Brexit or Britin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Brexit or Britin

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Is there an over reaction? I'm frigging livid, but then I'm one of those university educated 20somethings who wanted to stay. I just can't see any positives about leaving, just uncertainty, further break up and inequality in Europe.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Sturgeon is everything our leaders fail to be.
:conf:
You want our leaders to be racist self-serving bitches?
Businesswoman of the year.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:01 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
You want our leaders to (continue to be) be racist self-serving bitches?

Fixed

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:23 pm

jimbo wrote:Is there an over reaction? I'm frigging livid, but then I'm one of those university educated 20somethings who wanted to stay. I just can't see any positives about leaving, just uncertainty, further break up and inequality in Europe.
If only the other 75% of your age bracket bothered to vote....
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:35 pm

I've not seen turnout figures by age range yet. That will be interesting. I can't help but feel that many people to voted for exit don't actually understand the consequences will hit them hardest.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:49 pm

My worry is for the people who voted out to tick two fingers up to the 'establishment'. It will be them who suffer if the economy tanks, it will be them who suffer from any welfare cuts, it will be them who suffer from any job losses. If people in Blackpool, Bolton, Morecambe, Sunderland, Whitehaven, Barrow etc think that a new conservative government will be pumping money their way for the next 4 years they're going to have one hell of a shock. Voting out won't help their problems, only add to them. Who will they turn the blame on next?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:54 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
jimbo wrote:My worry is for the people who voted out to tick two fingers up to the 'establishment'. It will be them who suffer if the economy tanks, it will be them who suffer from any welfare cuts, it will be them who suffer from any job losses. If people in Blackpool, Bolton, Morecambe, Sunderland, Whitehaven, Barrow etc think that a new conservative government will be pumping money their way for the next 4 years they're going to have one hell of a shock. Voting out won't help their problems, only add to them. Who will they turn the blame on next?
Well the FT tweeted that the areas that voted leave are the ones who depend on the EU the most. Hang on I'll see if I can find it again.
I know. There's not a chance the conservative government will invest as much in deprived northern areas.
I lived in Liverpool between 2007 and 2012. The change there on the back of European money and capital of culture brought the place out of the dark ages.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:18 pm

jimbo wrote:Is there an over reaction? I'm frigging livid, but then I'm one of those university educated 20somethings who wanted to stay. I just can't see any positives about leaving, just uncertainty, further break up and inequality in Europe.
My sympathies are with you and ThrowawayB as you're both young enough for the Draft and no doubt your call up papers will be in the post soon. Still, fighting the impending World War (If we're able to fight one, given the lack of intelligence co-operation there's now going to be) is at least employment.

Every cloud and all that....... :wink:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:23 pm

The people who voted leave because they thought remain would win remind me of the 1969 movie Putney Swopes. Putney was the token black man on the board of directors of a Madison avenue firm. The chairmanship came open and everyone wanted the job but, in a secret ballot, could not vote for themselves. Everyone voted for Putney on the theory no one else would.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Absolute bollocks. I want them to be honest and genuinely represent the people who elected them.

She does that. She is the one welcoming EU migrants. Not voting out with some ridiculous notion to shut the borders.

Wanting independence from Westminster is probably the least racist thing right now.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Absolute bollocks. I want them to be honest and genuinely represent the people who elected them.

She does that. She is the one welcoming EU migrants. Not voting out with some ridiculous notion to shut the borders.

Wanting independence from Westminster is probably the least racist thing right now.
Would you like to live in a bothy in the Outer Hebrides, or halfway up Ben Nevis? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

We really have got our knickers in a twist over this haven't we?
Your second post here bears no relevance to your original statement so I'm not sure how to respond.

So I'm just going to call Nicola Sturgeon a racist bitch again and wait for you to start making sense.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:44 pm

btw, even by your world-class exceptionally high standards of bollock talking this is a brilliant standout gem

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:50 pm

^^ clearly your level of understanding of this is at around remedial sun reader level so not much point continuing with this discussion.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:^^ clearly your level of understanding of this is at around remedial sun reader level so not much point continuing with this discussion.
Yeah, good one.
Plus I like how you appear to have (wrongly) jumped to the conclusion as to which way I voted now too. You're on fire today.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:07 pm

jimbo wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
jimbo wrote:My worry is for the people who voted out to tick two fingers up to the 'establishment'. It will be them who suffer if the economy tanks, it will be them who suffer from any welfare cuts, it will be them who suffer from any job losses. If people in Blackpool, Bolton, Morecambe, Sunderland, Whitehaven, Barrow etc think that a new conservative government will be pumping money their way for the next 4 years they're going to have one hell of a shock. Voting out won't help their problems, only add to them. Who will they turn the blame on next?
Well the FT tweeted that the areas that voted leave are the ones who depend on the EU the most. Hang on I'll see if I can find it again.
I know. There's not a chance the conservative government will invest as much in deprived northern areas.
I lived in Liverpool between 2007 and 2012. The change there on the back of European money and capital of culture brought the place out of the dark ages.
There's a reason to vote out if ever I saw one

Hello all :D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:12 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:^^ clearly your level of understanding of this is at around remedial sun reader level so not much point continuing with this discussion.
Yeah, good one.
Plus I like how you appear to have (wrongly) jumped to the conclusion as to which way I voted now too. You're on fire today.
Made no assumption as to how you voted. Again that is not the point.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Rjs37 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:God there's some panic fannies about.

If the vote had been reversed it would have been "A ringing endorsement, nothing to see here, carry on etc etc" all conveniently forgetting the 48% & umpteen millions that voted against it.

We've hardly told the EU to sod off. Like the French. the Swedes, the Danes and umpteen others, millions of our citizens have said they want no part of Europe as it is. Only difference in our case (& in the Danes 1st time around) is our outers slightly exceeded our inners.

There'll be some fudged compromise, a bit more reform and another referendum. Possibly
No there won't. The EU have very categorically stated no renegotiation, please enact article 50 as soon as possible.

We're out. Simple as that. No renegotiation, no half measures. Vote has been made. Out. Now the leave campaign must come good on its promises.
Well that's utter rubbish, we're not out at all. We've voted to leave yes but until we enact article 50 (and kick the 2 years off) we are very much still in the EU.
If we never enact article 50 then they (the EU) could do absolutely nothing about that. Once it's been enacted then it can only be stopped with the full backing of the other member states. And yes that we would never get.

Though as we've already found out today, Cameron has postponed the article 50 enactment until the new PM comes in, and the majority of the Conservatives campaigning for Brexit were saying weeks ago that they didn't want it enacting immediately - to give more time for negotiations.

I voted Brexit and I stand by that, but there will definitely be some talks going on over the next few months, to see if they can come up with a deal that would be enough to convince the public not proceed. It may (and probably will) come to nothing but they're (the EU) most certainly going to be trying.
I don't get this at all. I certainly didn't hear anyone mention delaying leaving. Now we're outta there, surely we want to get this nasty VAT off fuel, an extra £100m per week for the NHS, removal of all the red-tape, increasing our border controls, getting the new Trade Agreements in place as fast as possible. Wouldn't want to be delaying all those benefits, now would we?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Yeah, good one.
Made no assumption as to how you voted. Again that is not the point.
I'm not sure that you're even sure what your point is yourself mate.
But to use that silly cow as some kind of poster girl for this decision is ridiculous. She couldn't give a shite if we're in or out she just using the result as yet another stick to bash the English with. She'd have called for another Scottish Independence Referendum even if the vote had gone the other way.

Anyway, when's the football back on? :wink:

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I don't get this at all. I certainly didn't hear anyone mention delaying leaving. Now we're outta there, surely we want to get this nasty VAT off fuel, an extra £100m per week for the NHS, removal of all the red-tape, increasing our border controls, getting the new Trade Agreements in place as fast as possible. Wouldn't want to be delaying all those benefits, now would we?
As the remain camp were constantly saying, new Trade Agreements can take time to negotiate. Why not take the time so we can be better prepared for our eventual EU exit?

Cameron had said from the start that he'd enact article 50 immediately following a Brexit vote, but certainly Gove and Boris, didn't want him to. I'm struggling to find references after today's result though!

Here's Boris from earlier today though and it shows that he's in no hurry:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 00431.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The text in the article describes how EU want us to hurry up, but there's not a lot they can do to force us to enact article 50. I think we'll do it just after the new PM is announced but if they wanted they could delay it longer.