Ever been on Telly?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Ever been on Telly?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:12 am

Not just a fleeting moment when you happen to pass a camera in the street or at a game.

Next week I'm off to Glasgow to film for Eggheads. Could be great, could be a disaster. Whatever happens I'll get to meet Jeremy Vine :roll: and then have a few beers round Glasgow then back the next morning.

Has anyone else been on a quiz/ game show or had their '15 minutes'?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ever been on Telly?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 am

I'd love to know if Jeremy Vine is actually the smarmy, obsequious, sanctimonious wanker that he goes out of his way to portray in his professional life?!

But in answer to your question - no. Though I have been interviewed on radio a couple of times.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:29 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 am
I'd love to know if Jeremy Vine is actually the smarmy, obsequious, sanctimonious wanker that he goes out of his way to portray in his professional life?!

But in answer to your question - no. Though I have been interviewed on radio a couple of times.

The research team said no when I asked. But they would, wouldn't they? :wink:

I'll let you know.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 am

Do police interviews count?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 am
Do police interviews count?
Only if it aired on Crimewatch. (I knew your face was familiar)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 pm

You've been on telly before Gary. Korean or Chinese telly if I recall, outside Craven Cottage :)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 pm
You've been on telly before Gary. Korean or Chinese telly if I recall, outside Craven Cottage :)
Been on TV a few times for various things, but a few years back, I was interviewed outside the Reebok and never saw it aired anywhere.. Until a couple of weeks later, when I got an excited phone call from my cousin, who'd been watching a Premier League review show in New Zealand.....
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Was on a TV footy quiz show some years ago with some fellow Wanderers fans. Hosted by Simon O'Brien (nice chap) & titled 'Do I not know that?'. Was on Ondigital before it collapsed.

I appeared on animal 24 too. A daytime morning programme when I rescued a couple of abandoned Staffys. That was nice because I got to find out what happened to them.

Good luck G - for what it's worth I like Jeremy Vine!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Yes. I refer the honourable gentleman to my opening statement. 😁

If I remember rightly that was the game where mummywhycan'tIeatcrayons blagged his way in after 'losing' his tickets just by saying the person he was with worked for Sky. 😎

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:12 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

If I remember rightly that was the game where mummywhycan'tIeatcrayons blagged his way in after 'losing' his tickets just by saying the person he was with worked for Sky. 😎
That wasn't fleeting, you blathered on for ages 😴 ☺️

Wasn't that the freezing cold cup match just before Sammy got the boot?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:54 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:12 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

That wasn't fleeting, you blathered on for ages 😴 ☺️

Wasn't that the freezing cold cup match just before Sammy got the boot?

Can't remember now. 😊

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Yes, two months of intensive attention for a two hour airing on the box. Fun for a one off and at least it got me on the hallowed turf of the Macron. :oyea:

We had to sign a non-disclosure document or much more could have been said, and not all complimentary. Good luck GTE, but I can live without it. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 pm
Yes, two months of intensive attention for a two hour airing on the box. Fun for a one off and at least it got me on the hallowed turf of the Macron. :oyea:

We had to sign a non-disclosure document or much more could have been said, and not all complimentary. Good luck GTE, but I can live without it. :wink:

Cheers TD
Yes I remember you talking about this and taking a turn round the old Palais de danse, right?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:26 am

I was in interviewed on a 2002 BBC documentary about 21 years of the Humber Bridge called 'Bridge of Size' (geddit?). I'd just finished the Humber Bridge half marathon and had an emergency shit in a bush.
I've never actually seen it, but a few people I know did. Including a pupil, which is odd viewing for a 14 year old​ on a Sunday afternoon.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm

I was interviewed by Italian TV after the Manchester 10k the other week. Started off asking how the event would help the city after the events at the Arena. Then it took a sinister turn, as they were just looking for me to slag off the authorities for not stopping the attack in the first place. Wankers!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 pm
Yes, two months of intensive attention for a two hour airing on the box. Fun for a one off and at least it got me on the hallowed turf of the Macron. :oyea: We had to sign a non-disclosure document or much more could have been said, and not all complimentary. Good luck GTE, but I can live without it. :wink:
Cheers TD Yes I remember you talking about this and taking a turn round the old Palais de danse, right?
Aye, that was it G. We were followed everywhere by cameramen for almost two months and we attended rehersals five/six days a week as well as performing at the Macron and Blackpool North Pier. Meeting old friends and sharing the fun was great, the TV shows (two, one hour episodes) not so much so for me personally. The big highlight, Palais night, my partner and I were stuck under a camera boom and never shown at all, much to the disappoinment of my six year old grandaughter who had been allowed to stay up and watch. That didn't bother me too much at all personally, what did was all those hours of rehearsal we gave freely to be told on the night, "Just go out there and do as you like". That was far from the worst scenario, believe me, as internal politics exist on the dance floor just the same as on Parliament's floor. Beyond that, my lips are sealed. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:14 pm

As the literary executor of a quite an important man I have been on radio and television many times, and been interviewed in at least five documentary movies. It seemed a big deal at first but after recurrences over a quarter century just routine. Familiarity may not breed contempt but certainly reduces any fears. The only things to watch out for when you see the program is that your voice will sound like someone else and, in my case, the hair colour seems unnecessarily grey. I suspect I would be less blasé if I was on a quiz show, where there is a greater opportunity to make oneself look foolish. Good luck.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:57 pm

I was on Wacaday. For those that remember it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:57 pm
I was on Wacaday. For those that remember it.
Even Timmy Mallet is trying to forget...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:14 pm
As the literary executor of a quite an important man I have been on radio and television many times, and been interviewed in at least five documentary movies. It seemed a big deal at first but after recurrences over a quarter century just routine. Familiarity may not breed contempt but certainly reduces any fears. The only things to watch out for when you see the program is that your voice will sound like someone else and, in my case, the hair colour seems unnecessarily grey. I suspect I would be less blasé if I was on a quiz show, where there is a greater opportunity to make oneself look foolish. Good luck.

I couldn't be more grey if I tried Monty. Yes, my big fear is saying something really wrong for an answer and being forever villified. 😂