20/20 world cup

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 20/20 world cup

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:38 pm

In the bag now for the Windies.

Think the game turned in Samuels being not out. That extra inch of carry and I reckon England had this.

That's the luck in this game I guess. And the West Indies have had plenty. 3 players out to no balls in the semi final.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:In the bag now for the Windies.

Think the game turned in Samuels being not out. That extra inch of carry and I reckon England had this.

That's the luck in this game I guess. And the West Indies have had plenty. 3 players out to no balls in the semi final.
You sure?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:01 pm

yup - nowt more certain.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:In the bag now for the Windies.

You sure?
Yes. Good sides chase down what was left.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:05 pm

I do not believe those first three deliveries from Stokes.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I do not believe those first three deliveries from Stokes.
Not bad balls.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not bad balls.
You what? The first two especially were a fecking disgrace!!!

And if they weren't bad balls then where did they end up?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not bad balls.

England bowl Yorker length at the death. They were fine, the batting just better. None were perfect but they weren't far off. Game just favours big hitters and they have them in abundance.

Virtually the same balls tied NZ right up.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:12 pm

F*ck me Insane. You are such a WUM i'm not even goin to bother.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Our whole lead and chance to win gone with four smacks in the last over. 22 needed and got off just six balls make the over a total bowling disaster.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not bad balls.

England bowl Yorker length at the death. They were fine, the batting just better. None were perfect but they weren't far off. Game just favours big hitters and they have them in abundance.

It clearly ain't a fecking yorker if it sails over the long on boundary. "Yorker length" if the batsman comes towards you moves towards you too. So you need to judge Yorker length from the batsman's feet not where their mark is.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:F*ck me Insane. You are such a WUM i'm not even goin to bother.
Aye because someone bowling balls perhaps an inch out from perfect is ridiculous.

They got under the ball and they flew. But they are powerful players who swing hard and can clear boundaries.

This is the game now. Yorkers are being phased out because they need to be perfect and even then they can still go. But that has been England's plan for the death and it worked before but not today.

It was incredible striking. Sometimes you have to hold your hand up and give the opposition credit.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not bad balls.

Yorkers? They were dollies down the leg side FFS! You type some shit, you!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not bad balls.

Yorkers? They were dollies down the leg side FFS! You type some shit, you!
Chill out. They were Yorker length. Jordan got away with a couple the previous over, Stokes didn't.

I keep saying, this game favours the batsman. 19 off the last over was by no means safe and I wouldn't blame Stokes. What he was trying to do has a huge margin of error.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Chill out. They were Yorker length. Jordan got away with a couple the previous over, Stokes didn't.

I keep saying, this game favours the batsman. 19 off the last over was by no means safe and I wouldn't blame Stokes. What he was trying to do has a huge margin of error.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that he absolutely capitulated. A yorker, by the way, for me, is aimed at the toes. Something at "yorker length" that goes down leg is pretty much a full toss.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

It should have been. Four fours (unlikely) instead of sixes woukd still have left three singles off two balls. I'm almost tempted ( when younger of course) to say I could have bowled an over and guaranteed not to get 19 scored off it by xxxxxx Len Hutton.... :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

It should have been. Four fours (unlikely) instead of sixes woukd still have left three singles off two balls. I'm almost tempted ( when younger of course) to say I could have bowled an over and guaranteed not to get 19 scored off it by xxxxxx Len Hutton.... :wink:
Well T20 is a very different game. And in the last few years it has become a batsman's game.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think that he absolutely capitulated. A yorker, by the way, for me, is aimed at the toes. Something at "yorker length" that goes down leg is pretty much a full toss.
Aye in the final analysis perhaps England shouldn't have gone Yorker length with 19 needed. It doesn't take much margin for the batsman to be able to get under it.

Perhaps they should have gone slow ball bouncers. But they can get the treatment too, I suppose you just have a little more margin for error.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm

This is cock-endery of the highest water. A Yorker is a ball that lands at the batsman's feet/bottom of the bat. If it doesn't do that, it's not "Yorker length". Yorker length isn't a static point of the pitch.

Balls one and two were at least two/three yards short of Yorker length. Ball three was a closer but still a yard or two short. Not seen a decent side on replay of ball four, but I guarantee it was nowhere near Yorker length.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Well T20 is a very different game. And in the last few years it has become a batsman's game.
I'm aware of what T20 is BCFCI, but nothing excuses four sixes in the last over of a World Championship final being anything but bad. And " please" listen to what people are saying: A yorker isn't a length, it's wherever the batsman's toes happen to be.