ICC CWC #11

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Winner?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:31 am

England
17%
South Africa
No votes
India
17%
Australia
8%
Sri Lanka
No votes
Pakistan
8%
West Indies
No votes
Bangladesh
No votes
New Zealand
No votes
Zimbabwe
No votes
Ireland
8%
Afghanistan
25%
Scotland
8%
United Arab Emirates
8%

Total votes: 12

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: ICC CWC #11

Post by Dujon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:33 am

No, thebish, I don't, so don't be so pessimistic. You're turning into the quintessential 'grumpy old man'. :wink:

For starters England has won the last two (or three?) home Ashes series. Certainly England was walloped last time it was down here but there were mitigating circumstances (Joe Root and KP). I have no idea as to how many of that squad had played here before, but the conditions here - weather and pitches - are quite different from back home and, if I recall correctly, there was but a few lead up games. The Australian team will be in the same boat when they arrive in the Sceptred Isle. If the Australians all strike form at the same time then they could be formidable opponents. That's unlikely though. A fragile top of the order together with bowlers, as I've mentioned before, who seem to be incredibly susceptible injury will see to that.

All this 'wham bam thankyou ma'am' malarky is no guide. 10 overs maximum in a game? No comparison. Chin up, my downhearted friend; stiff upper lip and all that. It'll all turn out right in the end. :smile:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: ICC CWC #11

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:55 pm

:pissed: ok - chin up!!

errr.. no - we'll get utterly tanked! :cry: