2015 Six Nations

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: 2015 Six Nations

Post by jaffka » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:Agreed on Armitage. That's not Lancaster though is it?

Fine margins as fook like saying these days. Other side if those margins and he'd have won the last two. Everyone would have taken a short at five minutes to score a try to win the champo before the Wales game. Most would have tasked 3rd! No doubt Ireland the best side IMO.
I'm aware of the overall position of the RFU trying to prevent a mass exodus of our internationals to France for the money, if they can join the training squad like Toulon have said he can I don't understand the issue nor do I understand why he is overlooked. The European show piece final showed Steffon at number 8 outplay our then first choice 8 Vunipola.

We beat Wales unexpectedly I agree but we failed to build on it again, very much like when we won in Dublin and then capitulated in Cardiff.

The fine margins are what win and his side has consistently failed to deliver in one big game a championship. We had Wales, France and then Ireland. His win percentage is also marginally better than Johnson who he replaced. Not that I want us to go back.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:32 am

Clive Woodward now stating that England need to review this policy of ignoring overseas based players. Special mention to Steffon Armitage and Nick Abendanon. Abendanon would hopefully mean that would be the last of Goode.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:38 am

jaffka wrote:Clive Woodward now stating that England need to review this policy of ignoring overseas based players. Special mention to Steffon Armitage and Nick Abendanon. Abendanon would hopefully mean that would be the last of Goode.
Can't see him winning that debate at the moment...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
jaffka wrote:Clive Woodward now stating that England need to review this policy of ignoring overseas based players. Special mention to Steffon Armitage and Nick Abendanon. Abendanon would hopefully mean that would be the last of Goode.
I heard an old welsh ex-international the other day saying that England had it exactly right (which, I guess takes some stomach!) - and that the club-level of welsh rugby was being drained of its talent by the french league - leading a dropping off of crowds who want to see their international stars at their clubs... he was calling for wales to do exactly what england do...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I heard an old welsh ex-international the other day saying that England had it exactly right (which, I guess takes some stomach!) - and that the club-level of welsh rugby was being drained of its talent by the french league - leading a dropping off of crowds who want to see their international stars at their clubs... he was calling for wales to do exactly what england do...
Pretty much Brian Moore's view of the world, word for word.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm

It's possible that the 'exceptional circumstances' clause might be invoked to allow the selection of players based overseas into the World Cup training squad.

Players cannot be blamed for going where the money is. Their careers aren't that long and there is always the danger of injury curtailing it, especially in such a physical and competitive sport. The unions need to modernise and recognise the latest evolution of professionalism.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 31, 2015 6:26 pm

The fifty man training squad was announced last week and no surprises that Lancaster bottled it by omitting Armitage and Abendanon. Armitage has since taken to posting pics of himself driving his rolls Royce, playing in France is clearly worth it, not just for cleaning up on the European championship.

Hartley managed to get himself excluded after being caught headbutting his opposite number Jamie George, who has made it into the training squad.

Ben Morgan is recovering from a broken leg and it will be touch and go if he will be ready.

So barring shock injuries or players just losing it, we will be going into the world cup trying making a blindside play at openside and the blindside struggling for form, Jacques Burger the Saracens number 7 in the premiership semi final win over Northamption showed the real value of a quality 7 and in my opinion where England are lacking.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:38 pm

Thread title needs changing!

Anyway, England U20's convincingly beat the 'bok in the semi final and will play NZ in the final who easily beat France.

The final score line doesn't show England's overall dominance and bullying the 'bok up front, they got 2 late tries when it was already over.