Rugby World Cup 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:07 pm

and we were singing Hymns and Arias...

:twisted:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:35 pm

The referee was definitely Welsh. We threw that one away by carelessness.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Chariot has swung a bit low there.

In fact it's hit the ground. :twisted:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Brain dead bottle less idiots. Since when was getting beat better than a draw? Take the penalty and there would still have been time for something more.

Once again we come short in a big game which has been a constant in Lancaster's tenure. Second half we took our foot off the gas thinking we had done it.

All to do against another team that would love to and have the ability to knock us out of our own World Cup.

Keep the knives locked away but they will be out if we fail against the wallabies.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:16 pm

ok - group maths..

what's our route out of this? simple - beat Oz and Uruguay...

sorted! (deal with Wales later on!)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:46 am

morning after...

all I can say is... urrrghhhhhh...

(or as my brother wrote shortly after braving it out at the Bont rugby club in Swansea... "ahh well, nice to see the little people win now and again... bless!")

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 am

The penalty angle was a very tight one. No guarantee of scoring it due to that. Main thing of worry is that one try/conversion apart, all the Welsh points came from penalties. Not the first time by a long chalk in our case.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Aye - I'd have probably gone for the line-out too we'd been pretty secure in the lineouts. Not sure I'd have lobbed to to 2 though.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The penalty angle was a very tight one. No guarantee of scoring it due to that. Main thing of worry is that one try/conversion apart, all the Welsh points came from penalties. Not the first time by a long chalk in our case.
No guarantee of anything in sport but I would suggest that a free kick at goal has more chance of success than attempting to score a try, especially from a line out that had just gone to shit with the changes made.

I remember when Robshaw was new to the captaincy he made the same call which didn't come off, according to Brian Moore this is the third time he has done it with no success.

We had just had near 30 mins of being battered, we were a point up on Australia in respect of the Fiji game. Some times you just have to take what's on offer.

Anyway the damage is done, they have to pick themselves up for the wallabies and at least they know exactly what they have to do. Determination and mindset shouldn't be an issue.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:51 pm

^. I bow to your knowlege as, though I've watched it for years, I'm still learning the technicalities of the game. Just surprises me how quickly public opinion turns on the defeated. Let's hope we can turn it round or it will ever be totally seen as Robshaw's fault we lost, even though we went for a world record of giving penalties away. One man scored 23 points against us mostly from penalty kicks. Let's hope the lads can get over it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:22 pm

whilst they will be (rightly) delighted that they won, I'd caution wales about being positive and pleased with their overall performance... they came up poor, I thought..

we outscrummed them completely and made a mess of their lineouts and cramped their backs...

yes - they won... we utterly failed to make any gain from our dominance and (as Tango says) crippled ourselves with far too many kickable penalties given away... (though I think it's a stretch to say the ref was biased!)

I still don't know how - given our dominance up front - we failed to capitalise...

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 pm

England were unlucky, Biggar kicked a bloody good game and the welsh try came from just about their only chance.

It's the Wallabies who should be scared I think. They'll need to have a stormer.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:56 am

Jakerbeef wrote:England were unlucky, Biggar kicked a bloody good game and the welsh try came from just about their only chance.

It's the Wallabies who should be scared I think. They'll need to have a stormer.
^ this is what I HOPE - it's not yet what I quite BELIEVE!! this is a big game - bringing our best game to the crunch matches has not been our recent speciality!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 am

Billy Vunipola is now out for the tournament, which for England might only be a couple more weeks. He has been replaced by Nick Easter.

The Wallabies have had bad news, lock forward Matt Skelton and number 8 Wycliff Palu are also out. Skelton is a big loss for them.

Its going to be difficult but we can win but to do so we will need to find a way to reduce the effectiveness of their two in form flankers Hooper and Pocock.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:28 am

jaffka wrote:Billy Vunipola is now out for the tournament, which for England might only be a couple more weeks. He has been replaced by Nick Easter.

The Wallabies have had bad news, lock forward Matt Skelton and number 8 Wycliff Palu are also out. Skelton is a big loss for them.

Its going to be difficult but we can win but to do so we will need to find a way to reduce the effectiveness of their two in form flankers Hooper and Pocock.

Easter won't let us down... we DO have the firepower to beat Oz - we know this - it's a question of whether we can bring it on the big occasion...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:49 pm

new welsh kit for fiji game...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Fiji are giving Wales a game. Missed two getable kicks or they could be ahead, 17-13....now

Edit. Another penalty, 20-13.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Fiji are giving Wales a game. Missed two getable kicks or they could be ahead, 17-13....now

Well, Wales got the win but far from convincing and importantly for us no bonus point. Anymore broken Welshmen? :lol:

There are loads of different results on how England can and cant qualify, for me we just need to beat the wallabies on Saturday. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:03 pm

jaffka wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Fiji are giving Wales a game. Missed two getable kicks or they could be ahead, 17-13....now

Well, Wales got the win but far from convincing and importantly for us no bonus point. Anymore broken Welshmen? :lol:
There are loads of different results on how England can and cant qualify, for me we just need to beat the wallabies on Saturday. :oyea:
I thought Fiji were highly entertaining and didn't really deserve to lose. Very battering ram approach, but it worked well.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
jaffka wrote:

I thought Fiji were highly entertaining and didn't really deserve to lose. Very battering ram approach, but it worked well.
They do but did you see the side step in the first half last few minutes? Described as doing a side step in a telephone box.

Good to see you getting enjoyment out of this, it's been a very good World Cup so far. Just need England to do it right to make it great.