F1 celebrations

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

F1 celebrations

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:55 am

yeah - I get that you are happy, Lewis, and i get that you sprayed putin..

but wtf is this spraying sponsor-girls full in the face with champagne all about - she clearly isn't enjoying the moment..

why the feck is this considered to be the way to celebrate winning a car race??? :conf:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: F1 celebrations

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Because what started out in 1967 as a spontaneous one off celebration by the then winner of the Le Mans 24 hour race is now deeply embedded into the sport. Not only did Moet et Chandon start the trend by giving the drivers the special edition bottles of champagne but podium drivers are actually paid to extravagantly spray the champagne, and get bonuses for newsworthy coverage of the act of spraying - it's just another corporate sponsorship deal. I can't find the article I read a few years back but I believe the deal (was) somewhere in the region of 100K per season... and then competition came into play and different races now have different champagne sponsors, with extra payment clauses if the label can be clearly seen during the "sprayage".
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Not only did Moet et Chandon start the trend by giving the drivers the special edition bottles of champagne but podium drivers are actually paid to extravagantly spray the champagne, and get bonuses for newsworthy coverage of the act of spraying - it's just another corporate sponsorship deal. I can't find the article I read a few years back but I believe the deal (was) somewhere in the region of 100K per season... and then competition came into play and different races now have different champagne sponsors, with extra payment clauses if the label can be clearly seen during the "sprayage".
When I worked in the drinks industry it was common knowledge that at the time that GSK paid footballers £60 per pack-shot to drink from those turquoise Lucozade Sport bottles in their post match interviews. I never saw any other footballer cash in on this quite as much as our very own SKD who'd constantly take several little sips. And here's the thing - they contained water, not Lucozade Sport.
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Good girl takes a facial well

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Not only did Moet et Chandon start the trend by giving the drivers the special edition bottles of champagne but podium drivers are actually paid to extravagantly spray the champagne, and get bonuses for newsworthy coverage of the act of spraying - it's just another corporate sponsorship deal. I can't find the article I read a few years back but I believe the deal (was) somewhere in the region of 100K per season... and then competition came into play and different races now have different champagne sponsors, with extra payment clauses if the label can be clearly seen during the "sprayage".
When I worked in the drinks industry it was common knowledge that at the time that GSK paid footballers £60 per pack-shot to drink from those turquoise Lucozade Sport bottles in their post match interviews. I never so any other footballer cash in on this quite as much as our very own SKD who'd constantly take several little sips. And here's the thing - they contained water, not Lucozade Sport.
I didn't know that but I'm not surprised. The champagne on the other hand is champagne. The extravagance of just wasting the damned stuff by multi-millionaire playboy risk taking drivers is part of the advertising appeal, as they see it. Product placement in the most hedonistic environment, with the benefit of that environment reeking of money, without the embarrassment of condoning drink-driving (coz they're spraying it around after driving) is your Champagne House's ideal advertising niche.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:35 pm

i get the spraying... that's fine - but the aggressive spraying point blank in the face of a reluctant sponsor/host girl?? that I don't get...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:36 pm

thebish wrote:i get the spraying... that's fine - but the aggressive spraying point blank in the face of a reluctant sponsor/host girl?? that I don't get...
Could be that in addition to being a world class racing driver Lewis Hamilton is also a bit of a prat? I've often wondered.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:i get the spraying... that's fine - but the aggressive spraying point blank in the face of a reluctant sponsor/host girl?? that I don't get...
Could be that in addition to being a world class racing driver Lewis Hamilton is also a bit of a prat? I've often wondered.
that was my conclusion...

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
When I worked in the drinks industry it was common knowledge that at the time that GSK paid footballers £60 per pack-shot to drink from those turquoise Lucozade Sport bottles in their post match interviews. I never saw any other footballer cash in on this quite as much as our very own SKD who'd constantly take several little sips. And here's the thing - they contained water, not Lucozade Sport.
No doubt about it. You watch next time any top golfer wins a title and they're interviewed on screen, they will scratch their head, itch their face, wipe their lips and adjust their cap - all so their gaudy watch gets some screen time.

Regarding the F1 'celebrations', do Moet et al offer a non-alcholic version for the Abu Dhabi and Bahrain races...?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
No doubt about it. You watch next time any top golfer wins a title and they're interviewed on screen, they will scratch their head, itch their face, wipe their lips and adjust their cap - all so their gaudy watch gets some screen time.

Regarding the F1 'celebrations', do Moet et al offer a non-alcholic version for the Abu Dhabi and Bahrain races...?
Nope, nor in Indonesia/Malaysia etc.. I think they give licensing dispensation to the GP circuit, I think it's all part of the F1 deal, i.e you play by our rules otherwise we'll take our circus to some other town kind of ultimatum.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:56 pm

so basically the deal is..

yay - look at me - I'm Lewis Hamilton - I'm trying to win yet more money by spraying champagne right in the face of this reluctant woman.

great.

shoite-off Hamilton, you massive cock.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Does he wear those fecking redhooclious earrings under his helmet when he's racing?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:08 pm

thebish wrote:so basically the deal is..

yay - look at me - I'm Lewis Hamilton - I'm trying to win yet more money by spraying champagne right in the face of this reluctant woman.

great.

shoite-off Hamilton, you massive cock.
Yup. You've got it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Does he wear those fecking redhooclious earrings under his helmet when he's racing?
I think them's just the studs what replace his lobewear (for health and safey reasons so that if he crashes and avoids death he also avoids deaf by not having his ear ripped off) whilst racing; after race, during his louche moments when supping his champagne out of troughs, he wears little diamond things that glitter more effectively therefore giving his admiring onlookers more of an idea as to how much cash he's worth.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm just a little curious as to why it's taken you 6 months to get upset by it. Surely she's dried out by now?

I do think that anyone on a podium after an F1, should probably know that there's a fair chance, they're going to end up covered in bubbly. As it happens, her mate in the background is pissing herself laughing (need to see the other pics)....

That's not to say I don't think Hamilton's a dick, but c'mon podium, F1, champers everywhere....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I'm just a little curious as to why it's taken you 6 months to get upset by it. Surely she's dried out by now?

I do think that anyone on a podium after an F1, should probably know that there's a fair chance, they're going to end up covered in bubbly. As it happens, her mate in the background is pissing herself laughing (need to see the other pics)....

That's not to say I don't think Hamilton's a dick, but c'mon podium, F1, champers everywhere....

I have a slow-burn fuse! :D

sprayage = fine! point-blank in-your-face targetted spraying = dickish behaviour! simple! 8)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:14 pm

I take issue with this sprayage = fine attitude. There are seals clubbed to death in the arctic who would have loved to have had the opportunity to taste just one drop of the fine champagne extravagantly wasted. I also mourn for the grapevines, all that effort just so Hamilton can play the fxckin dick...
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:16 pm

And the knob's getting paid for it... like he's not got enough.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Bukakke came from that part of the world, a bit of champagne in the face is nothing to them.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:32 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I'm just a little curious as to why it's taken you 6 months to get upset by it. Surely she's dried out by now?

I have a slow-burn fuse! :D

sprayage = fine! point-blank in-your-face targetted spraying = dickish behaviour! simple! 8)
Point blank?!!!! He's an F1 racing driver - that's breaking distance at 180 MPH he's that far away. :-) It's mainly bubbles and doesn't really hurt.

Now for Putin, he should've left the cork in and got the fcker right between the eyes.