The Masters 2016

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

The Masters 2016

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:56 am

Think I might nip out at lunch and have a couple o' Quid each way on Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy and Jason Day.

Whaddust think?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Masters 2016

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:02 am

Sounds like a fair bet. :lol:

Tips:
Best placed debutant: K.Kisner
First round leader: C Hoffman
Kuchar each way is always worth a punt. Scott and Bubba are the other favourites. Like the look of Oosthuizen this week if his putter behaves and Zach Johnson too (always got time for Zach). It is a bombers paradise. Dustin J will blow up in round 3 or 4 after looking invincible for two days.

It's wide open between about 10-15 players. There's about 20-25 in the field who can't win. Past winners Lyle, Woosie, Tom Watson, Immelman, Weir etc and then some debutants and amateurs who have little-to-no chance (no amateurs made the cut last year).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:11 am

It's a bit difficult to see beyond Speith for anything at the moment. Might have a sneaky e-w on Rose...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:58 am

Scott, Rose and Speith to fight for second place behind McIllroy. Hoping Westwood Clark and Poulter might figure, and sad to see Miguel Angel Jiminez doesn't seem to have made the qualifiers.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Ended up putting (can you see what I did there, eh? ;) ) a fiver EW on Spieth and a fiver EW on Garcia. Show me the money :oyea:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Ended up putting (can you see what I did there, eh? ;) ) a fiver EW on Spieth and a fiver EW on Garcia. Show me the money :oyea:
oh no you didn't?! As much as I'd love Garcia to do well and finally make a breakthrough, this tournament is the one of the four Majors that he's least likely to win!

Good luck! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Ended up putting (can you see what I did there, eh? ;) ) a fiver EW on Spieth and a fiver EW on Garcia. Show me the money :oyea:
oh no you didn't?! As much as I'd love Garcia to do well and finally make a breakthrough, this tournament is the one of the four Majors that he's least likely to win!

66/1. I'm gonna be rich :D

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Good odds! - how far each way? top 5? He might do it, but he aint 66/1 for nowt!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:14 pm

It's a bit hard to look beyond MacIllroy, Speith or Day all being even......but it never is, is it..... :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Good odds! - how far each way? top 5? He might do it, but he aint 66/1 for nowt!
Top 5 yes. The Masters and The Open are the two things that I regularly have a wee flutter on, and I usually bet on two players. One a pretty safe one (Speith 10/1) and a less safe one with decent odds (Garcia 66/1) both EW.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

I reckon you should get us all a beer today, on the strength of it!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Does anyone know if there's a TV highlights package on later? I'm struggling to find one.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Does anyone know if there's a TV highlights package on later? I'm struggling to find one.
I seem to recall last year, you could find diddly on terrestrial, until the Saturday (which seems to be the case this year, coz it's on BBC1/2 on Saturday...)

You can probably go round to Bob's and watch it on his new set-up for £20 or so, it's on Sky Sports 4.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Does anyone know if there's a TV highlights package on later? I'm struggling to find one.
I seem to recall last year, you could find diddly on terrestrial, until the Saturday (which seems to be the case this year, coz it's on BBC1/2 on Saturday...)

You can probably go round to Bob's and watch it on his new set-up for £20 or so, it's on Sky Sports 4.
When he bought a Burnden Park turnstile I just thought he was being nostalgic. ;)

Got live coverage coming up on Sky Sports 1 now. Much prefer coverage on the Beeb, to be honest. Peter Allis, Hazel Irvine and Ken on the course are a great team.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Ernie Els has broken my record by three: Seven putts on the first.. :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Ernie Els has broken my record by three: Seven putts on the first.. :shock:
They were all within about 2/3' too. Even when he got it to the sort of distance where you don't set yourself and try to knock it in one handed - that missed 'n all!

Wow.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Ernie Els has broken my record by three: Seven putts on the first.. :shock:
They were all within about 2/3' too. Even when he got it to the sort of distance where you don't set yourself and try to knock it in one handed - that missed 'n all!

Wow.
I remember doing something similar on The Carrick. You need to mark it and take a breath. That said, I'm a rank amateur having a round with his mates, not a Major-winning pro playing in The Masters!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Staggeringly poor for Ernie. Yippy in his old age. Needed the belly anchor. Sad times.

You couldn't pay me to watch Jason Day. Undoubtedly a huge talent and will win many, many tournaments and Majors. But he should start On The Clock and get some stroke penalties here and there. "Deliberate" barely covers it. Man it's so boring. Hit The Thing!!!!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:49 am

Heard about Els this morning. Can anyone be a love and post a video or a link to it?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Heard about Els this morning. Can anyone be a love and post a video or a link to it?

Here you go http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/35994630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;