Footy mad boy from Sunderland needs your help

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Footy mad boy from Sunderland needs your help

Post by daib0 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:39 am

As some of you know, I do quite a lot of inter-forum stuff, but I always try to be neutral when I'm not on for Reading FC matters. So ...The Sunderland admin lady on the Black Cat Chat forum has asked me if I could reproduce this on more forums ... so please do take a read and go to the link underneath. Any spare pennies would be really welcomed... but equally a message on any social network would be a good help too.

Here it is:

"Bradley Lowery is a Sunderland mad lad who loves his footy. Unfortunately, Bradley also suffers with a rare form of cancer called neuroblastoma, which can only be treated in the USA. In order to get there, Bradley's family need to rase more than £700,000, and we intend to help him get there and to help him continue to roar the Lads on for many more years to come! If ever there was a young lad deserving of your help and ours, then Bradley is that young lad. We aim to do our bit to help get this young boy the treatment he so richly deserves. Please, help us to help Bradley. Any and all donations are welcome."

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/NECharityFootball

'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Footy mad boy from Sunderland needs your help

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:02 pm

I am somewhat curious to know what treatment is only available in the US. Treatments for neuroblastoma, depending on the nature and stage of the illness, include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, stem cell transplants and retinoids and immunotherapy, or some combination of these. These are available in most first world countries. If a treatment is not available here under the Medicare system it pays for you to go to the US or elsewhere for an approved treatment, or purchase special drugs. Does the UK offer no such provision?

What is this treatment not available in, for example, France or Canada?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:01 pm

yep, just read on the BBC site the target has been achieved. Bradley was a mascot for the Sunderland Everton game on Monday night. Everton made a donation of £200,000 to help the appeal.

Good luck to the little fella for his treatment.
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:01 am

£700,000 that seems extremely expensive given most appeals for treatment in the US usually are in the £30-100 thou range. :conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:30 am

Hoboh wrote:£700,000 that seems extremely expensive given most appeals for treatment in the US usually are in the £30-100 thou range. :conf:

Oh, an expert on the price of treatments now are we? What the feck does it matter to you how much has been raised so long as it's enough to cover the kid's treatment? Send him and his family on a dream trip around the world with the change if there's enough. feck knows they've earned it.

Once again, keep your brain-dead, risible remarks to yourself.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:27 am

Hoboh wrote:£700,000 that seems extremely expensive given most appeals for treatment in the US usually are in the £30-100 thou range. :conf:

Given that the average cost (according to estimates I quickly googled) are approximately £70,000 a week in an ICU bed, to say nothing of the treatment pre and post op it would not take long to eat into that.

Very glad for our NHS when my son was ill. The amount of time he spent in ICU after his surgery would have bankrupted me in a less humanitarian, profit driven system.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Oh, an expert on the price of treatments now are we? What the feck does it matter to you how much has been raised so long as it's enough to cover the kid's treatment? Send him and his family on a dream trip around the world with the change if there's enough. feck knows they've earned it.

Bad hang over mate, seems like it!

Coming to something when you cannot pass a simple comment!

And my brain dead friend, treatment is available in the UK

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancerinfor ... stoma.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never said anything about the treatment, merely it seemed expensive.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:12 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bad hang over mate, seems like it!

Coming to something when you cannot pass a simple comment!

And my brain dead friend, treatment is available in the UK

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancerinfor ... stoma.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never said anything about the treatment, merely it seemed expensive.
Again, have a read up on a few of the facts prior to publishing your gobshittery and you stand to make less of a bellend of yourself.

He IS being treated in the UK, but needs to go to New York for his op.

The bill to keep the kid alive could run into millions depending on how he reacts to surgery.
May the bridges I burn light your way