that's the end of it.
As far back as I can recall, there's been demos against "democratically elected" governments. There were a whole host of them against Blair (the Westminster protest camp was there for over 10 years), plenty against Thatcher. It's a democratic right, as is voting. Clearly it'll achieve diddly squat, but whatever gets you through the day and all that...
I know - and I'm getting no help from the NHS.

My doctor has refused to prescribe me anti-depressants on the spurious grounds that a Tory government isn't actually a disease.

:(

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 pm

thebish wrote:to be fair - the percentage of the electorate who didn't vote for cameron would actually be somewhere in the very high 99% plus range... the same for Blair...

not even Bobo (who won't see this cos he doesn't come on this thread) voted for Cameron...
Plaid?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun May 10, 2015 2:27 pm

There's now a petition doing the rounds suggesting that the Tories won due to electoral fraud. It now has a MASSIVE 700 signatures. Just a few short then.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:34 pm

William the White wrote:My doctor has refused to prescribe me anti-depressants on the spurious grounds that a Tory government isn't actually a disease.

:(
here you go-

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/p ... g-60005317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or maybe it's the "opposite" to these that does it. i forget.
Last edited by a1 on Sun May 10, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I see that a bunch of wankers that seem unable to comprehend/accept the democratic process decided to march on Downing Street, like DC's going to step out of No. 10 and say "Oh, OK, we'll feck off then" :roll:

But more than that, one of them found it acceptable to carry this out. There are no words!

someone said "it'll scrub off"

aye, so will an " antifa's " blood.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:There's now a petition doing the rounds suggesting that the Tories won due to electoral fraud. It now has a MASSIVE 700 signatures. Just a few short then.

But its actually 700,000.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 10, 2015 4:08 pm

William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:to be fair - the percentage of the electorate who didn't vote for cameron would actually be somewhere in the very high 99% plus range... the same for Blair...

not even Bobo (who won't see this cos he doesn't come on this thread) voted for Cameron...
Plaid?
You'll find that it's the Politics Thread bobo rarely goes on ... or comments in. This is, albeit related, not that thread.

... & bobo did vote from the local conservative candidate. Had I been in Oxfordshire then maybe I would have voted for Cameron, but I'm not, so I couldn't.

I'm neither shy nor in any way negative about that choice. Nor do I feel I should be nor do I feel any need to justify myself. .....and there is the point. Be as left as you wish and that's fine. Be in anyway right and you're expected to be shy or embarrassed. Well I'm not. I AM however mightily relieved.

Oh, & loving all those people who, up to 10.01pm on Thursday were all behind little Ed and now can't stop telling us how unsuited he and his policies clearly were.

As you were. Stand easy.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 10, 2015 4:14 pm

nobody is asking you to justify yourself - I was merely making the point that not many people had the actual opportunity actually to vote for Cameron - not even you, one of his staunchest supporters - that is all!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Sounds more like a "besieged" UKIP voter to me.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Sounds more like a "besieged" UKIP voter to me.
I don't feel "besieged" in the slightest, the number of votes UKIP polled laid to rest the wet dreams of those who said it was a badly supported little fringe party.
If the party had been a little more professional in its approach to candidates and silenced some of the more lunatic fringe, they would have done better still, I think like Labours campaign the focus was too narrow, there was a lot more to push than just immigration and the EU.
Anyway some people may end up a little sorry that votes did not equate to seats;
Brussels is proposing to invoke “emergency mechanisms” by the end of the month obliging the 28 countries to share the numbers of “persons in clear need of international protection and “to ensure a fair and balanced participation of all member states to this common effort. This step will be the precursor of a lasting solution.”
The new blueprint, to be unveiled by commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos on Wednesday, includes a distribution “key” system based on various criteria from national wealth levels to unemployment rates to determine what proportion of refugees the 28 countries should each admit.
On the 'thug' subject, just when are the police going to use tazers on scrotes dressed like they are a part of the SAS? or better still live ammo!

Funny how all these people and for once I agree with Abbott, are lining up to rubbish what they were clearly a part of, hardly puts trust at the top of anyone's thoughts!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 10, 2015 6:19 pm

hobes - can I call Farage "yesterday's man" yet? He did (after all) LOSE the seat he stood in...

what do you make of his former promise to stand down if he didn't win that seat - which now turns out to be simply taking a holiday until september (which presumbaly also means not doing the job that he is paid for - namely being an MEP?)

my prediction of 3 UKIP seats was overoptimistic (on their behalf) - your prediction of TEN - wildly so! ;-)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun May 10, 2015 6:29 pm

thebish wrote:hobes - can I call Farage "yesterday's man" yet? He did (after all) LOSE the seat he stood in...

what do you make of his former promise to stand down if he didn't win that seat - which now turns out to be simply taking a holiday until september (which presumbaly also means not doing the job that he is paid for - namely being an MEP?)

my prediction of 3 UKIP seats was overoptimistic (on their behalf) - your prediction of TEN - wildly so! ;-)
I think you'll find tomorrow belongs to him... Or the day after...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 10, 2015 6:46 pm

thebish wrote:hobes - can I call Farage "yesterday's man" yet? He did (after all) LOSE the seat he stood in...

Farage is clearly your bogeyman.

Does he make you piss the bed and shout mummy at night?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 10, 2015 6:51 pm

I don't think anyone did well in the prediction stakes TBF.
I actually think it was a rash decision for him to step down in my opinion but as I said in my last post UKIP do need to become more professional, kick out all the looney fringe, vet future candidates more closely and push other policies with as much vigour as the EU and immigration.
In a funny sort of way Farage has actually won something, the referendum would have been a non-starter but for UKIP, nor would the debates on immigration.
I have to say I am disappointed but not disheartened, things will continue to swell the disaffected anti European ranks unless there is a decisive result either way in the referendum and my faith is in Eurocrats delivering gift after gift :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 10, 2015 7:03 pm

so - slippery waffle aside... can I call him yesterday's man? and - what do you make of his promise to step down - only for us to find out that he didn't really mean it - and that he meant taking a holiday? isn't that simply a lie? wouldn't you be calling that a disgraceful lie had it been someone from another party?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 10, 2015 7:04 pm

also - farage IS a eurocrat!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 10, 2015 7:38 pm

thebish wrote:so - slippery waffle aside... can I call him yesterday's man? and - what do you make of his promise to step down - only for us to find out that he didn't really mean it - and that he meant taking a holiday? isn't that simply a lie? wouldn't you be calling that a disgraceful lie had it been someone from another party?
You can call him whatever you like bish.
I said what I thought f his decision to step down.
He has stepped down, I don't recall him saying he would never ever again wish to be considered.
How can it be a lie? he has stepped down.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 10, 2015 7:44 pm

May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:so - slippery waffle aside... can I call him yesterday's man? and - what do you make of his promise to step down - only for us to find out that he didn't really mean it - and that he meant taking a holiday? isn't that simply a lie? wouldn't you be calling that a disgraceful lie had it been someone from another party?
You can call him whatever you like bish.
I said what I thought f his decision to step down.
He has stepped down, I don't recall him saying he would never ever again wish to be considered.
How can it be a lie? he has stepped down.
Farage has stepped down but has said he might run for the top position in September after a few months off. As William mentioned above, he might be yesterdays man at the moment but he could soon become tomorrows man.

I don't think we have seen the back of him yet.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.