Manchester Arena

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Manchester Arena

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:08 pm
You'd think anyone who wrote the words 'another disaster' might finally be getting somewhere.

It's possible.
Are you trying to say they are all the fault of the government then?
None of this would happen under Comrade Corbyn's leadership or on his watch?
I am sick to the back teeth of the needless loss of innocent lives and injuries and sick to death now of political opportunists, there are plenty of fingers that could be pointed in the direction of the Labour party no matter how old/new this lot want to be.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 am

I don't really understand any of these arguments. Rational people can only react with horror about these atrocities whether they are politicians or ordinary folk. Sure, some politicians handle things better than others, but they are all horrified. The London tower seem to me to be terror by neglect, and surely more people died there than in London Bridge, Manchester Arena and Finsbury put together. These are terrible events and the guilty (if alive) should pay the legal penalty, but should we really blame May because she doesn't react as well as Corbyn? They all hate these events equally, as do we all.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:22 am

Everyone seemed happy enough to blame Labour for a global financial meltdown. So fcuk em.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:22 am
Everyone seemed happy enough to blame Labour for a global financial meltdown. So fcuk em.
It's raining, no sun and cooler today.

I blame you, you miserable barsteward!

Fcuk ewe.

:wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 am

I don't like this hot weather coming in from the EU. I'm going to build a huge umbrella across the UK to stop it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 am
I don't like this hot weather coming in from the EU. I'm going to build a huge umbrella across the UK to stop it.
Don't be silly, they were practising their negotiations that is where all the hot air is coming from.

Actually (and I think you will like this), I reckon May and co will stitch us up like kippers in these negotiations. It would seem there are far more wimps out there than can be imagined, frightened of their own shadow seeking safe spaces, I recommend they learn German, fast!
At least at my age I probably will not be around when Deutschland Uber Alles is our national anthem.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Don't be silly, they were practising their negotiations that is where all the hot air is coming from.

Actually (and I think you will like this), I reckon May and co will stitch us up like kippers in these negotiations. It would seem there are far more wimps out there than can be imagined, frightened of their own shadow seeking safe spaces, I recommend they learn German, fast!
At least at my age I probably will not be around when Deutschland Uber Alles is our national anthem.
You're one of these "We'd all be speaking German if we hadn't won the war" types, aren't you?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:47 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 am
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

You're one of these "We'd all be speaking German if we hadn't won the war" types, aren't you?!
You've only just figured that out? :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:47 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

A long held suspicion, Worthy. ;)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

This is great news. One day we're going to win the World Cup! I do want us to get through this with the minimum of fuss and disruption.

Seriously though, I reckon if I looked hard enough, I could find the odd post that might have mentioned there wasn't much detail on what "out" looked like. This was met with derision (mainly by you) as it was announced as being "Red, White and Blue" - look at all the detail there.

Yesterday, there was a bloke on the radio who voted out, who just spotted that a significant proportion of his entire business was reliant on seasonal (predominantly Romanian) labour and it could be out of business in two years. You couldn't make it up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 02381.html

As the politically intelligent group (rather than the snowflakes) I sorta assumed that there was some cunning plan, but you just hadn't told us what it was, because no one could be that fcuking stupid to vote for nothing - especially not our wise old owls. Now I find, actually there was no fcking plan at all. I'm stunned and surprised. I'd at least be expecting a month by month breakdown on how the NHS was going to get it's £350m a week. But no, I find that actually no one knows what the feck the outcome will look like, because it wasn't actually written down anywhere. So like 12 months ago, it's all in peoples heads and is now being interpreted by others.

At least we got off to a great start given we hold all the cards and the "row of the summer" over the negotiating timetable was an absolute pot-boiler as we caved in, in around 30 minutes on the negotiating timetable. (I made the 30 minutes bit up, but I don't care). This is apparently "entirely consistent with our long term negotiating position" - that's gotta be a worry, we have a long term negotiating position of "cave in?" - although the month prior it was "totally illogical". Maybe they cut us some slack over the exit bill - which is going to be zero according to the bullish. That'll be it, aye.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Spooky - I hadn't even posted yet! :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 am

One year on it's striking that no-one is arguing leaving will be good anymore, instead we're going to make the least shit exit possible.

Hooray.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:57 am

Meanwhile, whilst we're flunking Brexit, we have the perfect economic storm brewing. Rising inflation and shrinking wages. Allied against a backdrop of an economy only just about staying out of recession, primarily because of consumer spending.

You don't need to be an economic 'expert' to know where this is heading.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:15 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Spooky - I hadn't even posted yet! :-)
Apologies to you and Insaneyo. :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:22 am

Worthy4England wrote:
As the politically intelligent group (rather than the snowflakes) I sorta assumed that there was some cunning plan, but you just hadn't told us what it was, because no one could be that fcuking stupid to vote for nothing - especially not our wise old owls.
As I've mentioned several times to anyone that'd listen (and a few others), in the weeks leading up to the referendum I listened to Lord Mervyn King being interviewed and even he, one of our cleverest clogs, said that he hadn't a bloody clue as to what might happen if Britain voted out, but white van man seems to think he has it taped.

We will regret this decision for the rest of our lives. I should also point out that on Wednesday this week it was announced that we are to close our Bury site in Q4 18 with production being shifted to Germany at the cost of 30 jobs.

Well done Britain.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:30 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:22 am
Worthy4England wrote:
As the politically intelligent group (rather than the snowflakes) I sorta assumed that there was some cunning plan, but you just hadn't told us what it was, because no one could be that fcuking stupid to vote for nothing - especially not our wise old owls.
As I've mentioned several times to anyone that'd listen (and a few others), in the weeks leading up to the referendum I listened to Lord Mervyn King being interviewed and even he, one of our cleverest clogs, said that he hadn't a bloody clue as to what might happen if Britain voted out, but white van man seems to think he has it taped.

We will regret this decision for the rest of our lives. I should also point out that on Wednesday this week it was announced that we are to close our Bury site in Q4 18 with production being shifted to Germany at the cost of 30 jobs.

Well done Britain.
Is it any wonder though? I watched QT last night. There was that odious Oborne bloke from the Daily Mail. He got a round of applause from half the audience for arguing that Britain should stop spending and "live within its means". That is the quality of argument presented. Reducing a national economy down to a household fecking budget. And people lap it up. A know-nowt bloke giving trite economic one-liners out is seen by some in this country as "authoritative".

Forget the countless economists who actually study this. Just listen to someone shouting angrily and loudly. That'll be reet....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:30 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Well done Britain.
Is it any wonder though? I watched QT last night. There was that odious Oborne bloke from the Daily Mail. He got a round of applause from half the audience for arguing that Britain should stop spending and "live within its means". That is the quality of argument presented. Reducing a national economy down to a household fecking budget. And people lap it up. A know-nowt bloke giving trite economic one-liners out is seen by some in this country as "authoritative".

Forget the countless economists who actually study this. Just listen to someone shouting angrily and loudly. That'll be reet....
I can't watch it anymore, exactly for reasons such as this. "Where might Brexit lead us and what might the fiscal implications be? Let's ask Billy 4ucking Bragg!"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:20 pm

He'll be fine though, will Billy. And we all know why!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/inte ... 0622130106

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Well done Britain.
Other half works for a business that primarily works in dollars. In sort, in the shit. As you can probably imagine.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.