Six Nations 2017...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Six Nations 2017...

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:21 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:32 am
Yesssssssss. Been a long time.
Didn't get to see it but it sounded a scrappy affair. At least their coach agreed we deserved the win. Was that a fair assumption?
Just about VS 14 for most of the match. The idea with 15 v 14 is little different than footy. Retain possession, stretch them, let them concede penalties. Instead we struggled with giving them penalties, but scored two good tries.

So on balance, yes we deserved to win it. I'm not a huge believer in "deserved to". You win because you score more than the opposition which is all that counts. Had they scored 9 penalties to win 27-24, they'd have deserved to win it..

I'm struggling to work out why Itoji wasn't on from the start in test 1. The only thing I can come up with is he felt he had to play Kruis and couldn't drop Jones. In the event, Kruis didn't have a good game so it helped to make the decision for him.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:17 am

How the Lions came out of that with a drawn series is beyond me. Dug deep in the end. If they're feeling disappointed, show 'em that first half again, they' ll probably come round to a draw not being too bad after all. Great series to watch. Onto the cricket...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:17 am
How the Lions came out of that with a drawn series is beyond me. Dug deep in the end. If they're feeling disappointed, show 'em that first half again, they' ll probably come round to a draw not being too bad after all. Great series to watch. Onto the cricket...
Thought we were going to nick it when we broke from their try late on, then, within a minute they were all over us. What did you make of the 'accidental offside'? I thought it might have been a knock-on by the Kiwi, but it did all happen very quickly.

Drawn series after being one down against the best side in the world? We have to be happy with that, no?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Think if that offside happens in the first 5 minutes, he probably give a penalty to assert his authority. I'm not quite in the same place with Read "challenging for the ball" I didn't think he was really anywhere near it so he not too unreasonably make a nuisance of himself whilst we're in the air. Wasn't a knock on from what I saw.

I'm delighted, we lost 0-3 last time we were over there. It's easy to assume that because we're picking from "the best" that we're bound to be stronger, but reality is, they have 3/4 weeks (prior to the first test) to get to know folks that don't play together on a regular basis against teams that do play together on a regular basis.

Contemplating starting saving for the Saffers...only problem is, the Sheila will all of a sudden "get interested in Rugby"...