Shootings and explosions in Paris this evening

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shootings and explosions in Paris this evening

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I guess making the point that it has nothing to do with migrants or the migration crisis Tango.

It has, of course, but just making the point.

well - no - just that bombing more of syria wouldn't have stopped this murderous and c&ntish terrorist bloodshed...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:47 pm

Which doesn't answer my confusion as to the source and motive of the attacks. If ISIS claimed responsibility, then surely that would indicate that the source was Syria? Either that or the ISIS claim is propoganda bullshxt. The only other answer is a misguided religious martyrdom reasoning which again is Syrian, Jihad-style Islamism. Is this what is being claimed, home grown bombers who blow up their countrymen in the name of Allah? ? What exactly does Mr Vice President mean by ‘internal domestic security’.. I ask merely for clarification.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:30 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Which doesn't answer my confusion as to the source and motive of the attacks. If ISIS claimed responsibility, then surely that would indicate that the source was Syria? Either that or the ISIS claim is propoganda bullshxt. The only other answer is a misguided religious martyrdom reasoning which again is Syrian, Jihad-style Islamism. Is this what is being claimed, home grown bombers who blow up their countrymen in the name of Allah? ? What exactly does Mr Vice President mean by ‘internal domestic security’.. I ask merely for clarification.
Syria is clearly part of it. Even if these terrorists were born in Europe (children of immigrants) they were inspired by ISIS. Abdelhamid Abaaoud was, for example, trained in Syria. Bombing a training camp in Syria may well stop future attacks by EU citizens- although I am not suggesting this may be the best approach.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:The Vice-President of the European Commission, Federica Mogherini, stating quite categorically that what happened in France on Friday was largely a matter of ‘internal domestic security’. She said,

Let me underline; the profile of the terrorists so far identified tells us this is an internal threat. It is all EU citizens so far.

Here is a rundown of the attackers definitely identified so far, and where they originated:

ABDELHAMID ABAAOUD – Belgium
SALAH ABDESLAM – Belgium
IBRAHIM ABDESLAM – Belgium
ISMAEL MOSTEFAI – France
SAMY AMIMOUR – France
BILAL HADFI – France
You'd be amusing if you weren't such a wazzock. I believe you were the pillock leading the arse over tit charge claiming some poet was Somalian, really honest guv... :roll:

I'm getting the words...................................... licensed premises. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:56 pm

And Andrew Neil's not happy :shock:

May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Here you go Hoboh, better than the missiles. Propoganda's the game. Really upset the Germans.... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bo6_YNRpDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Here you go Hoboh, better than the missiles. Propoganda's the game. Really upset the Germans.... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bo6_YNRpDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I thought propaganda was when a cockney has a really hard look at something?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 pm

thebish wrote:The Vice-President of the European Commission, Federica Mogherini, stating quite categorically that what happened in France on Friday was largely a matter of ‘internal domestic security’. She said,

Let me underline; the profile of the terrorists so far identified tells us this is an internal threat. It is all EU citizens so far.

Here is a rundown of the attackers definitely identified so far, and where they originated:

SALAH ABDESLAM – Belgium
ISMAEL MOSTEFAI – France
SAMY AMIMOUR – France
BILAL HADFI – France
Of course they do have something in common like 99.9% of all the terrorist attack in the last decade and a half.

Religion. Or should I be a little more specific, 'The Religion of Peace'. Islam.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:27 pm

malcd1 wrote:

SALAH ABDESLAM – Belgium
ISMAEL MOSTEFAI – France
SAMY AMIMOUR – France
BILAL HADFI – France
Of course they do have something in common like 99.9% of all the terrorist attack in the last decade and a half.

Religion. Or should I be a little more specific, 'The Religion of Peace'. Islam.
I suspect that figure - if you look at it seriously - is wrong!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:52 pm

thebish wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

SALAH ABDESLAM – Belgium
ISMAEL MOSTEFAI – France
SAMY AMIMOUR – France
BILAL HADFI – France

I suspect that figure - if you look at it seriously - is wrong!
What did those six terrorists (and the others that died in the raid this week) have in common? Just a coincidence?

Of course I made up the statistic but you might be surprised at the number of attacks by Muslins in the name of their religion.

2015 attacks
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2015.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and those in the last 30 days
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 am

^^ nowhere near 99.9%. It can barely be over 95%.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:34 am

Well, look - you're both wrong. Prince Charles has put it down to climate change. Hoboh needs to come on here and explain himself. :-)

http://news.sky.com/story/1592373/charl ... ate-change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:12 pm

The figures are published every year. Bobo can look them up - over the last decade it is nowhere near 95%

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:20 am

Worthy4England wrote:Well, look - you're both wrong. Prince Charles has put it down to climate change. Hoboh needs to come on here and explain himself. :-)

http://news.sky.com/story/1592373/charl ... ate-change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He'd do well to stop listening to the Daffodils.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:30 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Well, look - you're both wrong. Prince Charles has put it down to climate change. Hoboh needs to come on here and explain himself. :-)

Knew you'd be impressed! :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:38 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Knew you'd be impressed! :mrgreen:
Cat came up with that one :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:40 am

Is the mayor of Molenbeek the World's most incompetent Jobsworth ??

The Mayor of the Brussels district of Molenbeek received a list with the names of more than 80 suspected jihadists living in the area just one month before the Paris attacks.

The New York Times reports the list included the brothers who took part in the attacks - Brahim and Salah Abdeslam - as well as Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected mastermind.

Mayor of Molenbeek, Françoise Schepmans, said “What was I supposed to do about them? It is not my job to track possible terrorists. That is the responsibility of the federal police".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Eighty suspected terrorists? I almost hesitate to ask, but who provided such a list, and why did they not submit it to said, federal police rather than the mayor?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:41 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Eighty suspected terrorists? I almost hesitate to ask, but who provided such a list, and why did they not submit it to said, federal police rather than the mayor?
Indeed. And did the mayor pass it on?

Frankly I'm not sure what anyone expected the mayor to have done. If the police hadn't already got the list or he didn't pass it on then fair enough, but presumably the police had the relevant information?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Is the mayor of Molenbeek the World's most incompetent Jobsworth ??

The Mayor of the Brussels district of Molenbeek received a list with the names of more than 80 suspected jihadists living in the area just one month before the Paris attacks.

The New York Times reports the list included the brothers who took part in the attacks - Brahim and Salah Abdeslam - as well as Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected mastermind.

Mayor of Molenbeek, Françoise Schepmans, said “What was I supposed to do about them? It is not my job to track possible terrorists. That is the responsibility of the federal police".
To be fair to the Mayor just for a moment - it's hardly like the Abdeslam brothers weren't known to French police either...