Brexit or Britin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Brexit or Britin

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:52 am

Worthy4England wrote:I'm not sure many on here were predicting "rat-shit" despite being told that's what we were saying. We still haven't left yet. 2017's prediction has been revised downwards. Until any bugger can tell us what out will look like, it's going to be difficult to understand the impact. Immigration is still high and the NHS hasn't been given £350m per week. Fuel still has VAT on it.

We know little has changed, because nothing has changed yet. Tomorrow, I reckon Thursday will happen. Be back tomorrow to tell you I was right.

well, I'll be blowed! you were right! :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:20 am

Thursday is here! Some people like Thursday others aren't so keen. I know some folks who export who are happy, I know some folks who import that are sad.

I know one company that's increased its "workforce management actions" in the UK (redundancies to most folks) and decreased them in the EU.

Still all those people who said Thursday wouldn'the happen. You were wrong. It has, just like I said it would. So ner.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:33 pm

Just grabbed a few days holiday and nearly fainted when seeing the exchange rates. I know there's stuff about needing tourist visas etc in future - possibly, of course - which is added expense (and bother) to the EU but didn't expect the UK to have a Stirling Curtain put around us keeping us in...because we can't afford to get out?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:10 am

Aanvalluh wrote:Just grabbed a few days holiday and nearly fainted when seeing the exchange rates. I know there's stuff about needing tourist visas etc in future - possibly, of course - which is added expense (and bother) to the EU but didn't expect the UK to have a Stirling Curtain put around us keeping us in...because we can't afford to get out?
Frankly, if the poor exchange rate keeps some of our chavvy feckers stuck at home, rather than getting wasted whilst barely covering their tattoos with XXXL footie shirts and catalogue frocks, then perhaps so much the better.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:13 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:Just grabbed a few days holiday and nearly fainted when seeing the exchange rates. I know there's stuff about needing tourist visas etc in future - possibly, of course - which is added expense (and bother) to the EU but didn't expect the UK to have a Stirling Curtain put around us keeping us in...because we can't afford to get out?
Frankly, if the poor exchange rate keeps some of our chavvy feckers stuck at home, rather than getting wasted whilst barely covering their tattoos with XXXL footie shirts and catalogue frocks, then perhaps so much the better.
How very Mrs Bouquet. :-)

Catalogue frocks. :lol:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:42 am

A wonderful rant Bijou
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
How very Mrs Bouquet. :-)
Catalogue frocks. :lol:
Wife would like a word BB about those er, catalogue frocks....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Aye, but Spain and Greece need their money! In the 70's, if you were rich enough to fly, only your Sunday best was good enough, and you would get looked down on wearing a catalogue frock. Well, I was anyway :(

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:17 am

It would appear that unelected judges and grubby lawyers run the UK.

I hope that the record of these 'learned' charlatans and the practise of the overpaid wankers comes in for some very close scrutiny.

Stick to the law not some barristers wet dreams.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:25 am

Not that I'm suggesting for a second that, yet again, you don't know what you're talking about, but I thought you lot all wanted us to leave the EU so that our directly-elected, makes-you-proud-to-be-British, mother of Parliaments, Parliament could vote on our laws and thus everything would be sweetness and light? I suppose next you'll be telling me there is in fact no extra £350M PER WEEK FOR THE NHS?

The saddest thing about this whole referendum is seeing David "it's DD for me" Davis turned into an executive shill.

It also seems a bit wonky-brained to start slagging off judges as "unelected" when the decision they've made is that there must be a vote by our MPs who are, you know, elected.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am

Prufrock wrote:Not that I'm suggesting for a second that, yet again, you don't know what you're talking about, but I thought you lot all wanted us to leave the EU so that our directly-elected, makes-you-proud-to-be-British, mother of Parliaments, Parliament could vote on our laws and thus everything would be sweetness and light? I suppose next you'll be telling me there is in fact no extra £350M PER WEEK FOR THE NHS?

The saddest thing about this whole referendum is seeing David "it's DD for me" Davis turned into an executive shill.

It also seems a bit wonky-brained to start slagging off judges as "unelected" when the decision they've made is that there must be a vote by our MPs who are, you know, elected.
Your NHS clam laddie, can you point out with your grubby legal expertise the difference between could and would, you see I have not found any evidence of would from the official view.

Why bother having an elected government?
The role of the legal profession needs seriously overhauling, these unelected pounces need bringing into line.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:02 am

There you go - and that's the Foreign Secretary and the Secretary of State for International Trade, by the way:

And the point of an elected Govt (not that we have one by Leavers definitions of "elected", mind, but that's another argument) is to come up with policies and legislate for them. So the Govt. comes up with a budget, sets the tax rates, decides how much funding the NHS gets, who gets what benefits, whether we bomb Syria or not etc...

See if you can spot what all of those exercises carried out by the Govt. have in common (I'll give you a clue, it involves something that rhymes with "Shmarliament").

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:03 am

And FFS you can't keep sniping about judges being "unelected" when the thing you're bitching about is them ruling that the ELECTED MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT have to vote on something.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:19 am

With the lates er, "revelation" that only Parliament can decide on operating clause 50 or whatever, the thought occurs to wonder why we all voted Yay/Nay in the first place? Just a thought....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:19 am

Prufrock wrote:There you go - and that's the Foreign Secretary and the Secretary of State for International Trade, by the way:

And the point of an elected Govt (not that we have one by Leavers definitions of "elected", mind, but that's another argument) is to come up with policies and legislate for them. So the Govt. comes up with a budget, sets the tax rates, decides how much funding the NHS gets, who gets what benefits, whether we bomb Syria or not etc...

See if you can spot what all of those exercises carried out by the Govt. have in common (I'll give you a clue, it involves something that rhymes with "Shmarliament").
'Let's give' is hardly 'we will'

We 'do' have an elected government

11,334,576 v 9,347,304 the leftie scumbags got.

331 seats v 232

Lets go to court to contest it eh? I mean you cannot have the majority deciding who runs the country.

Parliament became a joke when they side stepped the expenses scandal and don't even go near the second chamber and the corpses.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:30 am

Prufrock wrote:And FFS you can't keep sniping about judges being "unelected" when the thing you're bitching about is them ruling that the ELECTED MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT have to vote on something.
Judges have no room in politics nor in deciding UK national policy or how parliament is run.

I am not against parliament debating the leave issue but the objective was plain from the referendum, so no vote for an elite few.

The legal profession is rife with the old boys network and frankly some of the fcukers would be sacked in other occupations.
Merit is a dirty word to folk in your line of work, bankers, George Soros and spivs spring to mind when mentioning legal types.

Snowflakes cannot except the political winter is over.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:33 am

TANGODANCER wrote:With the lates er, "revelation" that only Parliament can decide on operating clause 50 or whatever, the thought occurs to wonder why we all voted Yay/Nay in the first place? Just a thought....
The result did not go the way the 'flakes and gravy train riders thought. :wink:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:40 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:Image
You really shouldn't make fun of Pru and the snowflakes, you might upset their sensitivities.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:52 am

Hoboh wrote:
'Let's give' is hardly 'we will'

We 'do' have an elected government

11,334,576 v 9,347,304 the leftie scumbags got.

331 seats v 232

Lets go to court to contest it eh? I mean you cannot have the majority deciding who runs the country.

Parliament became a joke when they side stepped the expenses scandal and don't even go near the second chamber and the corpses.
[Hoboh *holding car keys*] Let's go to the shops and get you a new bag
[Mrs Hoboh] OK
[Mrs Hoboh] Why are we at the football, you said we were going to get me a new bag
[Hoboh]"Let's go" is hardly "we will"

Yeah, good luck with that.

And no we don't. Which govt did you vote for? Or which did I vote for? I voted for a candidate for a constituency MP, nothing more, nothing less. Sure, you could argue that the govt. is indirectly formed from those MPs but then you'd have to admit that the EU council is elected... so which is it?

Parliament debated and then decided to have an advisory referendum. That's not a legal quibble, but what our elected Parliament voted for. The AV referendum was not advisory, so it's not an oversight, they knew they could make it mandatory, and it's clear that making it advisory is deliberately what Parliament intended to do. That's how our constitution works. That constitution that David Davis and the like were so keen to uphold, Parliamentary sovereignty ra-ra-rah and all that.

I think MPs would be daft to vote against triggering Article 50 unless what was proposed was absolutely lunatic (way beyond how anyone might describe leaving itself as lunatic), but our constitutional law is clear that Parliament have to be consulted.

Which is what you all claimed you wanted by the way.