What Car - suggestions please

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: What Car - suggestions please

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:00 am

We've gone with a mid spec outlander phev. Boring, sensible etc but should work out to be cost effective for our daily needs. Might look at something more exciting for a 2nd car down the line :)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:21 am

:D
I'm loving the Honda, thought I'd be happy with it but am over the moon.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 am

Very happy with the Outlander PHEV so far. We're not getting as far on electric only as I'd hoped, but it's bloody hilly round here! Overall the fuel efficiency seems good. It's got a bit more power than I expected with a 2 litre petrol engine and it's a very smooth ride. Also quite cool to be able to ninja up behind folk when in electric mode :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:03 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 am
Very happy with the Outlander PHEV so far. We're not getting as far on electric only as I'd hoped, but it's bloody hilly round here! Overall the fuel efficiency seems good. It's got a bit more power than I expected with a 2 litre petrol engine and it's a very smooth ride. Also quite cool to be able to ninja up behind folk when in electric mode :D
Electric Range seems to be the main complaint I remember Bruce telling me a couple of guys who work at his place quite liked them but found the range to not be what they thought.
Pleased you like it personally I will (in about 10 years :D when I've had my pennies worth out of it and I'm convinced it should be well good for that) get another Honda.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:03 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Electric Range seems to be the main complaint I remember Bruce telling me a couple of guys who work at his place quite liked them but found the range to not be what they thought.
Pleased you like it personally I will (in about 10 years :D when I've had my pennies worth out of it and I'm convinced it should be well good for that) get another Honda.
We've only driven it in hilly/mountainous places, so until we find a flat bit it's hard to tell. Might be while as there are no flat bits round these parts! Still costing us less to run than an equivalent non-hybrid, so can't complain :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 am

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
To such a degree, Hoboh, that not one of the three of them even try to run them electronically now. Now they're all pissed off because they're forever filling them up as they only have a 40 litre tank. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 am
Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
To such a degree, Hoboh, that not one of the three of them even try to run them electronically now. Now they're all pissed off because they're forever filling them up as they only have a 40 litre tank. :D
We managed Irvine to Paisley via the back roads, several trips around Glasgow and up to the northern end of Isle of Skye on a tank :D