Where are they now... ex forum bandits?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are they now... ex forum bandits?

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:47 am
In a couple of weeks it will be 12 years since I first came over here, persuaded by Crayons, from the old 666 site. A lot of folk have come and gone and time marches on. In earlier days I met Bench, Keveh, Bruce, Crazyhorse, Bobo, Zulu, Commie, Batman, H.R.G, the Northern Irish lad?, Pete? Crayons, Worthy, WT.W, Warthog, Apathy, SuperKev and quite a few others ,( apologies for anyone missed) for a pint at games. (never did get to meet thebish despite our verbal battles on here). Strange thing was that quite a few of them were nothing like they seemed on here; Batman and Commie for instance were great lads to have a pint with and despite a few spats with both, I'd still do the same if I ever meet them again. We're all a bit older now (and maybe a bit more mellow and sensible :wink: ), and it's a shame the forum is so sparse now. Maybe this season will bring a few members back, who know?
Just realized I've been on here a few months longer than you, Tango, and I thought you'd been here forever! I came over from Bolton Banter with Bruce, Commie, Gertie, SKD et al after some dustup involving the legendary Pigsfoot (his speed record for getting banned from sites may never be surpassed). I can see the need for bans but I find them unfortunate especially when permanent. We've lost some interesting people, while some still here are now silent as the grave(digger).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 pm

^^
Seems a fair while ago now Monty. I came hear under the salubrious title of "Meat Pie and Chips" from 666 originally. I remember you and Dujon being there early days. Soldier of the White Army was also here back then amongst others when we were writing novels and things on site, Moff Gimmers too. A few have been on and off with different titles. I miss that sort of activity and banter we had then.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:17 am

Indeed, chaps and chapesses come and go; marriage, family, work, other interests and nose-out-of-joint all contribute to the ebb and flow. The general input volume, though, does seem to have reduced considerably over the past few years. Perhaps we, as a group, are taking life far too seriously these days. What, with the plebiscite and then General Elections, politics appeared to creep into every facet of the site, which to me seemed a shame. Not that it's any of my business seeing as I don't have to suffer the vagaries of England's parliaments (we've got our own bunch of politicians, just as inept as yours, thank you).

Of course there's also the plummet from the heights of the Premier League and European competition which, no doubt, has affected some BWFC followers. Ticket prices turning people away from the game, or not getting started in the first place? I've seen some of the cost of tickets to games and they horrify me; I certainly couldn't afford to attend - not even as a one-off treat - as I'd prefer to spend on some other interest. Then again, I'm a follower from afar, not part of your community and as such could be classed as a non-rabid fan of the club. The Club has certainly not made much from my income (one book and one shirt, the latter bought for me by my sister as a gift - I still have it somewhere - when she lived in Leigh).

If memory serves me correctly I joined the site 40-minutes too late to claim attendance on it's first day; the time difference got in the way. :) It's been an interesting few years. You are also graced by my presence, if not my posting, every day. Yes, I too miss some of our past contributors; Leyther, Matt, who grew up, married and took on the burden of father and breadwinner; Perfan with her growing brood; the lass with the twins (Gooner Girl?) and many more, including the lately departed thebish and Bobo.

Struth, I'm becoming garrulous in my dotage. :(

Ivan the Terrible
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ivan the Terrible » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 pm
^^
Seems a fair while ago now Monty. I came hear under the salubrious title of "Meat Pie and Chips" from 666 originally. I remember you and Dujon being there early days. Soldier of the White Army was also here back then amongst others when we were writing novels and things on site, Moff Gimmers too. A few have been on and off with different titles. I miss that sort of activity and banter we had then.
After a quick skim through, after months away, the site feels 'sparse'. The new mobile interface (on Windows at least) is a bit shit too...
Hey ho.