2018 Ryder Cup

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

2018 Ryder Cup

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:44 am

Anyone else following this? What are people thinking? Hard to call, both teams look strong.

McIlroy the only big player who looks really out of sorts so far.

Fancy it'll be very very tight. Americans might just have the edge given they have some really big time players in there.

But won't be much in it either way surely?

Best sporting weekend of the year IMHO!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 2018 Ryder Cup

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Oooof starting to go a bit tits up this for the Europeans. Rose into the water. Real chance we could be 4-0 down this morning. Which would be a disaster.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Not got Sky and can't follow except on The Guardian; something I'm more than a bit pxssed about (Test matches, boxing, football, cricket). Sky makes multiple fortunes from what a T.V Licence used to cover. Highlights 8-30 on B.B.C 2 tonight is the coverage now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 pm
Not got Sky and can't follow except on The Guardian; something I'm more than a bit pxssed about (Test matches, boxing, football, cricket). Sky makes multiple fortunes from what a T.V Licence used to cover. Highlights 8-30 on B.B.C 2 tonight is the coverage now.
You can listen to it on the radio. Coverage is great. It is what I'm doing!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:31 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 pm
You can listen to it on the radio. Coverage is great. It is what I'm doing!
Never mind all that, The Guardian coverage will do for now. The tide has turned our way and we're battling back to levels....Go....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:48 pm

What a sensational come-back by the Europeans. 3-1 down at the start, 5-3 up at the end of the day. Magic stuff... :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Far too soon to be over optimistic, but this afternoon was incredible for Europe. Have to be honest and say the good old U.S of A were pretty dire in places, and I take no joy in seeing Phil Nicklsen get an absolute tanking ( oh, okay then, I absolutely loved it) :lol: , but what a partner ship Tommy Fleetwood and Francesco Molinari turned out to be. Rory Mac made the shot of the day from an incredibly bad lie and he and Poulter did really well, being two down early on. All the Eeuopeans played some great golf and it's nice to be in the lead. Tomorrow should see some real action. Get in there lads and shut those U.S.A. chanting muppets up.... :oyea:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:06 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:48 pm
What a sensational come-back by the Europeans. 3-1 down at the start, 5-3 up at the end of the day. Magic stuff... :oyea:
It starts about 2.00 am here so I only got up after the second session started. Down 3-1 from the morning and Rory/Ian already down 2 in the pm, I was a bit nervous. However, Europe hardly put a foot wrong from the moment I turned on the TV. I like to think I must have had something to do with the afternoon result. :D As many said it wasn't so much that Europe played well (though they did), but the US played really badly. Their putting was atrocious and par often won a hole. They've never really been that good at the foursome game, where the partnership understanding is important (especially after a poor shot). I love the Ryder Cup more than any other golfing event. Will have to get up earlier tomorrow....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:10 pm
Oooof starting to go a bit tits up this for the Europeans. Rose into the water. Real chance we could be 4-0 down this morning.
I can only assume your broadband has been down since lunchtime.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:48 pm

Oooof starting to go a bit tits up this for the Americans...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:01 pm

8-4 to Europe after the morning session. U.S.A won the last hole to stave off an 8-3 lead. Still really heartening and the Yanks seem to be finding this course no Augusta or Pebble Beach. Not seem then collectively put/play so badly for a fair while. Keep it up lads.... :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Four point lead maintained in a match we were the unfancied ones. Tomorrow's singles will be a leveller I'm sure, but I'll be happy if we win by One point. A good battling day today again. We can't expect to win them all or it wouldn't be worth playing.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:18 pm
Four point lead maintained in a match we were the unfancied ones. Tomorrow's singles will be a leveller I'm sure, but I'll be happy if we win by One point. A good battling day today again. We can't expect to win them all or it wouldn't be worth playing.
Lancashire's own Tommy Fleetwood has been a star turn and unstoppable with Molinari. Rose and Stenson were steady under pressure. Hatton and Casey both surprised me (pleasantly). Sergio and Rory have been up and down. I hope Rory can start us well against Justin Thomas. I fancy Molinari against Big Phil, who's had a mare so far.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:46 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:43 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:18 pm
Lancashire's own Tommy Fleetwood has been a star turn and unstoppable with Molinari. Rose and Stenson were steady under pressure. Hatton and Casey both surprised me (pleasantly). Sergio and Rory have been up and down. I hope Rory can start us well against Justin Thomas. I fancy Molinari against Big Phil, who's had a mare so far.
I might be wrong Monty, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Phil Mickelsen won't figure in the singles at all? He's always useful and I'm a bit surprised if true? Also a bit surprised not to see big Matt Kuchar in there, another steady and skilful golfer. Times are a changing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:03 pm

No, I was wrong, Micklesen will play. Going to be a stressful day today, although we've started well enough so far. Come on. The partisan crowd seem to be cheering everything European and giving the er, "visitors", some stick. How unsporting..... :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Starting to get a little nervy this. Rory losing the first point on the 18th hasn’t helped....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:46 pm
Starting to get a little nervy this. Rory losing the first point on the 18th hasn’t helped....
Don't start with the pessimism, please; we're going to win....that is WIN!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:46 pm
Don't start with the pessimism, please; we're going to win....that is WIN!
Yep. But it’s got nervier.

Always was going to. BTW everyone has to play singles. You only have 12 players on each team and all have to play.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Is there anyone more fun to watch than Poulter in the Ryder Cup? Ranked 34 and not had a great year, playing world number one and he’s got at least a half.

He’s an animal in the Ryder cup. Just impossible not to pick him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:04 pm

The Man..... :D
Attachments
4134.jpg
4134.jpg (55.75 KiB) Viewed 2458 times