Politics, The Election May 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
30%
Conservatives
30%
Liberal Democrats
5%
UKIP
15%
Green Party
13%
SNP
3%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 40

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Politics, The Election May 2015

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:54 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:So our friends in the EU (Spanish) are busy using cheap migrant workers living in appalling conditions to undercut our farmers, great this in it all together club EU isn't it?
No wonder their youth Unemployed are shipping over here is it!
Freedom of movement is a tool of greedy employers and a convenient way for governments to rid their self of a problem!!

You've never been to Wisbech have you?

The amount of immigrants (many illegal) that are used there and the surrounding area to harvest vegetables is disgraceful. They sleep in barns, derelict houses and sheds with no running water, heating, lighting etc. and then hand pick the cabbages, sprouts etc. for long hours.

Must be an EU directive.......
no, no, no, no, no, Enfield - you must have that wrong! All of our British farm produce is handpicked by the plump farmer's wife and carried home in a wicker basket...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:So our friends in the EU (Spanish) are busy using cheap migrant workers living in appalling conditions to undercut our farmers, great this in it all together club EU isn't it?
No wonder their youth Unemployed are shipping over here is it!
Freedom of movement is a tool of greedy employers and a convenient way for governments to rid their self of a problem!!

You've never been to Wisbech have you?

The amount of immigrants (many illegal) that are used there and the surrounding area to harvest vegetables is disgraceful. They sleep in barns, derelict houses and sheds with no running water, heating, lighting etc. and then hand pick the cabbages, sprouts etc. for long hours.

Must be an EU directive.......
no, no, no, no, no, Enfield - you must have that wrong! All of our British farm produce is handpicked by the plump farmer's wife and carried home in a wicker basket...
Fattist! As soon as you lose a few pounds.............ok, stones..... :grin:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Leanne Wood. Bob would.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Zinger, Leanne!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:54 pm

How come they can only ever find a div to ask the immigration question?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:20 pm

How popular must David Cameron feel watching that?!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:51 pm

I said it last time - no reason to change my mind - Farage is rapidly becoming yesterday's man - Sturgeon is where it's at!

Ed and Nicola - the dream team - bring it on!! :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:07 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
thebish wrote:I said it last time - no reason to change my mind - Farage is rapidly becoming yesterday's man - Sturgeon is where it's at!

I hated SNP under Salmond as I think the UK is better together, but she speaks a LOT of sense. I cannot believe that Ed so publicly and forcefully shot down working with her, I think that might well cost him a lot of support. It's a shame she's SNP though, I think she'd do well at a new UK-wide party as a foil to the "main three". And Farage would probably hold more sway if he didn't link absolutely everything to immigration; he does speak some sense and ask hard questions on some issues but his overall policy of "every problem is solved by leaving the EU" is absolutely absurd.
of course they'll work together if necessary - but Ed is walking a tightrope - he can't get all lovey-dovey with the SNP when his party is fighting thye SNP tooth and nail in scotland... and losing badly! It is (I think) possibly a step too far to appear to rule it out quite so emphatically... maybe he's hoping for the libdems? (which would be a risky hope!)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:02 am

Just how STUPID do Cameron and Hague think we are - claiming that Cameron was "not invited" to appear on the debate tonight??? It beggars belief!!!

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:42 am

thebish wrote:I said it last time - no reason to change my mind - Farage is rapidly becoming yesterday's man - Sturgeon is where it's at!

you needs your bumps feeling if you think your 'dream team' will lead us into an economic dreamland :laugh:
The Voice Of Reason

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 am

Oh how I loved it when she nearly lost it when Ed rebuffed her, almost shaking with anger! Don't believe it? watch it back.
Keep churning out the yesterday man bish and we might see another £1.3 million heading into UKIP's fighting fund :mrgreen: Clearly not everyone has that view.
Ed really surprised me, the boy's got some guts about him, Sturgeon, Scottish fantasist and liar pissed off because she is in the big league now where the SNP bully no one.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:01 am

Salford Trotter wrote:

you needs your bumps feeling if you think your 'dream team' will lead us into an economic dreamland :laugh:
i'd rather that than Dave, Nige & Georgey leading us into economic nightmare land alongside the DUP...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:09 am

Hoboh wrote:

Oh how I loved it when she nearly lost it when Ed rebuffed her, almost shaking with anger! Don't believe it? watch it back.
Keep churning out the yesterday man bish and we might see another £1.3 million heading into UKIP's fighting fund :mrgreen:

are you feeling generous??

for the last month, Nige's leader-popularity poll ratings have been sinking - he's now down at the same level as Cleggy....

how many actual seats do you think UKIP will win? give us a number. I reckon it will be THREE.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:55 am

The SNP are a bunch of two faced rats
They are hell bent on destroying a union hundreds of years old because they are the 'poor' relations yet want to remain in another union in which they will end up even poorer relations with virtually no influence what so ever.
The SNP wish to rid Scotland of any nuclear weapons but are more than happy to remain under the umbrella of nuclear nations inside NATO.
The SNP want to control any future borders they may be responsible for in a very similar way to UKIP and control immigrants whilst throwing politic bricks at UKIP.
The SNP have never revealed the location of the hidden money tree that is going to fund all their spending.
The current and former leaders of the SNP fancy their selves as big important people who pretend to speak on behalf of the English whom they despise.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:58 am

you needs your bumps feeling if you think your 'dream team' will lead us into an economic dreamland

I don't want an economic dreamland. All I want is a fairer society where a government does not slash budgets and jobs in public services, social and health care. Cut benefits for the poor, and the disabled. Who many lost their jobs when that scouse cow Esther McVey dismantled Remploy. But hey; she offered them 'further training'. Which if not taken up meant a loss in benefit. This was done in order to fill a massive economic black hole created by crooked, cheating, lying, greedy bankers. Yet the monies collected by the treasury through these cuts not only fail miserably to pay for the banks financial greed and corruption, but it doesn't even come close to paying for the estimated £36 billion pounds which the inquiry into the banks misdemeanours has cost to date.
It does however just about cover the £129 million pound bill for the (yet another), failed IT system introduced by Ian Duncan Smith to support his (failing spectacularly), PiP and universal credit folly.
Don't get me started on the fcking bedroom tax.
As Tony Benn once said; If we can afford to kill people, we can afford to help people.
It's what we should be doing a fair and democratic society.
As an aside; anybody else noticed how all these historical sex abuse files pertaining to government figures of the 70's and 80's have quietly gone astray? Funny that, with an election looming an all.....................

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 am

I'm pretty sure Nigel Farage is a comedy performance piece by a drama student.

An ex-city boy proclaiming how everything is f*cked because of immigrants?! Brilliant.

Also, what Pirate said.

Take away your healthcare, take away your job, take away your safety net AND, to cap it, take away access to the justice system so you can't even get the f*ckers for taking away any of the other stuff.

I don't actually much mind Cameron and Osbourne, it's the Mays and IDSs that I can't wait to have shot of.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:13 am

Prufrock wrote:I'm pretty sure Nigel Farage is a comedy performance piece by a drama student.

An ex-city boy proclaiming how everything is f*cked because of immigrants?! Brilliant.

Also, what Pirate said.

Take away your healthcare, take away your job, take away your safety net AND, to cap it, take away access to the justice system so you can't even get the f*ckers for taking away any of the other stuff.

I don't actually much mind Cameron and Osbourne, it's the Mays and IDSs that I can't wait to have shot of.
Cameron isn't a idealogue, he's not really into politics as such - he's a bit like blair - a marketing front...

Osbourne and Gove and co. - entirely different matter...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:16 am

Prufrock wrote:I'm pretty sure Nigel Farage is a comedy performance piece by a drama student.

Also, what Pirate said.

I'd wager Farage knows more about life than any ex uni, sheltered law practising geek famous for pink dressing gowns in Paris who thinks the answer to everything is love all and pay for it on the never, never.

Fixed for you!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:19 am

how many seats do you think UKIP will win, hobes? how many (in your eyes) constitutes Farage NOT being yestedays chip-paper?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:42 am

thebish wrote:

Also, what Pirate said.

Cameron isn't a idealogue, he's not really into politics as such - he's a bit like blair - a marketing front...

Osbourne and Gove and co. - entirely different matter...
It's not as simple for me as whether or not they're an "idealogue". Osbourne and Gove are idealogues in that they want to introduce markets into fecking everything, but, whilst I disagree with them, I don't hate them for it, I just think they're wrong.

As it happens, I can't stand Gove, but that's because he's an oily smarmy f*cker who thinks he's a lot cleverer than he is.

Osbourne and Cameron brought the Tory party a long way back from the right and from the nasty side it has. I genuinely admire them both for pushing through gay marriage against their party. Whilst I disagree with so much of their social policy, and hope so much that they're gone after this election, I have nothing against them personally.

They're in stark contrast to the nastiness of the likes of May and IDS, who I both detest and disagree with.