The wonderful EU and Migration thread!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The wonderful EU and Migration thread!

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:24 pm

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:32 am

Worth pointing out that the last paris attacker was identified the other day. French national. So that's none of them refugees, if we're counting...?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:Worth pointing out that the last paris attacker was identified the other day. French national. So that's none of them refugees, if we're counting...?
But he was a Muslim. So we've still got to figure out what the hell is going on....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:19 pm

I felt pretty confident in advance of them naming him that he'd be Muslim!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:I felt pretty confident in advance of them naming him that he'd be Muslim!
So, on that basis it's not just migrants we should stop but all Muslims then?
Strewth! and you call me!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Worth pointing out that the last paris attacker was identified the other day. French national. So that's none of them refugees, if we're counting...?
But he was a Muslim. So we've still got to figure out what the hell is going on....
You think sense can be made of it? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out that there are Muslims, Christians, Protestasnts, Methodists, C of E, Jewish, Hindus, Sikhs, Mormons Jehovas Witnesses and all the rest of folks with a religion all over the world who don't actually live near Mecca or were born within shouting distance of Iraq, Iran or Saudi Arabia. Of them all, only some sections of Islamists seem to want to chop anyone's heads off, keep women supressed, use their own version of law or blow themselves to Kingdom come (literally). They're still calling Christians Crusaders despite the last crusade to the Holy Land being 725 years ago. If it's all about anything but using religion, why call themselves Islamic State? Somebody should point out that if they wipe out western capitalism, what then, replace it with eastern capitalism instead or be true to the law of poor? Living in a tent in mainland England, Scotland Cumbria, Wales or Ireland might have a few drawbacks, after all. Of course, that'll only happen when America's full. Crazy, all of it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:45 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
You think sense can be made of it? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out that there are Muslims, Christians, Protestasnts, Methodists, C of E, Jewish, Hindus, Sikhs, Mormons Jehovas Witnesses and all the rest of folks with a religion all over the world who don't actually live near Mecca or were born within shouting distance of Iraq, Iran or Saudi Arabia. Of them all, only some sections of Islamists seem to want to chop anyone's heads off, keep women supressed, use their own version of law or blow themselves to Kingdom come (literally). They're still calling Christians Crusaders despite the last crusade to the Holy Land being 725 years ago. If it's all about anything but using religion, why call themselves Islamic State? Somebody should point out that if they wipe out western capitalism, what then, replace it with eastern capitalism instead or be true to the law of poor? Living in a tent in mainland England, Scotland Cumbria, Wales or Ireland might have a few drawbacks, after all. Of course, that'll only happen when America's full. Crazy, all of it.
It was a joke referencing trumps speech TD.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:42 am

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I felt pretty confident in advance of them naming him that he'd be Muslim!
So, on that basis it's not just migrants we should stop but all Muslims then?
Strewth! and you call me!
Well, that's a leap!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
It was a joke referencing trumps speech TD.
Regardless, Trump can be ignored. The bold bits are the point.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Worrying story coming out of Cologne today, a city I recently had the pleasure of visiting. Over 80 women sexually assaulted on new years eve by what at first reports appear to be migrant groups. A dreadful event that if accurate, for it to happen in Germany a country which has recently showed such compassion for migrants, makes it somehow worse
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Worrying story coming out of Cologne today, a city I recently had the pleasure of visiting. Over 80 women sexually assaulted on new years eve by what at first reports appear to be migrant groups. A dreadful event that if accurate, for it to happen in Germany a country which has recently showed such compassion for migrants, makes it somehow worse
Wait for the riots when they find out because they are not all Doctors' engineers and rocket scientists that there are no jobs for them and the German people get fed up of paying for their up keep!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Worrying story coming out of Cologne today, a city I recently had the pleasure of visiting. Over 80 women sexually assaulted on new years eve by what at first reports appear to be migrant groups. A dreadful event that if accurate, for it to happen in Germany a country which has recently showed such compassion for migrants, makes it somehow worse
I caught a snippet about this on 5L on the way home. A group of around a thousand blokes. fecking dreadful. They didn't mention them possibly being migrants though.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I caught a snippet about this on 5L on the way home. A group of around a thousand blokes. fecking dreadful. They didn't mention them possibly being migrants though.
Now, now. The Cologne Mayoress says that because they appear to be Arabic young men and speaking Arabic to each other no-one should jump to conclusions about them being migrants.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

AmAWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AmAWanderer » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:23 am

Just caught this on the news a swell, very strange. They were putting lit fireworks in women's hoods then when they started panicking they dipped their phones and wallets. :O

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:44 pm

The biggest scandal emerging in Germany is, just how far until now, the authorities have been playing down a rising crime rate.
Apparently police in Düsseldorf have a list of around a thousand possibly connected with crime!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:26 pm

The police report, leaked to the German tabloid Bild, described how officers were initially overwhelmed by the events outside the city’s train station on New Year’s Eve, after which more than 100 women filed criminal complaints of sexual assault and robbery, including two accounts of rape.

It said women were forced to “run a gauntlet … beyond description” to reach or leave the station.

“The officers on the ground couldn’t gain control of all of the events, attacks and crimes – there were simply too many at the same time for that to be possible,” a high-ranking officer wrote, describing the scene police arrived to. “On the square outside were several thousand mostly male people of a migrant background who were firing all kinds of fireworks and throwing bottles into the crowd at random.

“Even the appearance of police officers on the scene … didn’t hold the masses back from their actions.” The report added that police who tried to clear the square faced a barrage of fireworks and bottles.
The influx of more than a million refugees should be welcomed as an 'opportunity'
Angela Merkel.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:29 pm

So, a Texan Professor is now saying the rapes and assaults in Cologne were not because of Muslim cultural attitudes, but because they were men. So it's now my fault. Thanks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:So, a Texan Professor is now saying the rapes and assaults in Cologne were not because of Muslim cultural attitudes, but because they were men. So it's now my fault. Thanks.
We should string you up by your balls, you bastard.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Surely a Texan Professor is an oxymoron?
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:35 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Surely a Texan Professor is an oxymoron?
You can't use words like that. They'll sue!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください