A surfeit of knowledge

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

A surfeit of knowledge

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:26 am

I need some assistance here. I reheard the 1976 Kursaal Flyers classic recently & I'm trying to work out the advantage this situation has given the guy.
"Little does she know that I know that she knows
that I know she's two-timing me".
I get why him knowing is useful. And why him being aware that she's realised he knows. But struggle with how it aids him that she's unaware of this.

It's concerned me for damn near 40 years now.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A surfeit of knowledge

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:38 am

Yer a bloke - we're not supposed to listen to the words, but rather make your own up as you go along.... :conf:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:41 am

Worthy4England wrote:Yer a bloke - we're not supposed to listen to the words, but rather make your own up as you go along.... :conf:
Which is sorta why it's taken me 39 years to ask.

I get by on, at a max, two lines of more or less anything. Often incorrect even then.

Mind you. I always though Kursaal was in Salford .... & it appears to be in Southend !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I need some assistance here. I reheard the 1976 Kursaal Flyers classic recently & I'm trying to work out the advantage this situation has given the guy.
I get why him knowing is useful. And why him being aware that she's realised he knows. But struggle with how it aids him that she's unaware of this.

:D

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:15 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I need some assistance here. I reheard the 1976 Kursaal Flyers classic recently & I'm trying to work out the advantage this situation has given the guy.

Although I haven't had 40 year to ponder it Mr B (just hearing it on Radio 2 or Signal 2), I've always wondered why, in reference to the two timing aspect of the sentence, he says "Little does she know" then "She knows that I know".

Does she know or doesn't she know?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Andy Waller wrote:

Although I haven't had 40 year to ponder it Mr B (just hearing it on Radio 2 or Signal 2), I've always wondered why, in reference to the two timing aspect of the sentence, he says "Little does she know" then "She knows that I know".

I hope she doesn't know you posted it on a Forum!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:38 pm

He knows she does...so it's alright.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Was it that song Rumsfeld was thinking of when he went on with his "Known unknowns, Unknown knowns"?

They both make my head hurt :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 am

Andy Waller wrote:

Well now ... there's the rub. She knows that he knows. But she doesn't know that he knows she knows ... but he does.

Things are going to be pretty tense in THAT part of Southend if you ask me.