Politics, The Election May 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
30%
Conservatives
30%
Liberal Democrats
5%
UKIP
15%
Green Party
13%
SNP
3%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 40

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Politics, The Election May 2015

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I just can't seem to see the 2 Ed's as anything like credible leaders and The LibDems are looking at being almost completely wiped out. In addition, I'm convinced both of them will make me even poorer and the health sector even worse.
I'm similar in that I'm not going to vote for the Tories and Labour aren't really looking good, neither are the LibDems, I'm definitely not going to vote UKIP so my options are very limited. Greens have some success in this area so it's not a completely wasted vote.
Congratulations, your sandals and woven hemp undercrackers are in the post.
As long as I can wear them with socks :D
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I just can't seem to see the 2 Ed's as anything like credible leaders and The LibDems are looking at being almost completely wiped out. In addition, I'm convinced both of them will make me even poorer and the health sector even worse.
I'm similar in that I'm not going to vote for the Tories and Labour aren't really looking good, neither are the LibDems, I'm definitely not going to vote UKIP so my options are very limited. Greens have some success in this area so it's not a completely wasted vote.
Congratulations, your sandals and woven hemp undercrackers are in the post.
Do Royal Mail deliver to yurts? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm voting SNP or PC. I don't know how, yet, but I am.

4 pillock men shouting over one another. Can we jut stick the women in charge?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'm voting SNP or PC. I don't know how, yet, but I am.

Err no....we tried that once.

In fairness, I thought Sturgeon came across best, too, even though she generally talked bollocks on the referendum. The PC one, less convinced about, Greens, nowhere.

Thought all the other 4 were fairly unauspicious.

Still not sure I'll get out of my armchair.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:03 am

Worthy came out of it with a 6 Series convertible, stuff like that, and a mock- Tudor place. The comrade ;)
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:09 am

It's all a bit like The Weirdstone of Brisingamen. Wish King Arthur would hurry up and wake up. He should know by now we're in trouble.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Worthy came out of it with a 6 Series convertible, stuff like that, and a mock- Tudor place. The comrade ;)
... should I think "Billy Bragg ??"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:37 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

... should I think "Billy Bragg ??"
I think I need to go on the record here, to address this very tired old war-horse that you roll out because you have nowt better to say. :-)

Neither of those purchases came under a Conservative administration. I was in the Civil Service for most of the Tory reign, so actually got fck all off them other than pay cuts.

Comrade Worthy now pays significantly more into our social system, than he did under the jack-booted cow.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:14 am

Can't praise a self-made man enough. Well done indeed.

We should all bless Auntie Margaret for making it possible.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:29 am

bobo the clown wrote:Can't praise a self-made man enough. Well done indeed.

We should all bless Auntie Margaret for making it possible.
There were plenty of self-made men before that old hag.

I think I was in spite of, rather than because of.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:24 am

You thought that old hag from the land of the Jocks trying to con English voters that she cared about them after nailing her Tartan to the mast did well?
Jesus fcuking wept!!! :hang: On those grounds no one should be allowed to vote before 35.
Wee Jimmy Krankie had no intention of mentioning Farage or UKIP until early doors he smacked her with the Barnett formula which rattled her, this was, after all, the moment she was going to push Ed into a corner and mutilate Cameron not keep referring to 'Nigel Farage and UKIP'.
Apart from using the HIV thing out of context Farage clearly rattled a few of them, Cameron on Europe, Clegg on the same issue forcing the 'millions of jobs error again, Sturgeon as mentioned and finally via a feisty Welsh girl got at least one of them to admit renegotiation on free movement was a big lie and a non-starter as things stand.
Cameron sounded like he'd been pre-programed in central office earlier in the day with his sound bites.
Ed completely forgot brand Labour in his haste to promote himself.
Wee Jimmy don't give a flying fcuk about the English, just wants even more money from down here until she gets her breakaway.
Nick Clegg is and looks/sounds like a dead man walking
The greens must be wondering hell the hell they managed to elect that liability as their leader, teach them to drink organic beer too much.
Took a bit of a shine to the Welsh girl she was honest and got stuck into Ed for the sins of the Labour party taking the Welsh for granted but she did look a touch overawed at times.
I can now see why Cameron chickened out of a four way debate, Farage would really have chewed him up, played it a bit clever last night by not attacking Labour much did Farage but stirred up the Tory Eurosceptics.
Strange isn't it how only Farage is mentioning the appalling situation we could be faced with if the Eurozone gets into difficulties with all who would be entitled to head for our shores.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:05 am

Hobes in hyperbole Alert!

No one said her policies were any good, but she did come across better than any of the others IMO (Not that I'd vote for her).

In other News Alert!

Farage came across no better than any of the others, apart from the Greens. Don't believe he "rattled" anyone.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:10 am

Worthy4England wrote:Hobes in hyperbole Alert!

No one said her policies were any good, but she did come across better than any of the others IMO (Not that I'd vote for her).

In other News Alert!

Farage came across no better than any of the others, apart from the Greens. Don't believe he "rattled" anyone.
I've now watched it twice, I'd suggest you visit spec-savers or take off your anti Farage blinkers, Clegg? Programmed Dave, Ed the If I (and to be fair I don't really think he did that badly), William Wallace's last living relation and an Aussie who doesn't give a xxxx about how to pay for anything, oh please!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:31 am

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... ers-Letter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:32 am

The greatest threat to the UK since Nelson repelled the French?

The possible collapse of the Euro Zone and no one's mentioned it until last night!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:43 am

Farage came across as expected. Rightly treated as irrelevant by all of the others (even for the most part by Cameron), he banged his drum. No doubt his supporters all thought he did marvellously, and everyone else thought he was a cock. You don't win seats by jumping on AIDS victims though. We're at peak-UKIP, you heard it here first.

Also, I can't stop watching this:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:49 pm

I thought Farage was sounding a bit old-news and heard-it-all-before, run-out-of-steam... I suspect he peaked too soon and is soon to be yesterday's man... you can only get so far on blokeish bluster...

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 pm

thebish wrote:I thought Farage was sounding a bit old-news and heard-it-all-before, run-out-of-steam... I suspect he peaked too soon and is soon to be yesterday's man... you can only get so far on blokeish bluster...
Won't be long before he's punching someone for failing to provide a hot pie with his pint.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 pm

thebish wrote:I thought Farage was sounding a bit old-news and heard-it-all-before, run-out-of-steam... I suspect he peaked too soon and is soon to be yesterday's man... you can only get so far on blokeish bluster...
Oh hang on a minute, so you've never heard the crap spouted by the others before? You have lead a sheltered life then!
According to Pru, first off UKIP would never get started, next they'd no chance in the Euro elections, now they have peaked, clearly for ex student city dwellers they are clueless as to how other parts of the country are thinking and moving.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Oh hang on a minute, so you've never heard the crap spouted by the others before? You have lead a sheltered life then!
:conf: they too sound like yesterday's men - as I have said before... Difference is, they and their parties have significantly more backing to be lost before they disappear without trace...

you are the king of non-sequiteur!