2016 Six Nations

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

2016 Six Nations

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

another thread by me about a sport with an egg ball, but I imagine this will be ever so slightly more popular.

Team against Scotland for sat'dy.

England: Mike Brown, Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Jack Nowell, George Ford, Danny Care; Joe Marler, Dylan Hartley (captain), Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, George Kruis, Chris Robshaw, James Haskell and Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Paul Hill, Courtney Lawes, Jack Clifford, Ben Youngs, Alex Goode and Ollie Devoto.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35490568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 2016 Six Nations

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:24 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:another thread by me about a sport with an egg ball, but I imagine this will be ever so slightly more popular.
Team against Scotland for sat'dy.

England: Mike Brown, Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Jack Nowell, George Ford, Danny Care; Joe Marler, Dylan Hartley (captain), Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, George Kruis, Chris Robshaw, James Haskell and Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Paul Hill, Courtney Lawes, Jack Clifford, Ben Youngs, Alex Goode and Ollie Devoto.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35490568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not with me it won't.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Okay, sorry Spots but I'm in. COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:24 pm

England should have enough to win this, but after the performance in RWC, I hope we've sorted out what type of game we're looking to play...if we serve up the same tripe, we could have a problem against a generally improving Scotland.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:England should have enough to win this, but after the performance in RWC, I hope we've sorted out what type of game we're looking to play...if we serve up the same tripe, we could have a problem against a generally improving Scotland.

agreed - and it looks like evolution rather than evolution! which may be a good thing as I am sure there is a feckibng ace team in there somewhere - if, as you say, they are all clear what kind of rugby we are about!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Always good to start with a win. Scotland were a pretty tough side and it was a battling scrappy game. Vunipola was justly MOTM for me (with less than perfect knowlege of Union). Italy almost managed to nick it from France.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:58 pm

"Scotland head coach Vern Cotter: "The players are very disappointed. That game was there to be won and that's the hard, cold fact."

Nope, sorry mate, the hard cold fact is that it wasn't. England got in the way and won. That's a hard cold fact. :wink:

AmAWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AmAWanderer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 am

TANGODANCER wrote:"Scotland head coach Vern Cotter: "The players are very disappointed. That game was there to be won and that's the hard, cold fact."

Nope, sorry mate, the hard cold fact is that it wasn't. England got in the way and won. That's a hard cold fact. :wink:
Good to get on up on our northern neighbours and off to a winning start, but will need a better showing against the Italians who should be taking in some confidence from their good performance against the frogs. Even the 'easier' points against the Scots and the Italians will need us to ensure we're on our game.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:55 am

AmAWanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:"Scotland head coach Vern Cotter: "The players are very disappointed. That game was there to be won and that's the hard, cold fact."

Good to get on up on our northern neighbours and off to a winning start, but will need a better showing against the Italians who should be taking in some confidence from their good performance against the frogs. Even the 'easier' points against the Scots and the Italians will need us to ensure we're on our game.
Reasily admitting my inexperience on the game's finer points, I still don't think there are any easy points left in international rugby. All the teams are so much improved (Italy, Argentina not the least) that every game will be a battle.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Bit surprised that France did Ireland. France were pretty lacklustre last weekend.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:34 pm

i see the scots and the welsh are playing indoor rugby cos it's a bit cold... chuffin pansies...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Jock mate not sure who he wants to win...told him to have a pint of bitter, on me.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Jock mate not sure who he wants to win...told him to have a pint of bitter, on me.
How can he not know ??

For me it's simple. I want neither of them to win. Preferably not via a draw. More happily if the match is called null & void for some reason.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:10 pm

A win tomorrow would be useful to stay in touch with the French. Thought they were going to lose to Italy which would have been handy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Eddie Jones interview before the match.

Reporter: "Last week was all about a result, how much is this about a performance"

Jones: "It's all about the result."

Well, yes indeed.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Rugby on T.V, cricket on pc...let's go.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Good start by Italy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Strange that McLean didn't "mark" that kick...Sure he was in his 22...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:42 pm

We're being a bit sloppy in some areas. Italians right up for it...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:52 pm

You'd probably expect that at home - guess we'll see how both team's fitness holds up in the last 20 minutes. Hardly vintage stuff from England at the minute. Not sure the game plan is much clearer than Lancaster's at the moment. The things I thought we did pretty well last week - building platform through steady line-outs and scrums - seems to have disappeared this week.