In two minds

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: In two minds

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Plot thickens

I was employed as a fitter! Includes -Carpentry, plumbing window fitting etc! 2 guys left! Both happened to be sprayers! I said I'd fill in for abit turned out i quite liked it!

They sent 2 of us on a course to bristol ( this was under the previous mangement), but it got canceled when we got there! That was a year ago! That's another thing I've been asking about! I'm not trained to use the spray gun! I'm self taught! Sounds like a broken record I know but I keep getting told ill get it!

It's a massive company, I'd go as far as to say they're the biggest in there field! They trade under different names throughout the world but essentially there all one company!

Business is slow at the minute! But I know for a fact PPE is suppose to be paramount! Head office use to do the budgeting but this year it's down to the managers of every depo ro watch what they spend! I'd imagine PPE would have its own budget! He moans like a kid when we need materials but he eventually gives in! I think he's playing on our loyaltys!

I didn't want it to got his far! I don't want him to get in trouble! But the lame fecking excuses have take its toll!

I've noticed it down the gym these past few weeks! I'm gassing alot quicker than I did before! I've just got married and have kids! It's starting to bother me!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 1:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:It's also worth keeping note of dates, conversations etc, along with any emails or written notes. All handy should any form of dispute arise in future.

Cheers Tango

We do but don't really get chance to speak to him as the manger sticks to him like shit! He's down today in actual fact! That kind of prompted me to do this!

As he's a company man I'm scared that he'd be for the company! Yes, I'd get my mask! But would sweep the last year or so under the rug! I blame myself for not doing something earlier! I'm a fairly new employee and you know what it's like! You want to impress and just get on with your work! As we got on, I suppose I believed that he'd get me what I needed! It ain't just me, it's others aswell!

5 years ago I'd have probably wacked him and walked straight out the gate! But I've matured alot in 5 years! That's why it's so bloody frustrating!

I appreciate the help fellas, I really do! Had to talk to someone as it's been bothering me for a while now! Haven't even mentioned anything to my wife yet!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:It's also worth keeping note of dates, conversations etc, along with any emails or written notes. All handy should any form of dispute arise in future.

I will for now on, cheers

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Ok, so they're almost bound to have some Corporate Policies in relation to PPE/Employee welfare etc. on the Company intranet? They almost certainly have someone responsible for regulatory compliance etc.

His looking good at your expense shouldn't be an option that the company tolerates (might be worth checking if they have open door policies etc.)

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Will do Worthy! Will have a good read tonight.

I just want to cover all bases before I decide on what it is I'm going to do. Should I go to the quacks and see if it's having an immediate affect on my health? I don't smoke, I don't drink and I don't suffer with asthma! But I have noticed a difference in my stamina down the gym!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 04, 2016 7:39 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:BOBO!!!!!!!!
Drop me a PM Plymouth.

I've read the thread and sounds like it should be sortable ... it's not like it's a lot of money & even if things are tight getting the proper equipment pays dividends. It's more about HOW you go about it with slippery characters.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 04, 2016 7:41 pm

Another bit, Plymouth - if you're in auto-refinishing, do your sanders contain dust extraction?
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Cheers BOBO!

that's what i'm worried about! being shat on!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Another bit, Plymouth - if you're in auto-refinishing, do your sanders contain dust extraction?

I'm not in auto - refinishing Bruce!

I don't use it often but no it does't have a dust extraction!

I use a grinder everyday - cutting and feathering in with fish tail discs

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:BOBO!!!!!!!!
Drop me a PM Plymouth.

I've read the thread and sounds like it should be sortable ... it's not like it's a lot of money & even if things are tight getting the proper equipment pays dividends. It's more about HOW you go about it with slippery characters.
pmed mate

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 05, 2016 12:53 am

I hope BOBO helped you mate, I know roughly the ins and outs but diplomacy was never one of my fortes :wink:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu May 05, 2016 6:49 am

Cheers mate! I'm currently talking to BOBO so we'll see what happens

I appreciate everyone's help!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 05, 2016 9:25 am

Had a word with our Production Director about your situation, Plymouth. He sent me this link for you.

Hope it helps.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/employees/prot ... t-work.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One question he did have though - are you self-employed?
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 am

Cheers Bruce! Lovely thing to do!

Not self-emplyed mate! I'm a bonafide employee!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 05, 2016 12:29 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
I use grindr everyday
I wouldn't be telling them that. Even Bobo couldn't get you off!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
I use grindr everyday
I wouldn't be telling them that. Even Bobo couldn't get you off!

Unless Bobo's on Grindr too! :shock: :lol: