Today, I have Hatred So Intense I Could Kill about...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today, I have Hatred So Intense I Could Kill about...

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm

One evening, on holiday in Spain we went up to a hill village near Benalmadena and, purely by chance, got to watch a local religious procession and firework display. The display was spectacular indeed but brought to a halt when the organisers managed to set a nearby forest alight and the fire-brigade had to turn out to prevent it becoming really serious. The fire brigade became the main focus of entertainment and the locals thought it hilarious. (I must admit, sitting in a nearby cafe overlooking it all made for a very enjoyable evening) The Spanish don't exactly dislike pyrotechnics. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:31 pm
I lost my rag big style....

....I spent seven hours in the police station

Happy to help, Spotty.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:31 pm
I lost my rag big style....

....I spent seven hours in the police station

Happy to help, Spotty.
Thanks. Unfortunately that won't cut the biscuit or whatever the saying is...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:00 am

Of course you're suss, Monty, you deserted the Motherland didn't you?

Fireworks here in New South Wales are banned. It is illegal to sell or purchase or use them as a an individual - but organisations (with strict conditions attached) may apply for a permit to do so. This restriction was introduced many years ago, ostensibly to curb the number of horrific injuries sustained through careless handling or plain stupidity. Unfortunately this was and still is a state government matter and not all other states or territories followed suit. I don't know the situation these days. One of the territories (the A.C.T.) is/was one of those who did not enforce equivalent restrictions. The A.C.T. is a small area which is surrounded totally by N.S.W., so you can imagine what happened.

Yes, you are correct: All the good citizens of the state obeyed the new rules whilst all the eff-wits didn't. So, once again, the decent and responsible members of our society were penalised for the behaviour of the few and those few carried on as before.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm a remainer. Brexit is a disaster.

However....

on radio today a Tory remainer trying to prop May's deal up - Rory Stewart - said "....that is why 80% of the public support this deal". When challenged by the interviewer (mid-sentence) on that claim he said "ok let me re-phrase. When we've had a chance to explain it I THINK 80% of the public will back it".

FFS. A politician literally, figuratively just plucking a number out of thin air and hoping it would fly and be left unchallenged in a live TV interview. He might be on my side, but he should be sacked immediately for that.

Disgraceful.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:43 pm

There are five billion or so people alive on the planet. Sixty million of them live here in the United Kingdom. And at some point in the near future we will be asked which of these three dickheads we want in charge of all our financial, political, and legal affairs: Theresa May, who can't even dress herself without looking like care in the community, Jeremy Corbyn, who is care in the community, and Vince Cable.
Jesus fxcking H Christ. I blame Athenians, bloody inventors of democracy.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください