2018 Ryder Cup

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: 2018 Ryder Cup

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:07 pm

And that'll do it. Francesco Molinari adds the winning point, gets drowned in champagne and Europe win the Ryder Cup back..... Fantastic..... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm

The last shot of the day - Noren's long putt after Bryson's brilliant tee shot - kind of summed up the whole match. Whatever America did and however well they did it, they were ultimately doomed by a better response. An enjoyable day in front of the box so far.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm
The last shot of the day - Noren's long putt after Bryson's brilliant tee shot - kind of summed up the whole match. Whatever America did and however well they did it, they were ultimately doomed by a better response. An enjoyable day in front of the box so far.
The thing that comes across most Monty, is the team spirit and camaraderie that exists in these events when people from different countries join together in joint ventures. . Like Molinarie said, "It better than the majors, better than anything"

I have a personal message for all supporters of the United States Ryder Cup team....." GET IN THE HOLE...! " :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Who's Derek?.....oh, er Bryson Monty? :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:03 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
DeChambeau. Bryson DeChambeau.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:33 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Ah, well, I'm not on first name terms with him.... :oops:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:54 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:33 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Ah, well, I'm not on first name terms with him.... :oops:
I thought you knew them all, Tango, I've seen you talk of Rory and Tiger. Actually I used the first name as I wasn't quite sure how to spell the last. Big Phil's last shot also summed up captain's picks for me. Three of Furyk's picks got no points and one got a couple (including an extremely luck bounce off a railway sleeper). Bjorn's got 9.5 points. So our picks outperformed theirs by 7.5 points, more than the margin of victory.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 am

I note the young lady that was hit by one of Brooks Koepka's errant tee shots is planning to sue for damages.

I know that where I play each member has an insurance premium levied against them at renewal to cover any such occurrence. I imagine the organisers of an event like The Ryder Cup have some form of public liability policy?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 am
I note the young lady that was hit by one of Brooks Koepka's errant tee shots is planning to sue for damages.

I know that where I play each member has an insurance premium levied against them at renewal to cover any such occurrence. I imagine the organisers of an event like The Ryder Cup have some form of public liability policy?
Sue him for what? Hitting a golf ball on a golf course? I wish her the best of luck but fortunately I cannot see her having any chance. Even in bonkers America.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 am

In France I fancy.

Suing the event organiser.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 am
In France I fancy.

Suing the event organiser.
Oh. I thought you meant sue Koepka. In which case, I retract my view that she has no chance.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 am

Enoch wrote:
Crackers. Did he aim at her? She chose to go watch and an accident happened, not a planned assault. I once blacked out for a few seconds when a shanked drive hit me on the jaw, that's life isn't it? Blame and compensation are the new way of it today....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 am
Enoch wrote:
Crackers. Did he aim at her? She chose to go watch and an accident happened, not a planned assault. I once blacked out for a few seconds when a shanked drive hit me on the jaw, that's life isn't it? Blame and compensation are the new way of it today....
I assume she will argue the organisers did not do enough to ensure her safety....she may have a case....who knows?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:39 am

I will watch with interest.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:05 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 am
Enoch wrote:
I assume she will argue the organisers did not do enough to ensure her safety....she may have a case....who knows?
The suit will be against the organizers not Koepka. She would have to show they didn't do enough to protect the paying customer such as a marshal close by to yell a warning. Crying FORE from over 200 yards away doesn't grab the attention.