Anyone a Kodi expert??

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:33 am

I've just recently moved into the world of online streaming.

I've got an Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 installed.

I'm streaming 1080 films with no problems whatsoever, but it's struggling (constant buffering) with live HD football.

Has anyone any idea as to why??

It's a great investment for the movies. I can live without the football, but if I'm doing anything daft, I'd sooner have a go at sorting it!!
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:10 am

Isn't he the Ugandan chap that kidnapped all the kids?
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8174
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:54 am

Andy Waller wrote:I've just recently moved into the world of online streaming.

I've got an Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 installed.

I'm streaming 1080 films with no problems whatsoever, but it's struggling (constant buffering) with live HD football.

Has anyone any idea as to why??

It's a great investment for the movies. I can live without the football, but if I'm doing anything daft, I'd sooner have a go at sorting it!!
I googled how to clear the cache. That's supposed to help.Not sure if it does.

PS Keep the kids away from it like Bruce says.
...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:06 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I've just recently moved into the world of online streaming.

I've got an Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 installed.

I'm streaming 1080 films with no problems whatsoever, but it's struggling (constant buffering) with live HD football.

Has anyone any idea as to why??

It's a great investment for the movies. I can live without the football, but if I'm doing anything daft, I'd sooner have a go at sorting it!!
I googled how to clear the cache. That's supposed to help.Not sure if it does.

PS Keep the kids away from it like Bruce says.
I've tried that, it might be the size of my RAM. (usually the excuse of the Welsh)

I'd let Old Joe Kony off his child catching antics if he could get me Sky Sports for nowt.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3902
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Swashbucklin in Brooklyn

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:07 pm

I got some reset instructions from the bloke who sold me mine. I could forward those to you if it might help? I struggled with mine but it seemed to be Ok after the reset.
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I got some reset instructions from the bloke who sold me mine. I could forward those to you if it might help? I struggled with mine but it seemed to be Ok after the reset.
Thanks Bob, I'll try it!
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:30 am

i have similar issues. a;ways assumed it was because were receiving live images rather than a movie that is stored on a hard drive somewhere, in other words more to do with the broadcaster than the Kodi? this could be complete bollocks like..... but such an amazing bit of kit for the fillums!!

there are tons of tutorials/ instructions to follow on the internet how to install new add-ons etc. pretty convoluted stuff but usually works!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:05 am

General Mannerheim wrote:i have similar issues. a;ways assumed it was because were receiving live images rather than a movie that is stored on a hard drive somewhere, in other words more to do with the broadcaster than the Kodi? this could be complete bollocks like..... but such an amazing bit of kit for the fillums!!

there are tons of tutorials/ instructions to follow on the internet how to install new add-ons etc. pretty convoluted stuff but usually works!

What device are you using GM?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Anyone a Kodi expert??

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:51 pm

its an android TV box, M8 i think.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests