The Masters 2016

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: The Masters 2016

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Heard about Els this morning. Can anyone be a love and post a video or a link to it?

Here you go http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/35994630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers Bruce. Blimey :shock: That was almost difficult to watch!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Heard about Els this morning. Can anyone be a love and post a video or a link to it?

Here you go http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/35994630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers Bruce. Blimey :shock: That was almost difficult to watch!
Not that difficult to emulate though.. :oops: Mind I'd be a bit pi$$ed taking 6 from there...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:34 am

Intriguing second round.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:12 am

Rory the only leader under par on windy Friday and tied for the low round of the day.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Brilliant though they are, not ideal having Rory and Speith playing together in the third round.. Hope that works out for Rory and they play the course instead of worrying about each other.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Speith really is one hell of a golfer. He's so much in control of his play.There he goes again, five under.Rory Mac doing nothing really wrong, but no on his game like Speith. Too soon to worry about much yet. Great to see Bernhardt Langer still playing so well.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Rory dropping away some right now. Not having much going his way and goes to two over. He keeps cool and is a fighter, so.....Speith still leading the field at 3 under.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:29 am

Gee, Mac can't buy a birdie putt..Spieth drops a couple of shots on the 18th. Tomorrow should be good. Mac now two over and Spieth three under and they won't play together because half a dozen players are between them. Spieth kept the tee honour right up to the 17th and then when Mac took the lead gave away three shots. Loved the brilliantly named Bryson de Chambeau. Sounds like somebody out of the Three Musketeers... :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:47 am

All set up nicely for tomorrow. Poor day for Mcilroy. No press interview - so got to question where his head's at currently. Kaufman looked good today as did Langer and Day, but we don't really want anyone called Smylie winning it, do we? Whatever next...

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:37 am

Worthy4England wrote:All set up nicely for tomorrow. Poor day for Mcilroy. No press interview - so got to question where his head's at currently. Kaufman looked good today as did Langer and Day, but we don't really want anyone called Smylie winning it, do we? Whatever next...
Certainly not. I usually have a flutter on and old timer at the Masters (usually Couples and occasionally Langer) but this year decided against it. I thought the conditions would have blown Langer away.

Amazed that Smylie Kaufman is playing in his first Masters. He's in great touch. Spieth opened the door last night. It could be Westwood's if he gets a flying start, consolidates mid-round and then finishes strongly from 13-in. Good luck to him. Not had the best couple of years moving back from the States after a divorce. Would be amazed if he clinched it. Shoots 68/67 and it could be his.

Having said that, I can't see past Matsuyama or Spieth. Experience pays, especially with the Sunday pins.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:06 am

Not foolish enough to take anything for granted in golf. Spieth really is the business though and it's his to lose right now. Not sure if Matsuyama can hold it, but not pretending I know much about him. Langer I doubt will get near enough to win and, unless he burns thr course up Rory has a real job on getting up there. He reckons five shots is gettable, but probably so does Spieth. Should be a cracking last round.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:01 pm

I've got butterflies for this. Don't know what the guys on the course must feel like. Come on Rory Mac and Lee Westwood (and anybody else who might win it for the sceptred isle... :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I've got butterflies for this. Don't know what the guys on the course must feel like. Come on Rory Mac and Lee Westwood (and anybody else who might win it for the sceptred isle... :wink:
Then you should be thinking Willett I think.
Last edited by Montreal Wanderer on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I've got butterflies for this. Don't know what the guys on the course must feel like. Come on Rory Mac and Lee Westwood (and anybody else who might win it for the sceptred isle... :wink:
Oh, I'm thinking Monty, believe me. I'm also thinking that if Lee Westwood had made just half of his decent puttable chances he would be in the lead. Tee to green he's faultless but they just won't drop..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Oh, I'm thinking Monty, believe me. I'm also thinking that if Lee Westwood had made just half of his decent puttable chances he would be in the lead. Tee to green he's faultless but they just won't drop..
Aye. Story of Lee Westwood right there....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:12 pm

That's the story of Westwood's career...they've started using "strokes gained: Putting" to PGA tour stats. Westy's at -2.8. so his putting loses him nearly 3 shots per round against other players "par" putting...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Oh wow. Rory's having a mare. In the drink again. He's out of it...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:15 pm

16th hole, Louis. WTF? :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:39 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:16th hole, Louis. WTF? :shock:
:lol: Hey, Willet one behind and Spieth just knocked one in the water.....watch this space...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:44 pm

Double wow.