Rugby World Cup 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:29 am

bobo the clown wrote:Is that it then ? Is it over ? Might football start getting on the back pages again ?

are you missing the meeja wanking over Sturridge and Martial???

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:01 am

Time for a change methinks. Lancaster has done some good things when I think back to how poor we looked under Johnno. He points to the big win against NZ, but fails to mention half their team having food poisoning/some sort of virus.

Don't think the prep helped us, never looked like we were coming into the tournament with any momentum and I think we are deserving of the chokers tag. We seem, generally, to deal with 40 mins of pressure then have little idea what to do for the next 40. At no point last night, did it really look like we might threaten on home turf.

Too much chopping and changing, too much tinkering. You should probably be able to name 12 of your WC first XV two years out. We couldn't name them 2 weeks out. And in key positions.

Not good enough.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:31 pm

As worthy put the initial improvement when he took over flatlined and we stagnated. Needs a change. Lancaster is considering his position but if he doesn't jump he needs pushing.

The captain has to go, not an international quality 7 as showed last night. Mike Brown in the interim and this may surprise some but for me if Burgess stays with Bath and gets more experience I would look at him as he has a great aura about him.

Ford has to be before Farrell at 10.

Bin that fecking Barritt.

Overall disappointed, very.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:12 pm

might i suggest that this thread is burned, deleted and shredded - in any order you like - and we act like this never happened?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:26 pm

What happened?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:What happened?
We didn't win the World Cup.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:What happened?
no idea! I think there's some wimmin's footy on or summat! the BBC keep going on about it, anyway.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Time for a change methinks. Lancaster has done some good things when I think back to how poor we looked under Johnno. He points to the big win against NZ, but fails to mention half their team having food poisoning/some sort of virus.

Don't think the prep helped us, never looked like we were coming into the tournament with any momentum and I think we are deserving of the chokers tag. We seem, generally, to deal with 40 mins of pressure then have little idea what to do for the next 40. At no point last night, did it really look like we might threaten on home turf.

Too much chopping and changing, too much tinkering. You should probably be able to name 12 of your WC first XV two years out. We couldn't name them 2 weeks out. And in key positions.

Not good enough.

Nowhere near good enough. Again Lancaster fails to win a game that counts. He has a history of almost getting there, but bottling the big ones.
Is Michael Cheika the Sam Allardyce of rugby union?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Canada did really well. We gave up fewer points than Uruguay and were actually given a bonus point in one game. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Canada are a pretty decent side. Their opportunity to shine comes tomorrow - against Romania. Should be a good match.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Probably a game that neither the team nor the fans want to watch but it has to be played.

Also very important in respect of the next world cup as a win means we avoid pre-qualifying.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Jonathon Joseph and Mike Brown on the bench?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Oz down to 13... cynical (and stupid!)

please don't feck it up Oz... pleeeeeaaaase!!!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Great game. Would be worthy of a world cup game, if there was a world cup on.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:31 pm

The Aussie defending when down to 13 was absolutely incredible.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Maybe being too critical, but that for me demonstrated everything that's wrong. Too much one man rugby not enough control. Needless penalties. Ball not fast enough. Don't look like a unit upfront. Time to move on.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Maybe being too critical, but that for me demonstrated everything that's wrong. Too much one man rugby not enough control. Needless penalties. Ball not fast enough. Don't look like a unit upfront. Time to move on.

hopefully south africa will give wales a chuffin good dicking and then we can forget the whole thing.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:24 pm

meanwhile - 10 tries!! we're gonna win the cup... oh...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:35 am

A good days rugby once again and some of the quarter final games decided.

Scotland run close by Samoa who cut through them at times with ease. Scotland have clearly had good preparation and have done very well with their limited resources to again get out of the group and meet Australia.

Wales and Australia, what a great try less game to watch. The Welsh fail again against southern hemisphere opposition. Is it self belief? Certainly when they were 15 v 13 they should have made it count. Seemed they tried to keep it tight without conviction and failed to draw the wallabies in and knock them backwards and then threw it out wide which was telegraphed, subsequently swamped and negated. Still Gatland thinks it will be easier against the springboks than the jocks. Good luck Warren, you will need it.

England with a routine win against the predominately amateur Uruguay. A game that had to be played which probably the host nation wouldn't want to play but still important to guarantee automatic qualification for 2019, feck that sounds bad! A rare event that the England team play up north but they got a very pleasing welcome from the crowd and the final score would have been great if the other matches had gone to plan :hang:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:43 am

Tonight I wanted the welsh to win, purely because they were up against Southern Hemisphere opposition. Bish I don't understand your thinking here, did you really want the wallabies to win?

In the other matches, France v Ireland will decide who win their group with winners meeting a potential banana skin in Argentina, the losers facing a the favs New Zealand who have done the job but not in the expected fashion.

Its a tough tournament to call, I want a NH winner and think the France offers our best hope but France feck it up regularly...

South Africa have an apparent unsettled camp and the defeat against Japan was far more than unexpected.

The Wallabies although heroic tonight cannot afford to give chances against the bench mark AB's without them scoring, although in their defence they weren't at full strength.

NZ, the clear favourites but maybe it could be one tournament too many for some old creaking bones in key position.

Disappointing that England are out but still some good matches to come and enjoy.