2018 Open Championship at Carnoustie.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

2018 Open Championship at Carnoustie.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Too early to talk about winners, that will evolve as we go. Rory Mac is in there with a couple under par so just a general comment or two:
Watching Rory was almost like watching Sevy all over again. He was plonking his shots all over the kingdom, then making cracking recoveries and par. Still a nervy feel about him. The Yanks seem to attack the course and go for the wins, while we play a bit like Bolton, more concerned in not losing than winning. Hope I'm wrong.

Shot of the day (well, impossible one for me) was Sergio Garcia's Stingray special out of the water. Magic stuff. :D

Now I'm an eternal optimist (I support Bolton don't I?) Even times past when I was slashing about round the Muni and playing like an absolute plonker, I soon raised a smile afterwards and carried on with it all....so....what the xxxx makes a golf millionaire be so xxxxing misereable about playing golf in the sunshine for a living and never raising a single smile all day? No names mentioned, but he numbers amongst his supporters a foghorn - voiced walloper who screeches "in the hole" ever time he hits a drive from the tee even on par 5 holes. Maybe it's him that makes this gentleman from over the pond so fxxxing miserable?

Anyway, on with Day Two and let's keep hoping the Claret Jug is staying at home this year. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: 2018 Open Championship at Carnoustie.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 pm

A golf coursecan be a very cruel place sometimes, ask Tiger Woods and more-so Ian Poulter. :hang:

Meanwhile, the vultures gather and home in. When Rory finished, his four under looked pretty hot stuff; now he's being hauled back by a whole pack of "get in the hole" candidates. Only Tommy Fleetwood is up there with Rory. All the usual suspects are closing, Fowler, Speith, Kuchar Next two days should be interesting to say the least.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?