I AM IRONMAN!!!! (Well, hopefully)

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: I AM IRONMAN!!!! (Well, hopefully)

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:45 am

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:6 weeks now completed of 20

44 hours of Swimming, Cycling and Running up to yesterday.

I have to say I'm quite beginning to enjoy myself and the gradual build up of this programme makes that next step achievable. As with all these things there are lots of people wanting to give you advice on what you should be doing. I'm trying to stay focussed otherwise I'll be off doing 100 mile sportives (bike ride) and 10km swims which will only serve to unsettle and tire me too soon.

This week I have swum 5,115m, run 22 miles and cycled for 4.5 hours. Still some way to go but a decent start I think. :mrgreen:

aye - stick to the swim 5,115m, run 22 miles and cycle for 4.5 hours in a week - don't want to get tired or owt!! :shock: :wink:
That's in a week. In 3 months time I'll have to swim 3,900m cycle 180km and run a marathon. In 17 hours!

I'll sleep when I'm dead. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:51 am

Just a minor observation. you're going to have to go a bit quicker then! :mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:Just a minor observation. you're going to have to go a bit quicker then! :mrgreen:

Hmmmmm........ I wish someone would have said.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:42 am

Worthy4England wrote:Just a minor observation. you're going to have to go a bit quicker then! :mrgreen:
:lol:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:03 pm

I thought you'd accepted maths wasn't your strong point? :D

Sounding really good progress this G. I'm sure the 3 disciplines compliment each other well when done right, so you grow stronger with less chance of injury than if you were just caning one of them. Sheephouse will be here before you know it! :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Sounding really good progress this G. I'm sure the 3 disciplines compliment each other well when done right, so you grow stronger with less chance of injury than if you were just caning one of them. Sheephouse will be here before you know it! :oyea:
TW Ironman meet up? :pissed: All in the name of cheering on GtE of course!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Defo! First one to get as wrecked as LE did last year, wins!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:38 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

That was a maths problem too. Thought I'd have a few pints while watching it but failed to take into account that it went on for 17 hours.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:39 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Depends what I'm mathematically calculating and to what end...sometimes it can be excellent. ;-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:49 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

That was a maths problem too. Thought I'd have a few pints while watching it but failed to take into account that it went on for 17 hours.
You started drinking at 6 am?????

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote: You started drinking at 6 am?????
Ha! Not quite, but I failed to factor in the 9 hours between the first and last finishers.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:19 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Ha! Not quite, but I failed to factor in the 9 hours between the first and last finishers.

Well I'll try and finish as quickly as possible to allow your liver some respite. :grin:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:22 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Well I'll try and finish as quickly as possible to allow your liver some respite. :grin:
I'll keep going to the end anyway so the only difference will be whether you finish early enough for me to a) shout you on coherently and b) remember you actually finishing.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm

End of week 7. Wasn't. Looking forward to this weekend as I've felt tired all week and not enjoyed training.

Friday I did 1900m in the pool. Saturday I did an 11 mile run in 1hr 30mins. Today I have cycled 52.5 miles in just over 3 hours and then got off the bike and ran 2 miles as a transition.

I'm pleased with myself as I could easily have skived off but I didn't. I now have a recovery week which willhelp me recharge before racking up the distances again. Game on.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:End of week 7. Wasn't. Looking forward to this weekend as I've felt tired all week and not enjoyed training.

Friday I did 1900m in the pool. Saturday I did an 11 mile run in 1hr 30mins. Today I have cycled 52.5 miles in just over 3 hours and then got off the bike and ran 2 miles as a transition.

I'm pleased with myself as I could easily have skived off but I didn't. I now have a recovery week which willhelp me recharge before racking up the distances again. Game on.
Good work. How many weeks?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:58 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:End of week 7. Wasn't. Looking forward to this weekend as I've felt tired all week and not enjoyed training.

Good work. How many weeks?
Until the race? 13.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 19, 2016 11:32 am

Just a quick update people. I have now clocked over 100 hours of training for Ironman. The date of the race is 17th July. 9 weeks away. I make no apologies for reminding you I have 2 justgiving web pages set up to raise money for Bloodwise and Down's Syndrome Oxford. For those of you who have already donated I thank you. I may not have responded to you all, indeed some of you have chosen to donate anonymously, but thank you so much. Those of you who have said you will pledge but keep forgetting, please go to justgiving.com, enter my name, and the pages will appear. Any amount, however small, will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again in advance, Martin. X

p.s. Enter the name Martin Cullen NOT Gary the Enfield as that will get very confusing.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu May 19, 2016 11:53 am

Donated. Best of Luck!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 19, 2016 11:55 am

Beefheart wrote:Donated. Best of Luck!

Thank you. :mrgreen:

How's the leg?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu May 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Donated. Best of Luck!

Thank you. :mrgreen:

How's the leg?
A lot better, did a 5k yesterday and a 10k on Tuesday with a friend. No pain after either, although I did roll my ankle at the end of yesterdays run but it seems to be find today. Think I might see if I can push on a bit longer this weekend