Wierd things to do on Christmas Day.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Wierd things to do on Christmas Day.

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Just wondered if there were other tales of woe, other than not having the right sized batteries in for the kids toys. I offer the following.

1) The trampoline. Easy assembly - except when you've had a couple Christmas Eve and you get to that last connection on the 'elastic'. Not happening, gave up after an hour and left a note from Santa, saying his elves had packed the wrong tools and Daddy would finish it off in the morning.

2) The Scorpion. A "ride-on" vehicle of superior design and manufacture. Started 01:00. Finished 07:30, just before the little bugger got up. Full wiring loom to the lighting and hi-fi system. Active suspension. I'm sure it had ABS too. The McLaren pit crew couldn't have done it quicker.

Today, having learned my lesson, I'm about to collimate a Dobsonian telescope. Feck me this is going to require beer...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Wierd things to do on Christmas Day.

Post by clapton is god » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Just wondered if there were other tales of woe, other than not having the right sized batteries in for the kids toys. I offer the following.

1) The trampoline. Easy assembly - except when you've had a couple Christmas Eve and you get to that last connection on the 'elastic'. Not happening, gave up after an hour and left a note from Santa, saying his elves had packed the wrong tools and Daddy would finish it off in the morning.

2) The Scorpion. A "ride-on" vehicle of superior design and manufacture. Started 01:00. Finished 07:30, just before the little bugger got up. Full wiring loom to the lighting and hi-fi system. Active suspension. I'm sure it had ABS too. The McLaren pit crew couldn't have done it quicker.

Today, having learned my lesson, I'm about to collimate a Dobsonian telescope. Feck me this is going to require beer...
Oh, heck. My experience of that was very brief and ill fated. Good luck.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:01 pm

I remember a young Bijou Bob getting a Harrier landing game one Christmas. It involved tying some twine from one end of the garden to the other in a downwards direction and then trying to land a metal model harrier onto a little aircraft carrier. Pretty dull in itself but it took ages to set up. My dad, a normally mild mannered chap, lost his rag trying to get it working and sent Bob's mates home early :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:43 pm

And it didn't work once he'd finished!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:15 pm

Great grandson is mad on diggers, J.C.B's, trucks etc. We bought him this big model thing, flashing lights, hooter, bells and whistles and stuff. He unwrapped it, showed great enthusiasm for at least half-a-minute, then sat down and played some game or other on my granddaughter's mobile phone. Hear this, he's just turned three.... :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?