Video from 1962

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wanderer1962
Hopeful
Hopeful

Video from 1962

Post by wanderer1962 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello

I 'm from Greece.
Some friends of mine are looking for the video of a match between AEK of Athens and Bolton Wanderers from 1962.
Those years we had only cinema newsreels - the "epikaira" which was like the British Pathe films but the person in charge of the national archives says that a flood destroyed many of them several years ago, in the eighties.
The reason why there is a slender chance it may have survived is that it was a match held in honour of the Greek royal family, the centennial celebrations. There were some special programs in illustration paper and also royals invited to attend the match. Maybe the young prince Charles ? It's possible but I don't remember exactly who was present.
Could the club be asked about it ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Video from 1962

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 05, 2016 8:23 pm

wanderer1962 wrote:Hello

I 'm from Greece.
Some friends of mine are looking for the video of a match between AEK of Athens and Bolton Wanderers from 1962.
Those years we had only cinema newsreels - the "epikaira" which was like the British Pathe films but the person in charge of the national archives says that a flood destroyed many of them several years ago, in the eighties.
The reason why there is a slender chance it may have survived is that it was a match held in honour of the Greek royal family, the centennial celebrations. There were some special programs in illustration paper and also royals invited to attend the match. Maybe the young prince Charles ? It's possible but I don't remember exactly who was present.
I think yes, probably. Was it at Bolton?

There is (or maybe was with the current turmoil) a Club Historian (the Club Secretary) - Simon Marland. I'm trying to dig out his e-mail address...anyone else have it?

Found it. [email protected]

wanderer1962
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Video from 1962

Post by wanderer1962 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
wanderer1962 wrote:Hello

I 'm from Greece.
I think yes, probably. Was it at Bolton?

There is (or maybe was with the current turmoil) a Club Historian (the Club Secretary) - Simon Marland. I'm trying to dig out his e-mail address...anyone else have it?

Found it. [email protected]
The match was in Athens.
Thank you, I will write to mr. Marland.
If we find it, it will be a gift to football legend of Greece Kostas Nestoridis.