Sizzling Palate

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Sizzling Palate

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:43 pm

I hope no TWers were eating there and that all recover from injuries.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sizzling Palate

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm

I think we need a little more context, Monty. At least I do.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm
Never mind, google tells me. Six females slightly injured by falling ceiling. Twenty four lawyers, two thousand relatives and friends, six ambulances and thirty four fire engines then get involved. I was there, I was, I was. I'M SO FXCKING SHOCKED AT THE LACK OF FALLING CEILING CONTROL AND HOW THE CXNTS ALLOWED ME TO LIVE AFTERWARDS, I'LL NEVER EVER GET OVER IT.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Stacey said, " I was eating upstairs, and they let me continue to eat food despite the fact there were serious injuries going on downstairs that I had absolutely no idea about. It's really easy for these people to dupe us into continuing to enjoy ourselves and exist in a stress free environment when they should have warned us that potential compensation was coming our way if only we could have responded appropriately by running, screaming, from the building as soon as we knew plaster was falling..."
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:30 pm

In fairness, that was a tidy section of ceiling that dropped, too big in my opinion, and I reckon the restaurant will at least get a bolloxing from some ministry of restaurant ceiling inspectorate or other. In the pictures, the fixings look totally inadequate for a suspended section of that size particularly as there was a floor above. The aftermath I prefer not to comment further on except to say luckily nobody seemed seriously injured..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:03 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm
Sorry - was out all day. Context is everything of course. But now apparently you know.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:07 pm

It's all a big do about nowt. The emergency services (all of Bolton's bar the Mountain Rescue team appear to have attended) would've evacuated the place otherwise.
No builder, me, but have to agree with Tango re the fixings on the section of the suspended ceiling. The mirror in my living room's more securely anchored.
Compo ahoy. Where are Asons when they're needed? :D
May the bridges I burn light your way