Murder and the new International Politics.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Murder and the new International Politics.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm
Corbyn made a statement?
https://www.itv.com/news/2018-10-17/cor ... ppearance/
"The Labour leader on Wednesday called for an international investigation into the “abominable” treatment of Mr Khashoggi."

Without getting involved in the politics aspect of this, because it isn't about labour or conservatives, arms deals or revenue, but rather the facts and truth in an accused killing : In any other country in the world they'd either call it assassination or murder based on facts, or not comment till the investigation shows those facts provable. ."Abominable treatment" hardly is hardly near enough. It sounds like he was kept waiting for a couple of hours without a cup of tea, not tortured and killed. How very British.
Yes you are correct. Calling it abominable and saying we should stop selling them weapons (having said this for years), is far far worse than this.....

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/uk-keeping- ... re/Oh...ok perhaps it isn’t.
Oh, sorry for not seeing "the big picture" I was just thinking we were talking about a torture and murder case here. If we weren't selling them weapons, someone else would be. Greed, wealth, power hunger and the politics that link them stink to high heaven. Always have, always will. Sadly, Saudi Arabia is unlikely to be affected by any of it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:52 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:46 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Corbyn made a statement?
"The Labour leader on Wednesday called for an international investigation into the “abominable” treatment of Mr Khashoggi."

Without getting involved in the politics aspect of this, because it isn't about labour or conservatives, arms deals or revenue, but rather the facts and truth in an accused killing : In any other country in the world they'd either call it assassination or murder based on facts, or not comment till the investigation shows those facts provable. ."Abominable treatment" hardly is hardly near enough. It sounds like he was kept waiting for a couple of hours without a cup of tea, not tortured and killed. How very British.
Yes you are correct. Calling it abominable and saying we should stop selling them weapons (having said this for years), is far far worse than this.....

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/uk-keeping- ... re/Oh...ok perhaps it isn’t.
Oh, sorry for not seeing "the big picture" I was just thinking we were talking about a torture and murder case here. If we weren't selling them weapons, someone else would be. Greed, wealth, power hunger and the politics that link them stink to high heaven. Always have, always will. Sadly, Saudi Arabia is unlikely to be affected by any of it.
So you think the government saying "hey we think he was murdered...but lets not overreact and lets maintain our special relationship" is ok. But Corbyn describing it as "abominable" and stating we should stop selling weapons to a regime with an appalling human rights record is not?

Ok then......I rather think you react to who is saying something rather than what is being said.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:52 am

So you think the government saying "hey we think he was murdered...but lets not overreact and lets maintain our special relationship" is ok. But Corbyn describing it as "abominable" and stating we should stop selling weapons to a regime with an appalling human rights record is not?

Ok then......I rather think you react to who is saying something rather than what is being said.
Well, you would, wouldn't you. You don't ever read or take notice of what anyone says, but twist everything around to suit your own agendas and views. I don't know Jeremy Corben from Adam,and I don't give one for his two -a-penny politicians, but you go tell this reporter's family about his government plans for Saudi Arabia. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Well, you would, wouldn't you. You don't ever read or take notice of what anyone says, but twist everything around to suit your own agendas and views. I don't know Jeremy Corben from Adam,and I don't give one for his two -a-penny politicians, but you go tell this reporter's family about his government plans for Saudi Arabia. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms.
What are you on about? You're saying his family would prefer our actual government saying "yes its very bad - but lets carry on and ignore it"?

Or your stance (which seems to be your justification for anything the Tories do) as "well thats politics".

Corbyn has put out a stronger statement condemning this than our government has. Do you agree with Corbyn or the government on this?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:28 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What are you on about? You're saying his family would prefer our actual government saying "yes its very bad - but lets carry on and ignore it"?

Or your stance (which seems to be your justification for anything the Tories do) as "well thats politics".Corbyn has put out a stronger statement condemning this than our government has. Do you agree with Corbyn or the government on this?
Fxxxing hell, how plain can I make it? I'm not even getting into a pxssing contest between your Labour and Tory politics. How many times do I have to say it? I'm talking about investigating (at however a high level is possible) who killed/tortured,assassinated a reporter who didn't even carry a gun never mind who sold it him? Your blind desire to Tory hate is of no interest to me one way or the other.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:28 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Or your stance (which seems to be your justification for anything the Tories do) as "well thats politics".Corbyn has put out a stronger statement condemning this than our government has. Do you agree with Corbyn or the government on this?
Fxxxing hell, how plain can I make it? I'm not even getting into a pxssing contest between your Labour and Tory politics. How many times do I have to say it? I'm talking about investigating (at however a high level is possible) who killed/tortured,assassinated a reporter who didn't even carry a gun never mind who sold it him? Your blind desire to Tory hate is of no interest to me one way or the other.
Blind desire? I'm outlining two responses and asking which you agree with.....

Why you won't answer that (yet criticising Corbyn's response as not enough) is beyond me. Your classic "I'm not going to discuss politics" whilst directly discussing politics is tiresome.

Look, I can answer for you - you wanted to try and say Corbyn's response was weak and not strong enough without realising it was a far stronger response than our own Governments. And now you've realised that you won't back down and accept it. No alarms and no surprises.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:30 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Blind desire? I'm outlining two responses and asking which you agree with.....

Why you won't answer that (yet criticising Corbyn's response as not enough) is beyond me. Your classic "I'm not going to discuss politics" whilst directly discussing politics is tiresome.

Look, I can answer for you - you wanted to try and say Corbyn's response was weak and not strong enough without realising it was a far stronger response than our own Governments. And now you've realised that you won't back down and accept it. No alarms and no surprises.
AND YOU SIR, TALK LIKE MY VERY ASS.....I'll bid you a good afternoon.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm
I get what you're on about but the people who can take action are not the ones you initially named. And I agree that May and Trump's "action" has been utterly pathetic. But their interest is oil and dirty weapons money. The only way we can change it is to get rid of them. Which hopefully will happen at the earliest opportunity.
'You get what I'm on about'. Do you?
First of all you complain about a "circuitous way to air a grudge I have"!!!.
Then ask me whether "I'm going to criticise our government or not?" When I point out that I criticised our government in the opening post, you merely dismiss this and still point to Cable, Chakrabarti, etc as the ones I "initially named". - Well sorry, no I didn't.

I still find it pathetic that Shami Chakrabarti, Vince Cable, Jeremy Corbyn, You, Matthew Parris, Patrick McLoughlan, Uncle Tom Cobley and all have failed to denounce the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia for sending a 15 man hit squad to an embassy in Turkey where, within seven minutes of his arrival, a journalist was slaughtered, the building ringing with his screams as his fingers were severed one by one...

But you, you just shrug, and consider it all part of the acceptable face of politics (and you even back this attitude up with some dubious debate about the difficulty of getting air time or coverage about it).
Corbyn made a statement...

Ha! That'll tell the murdering fxckers...
:whack:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 am
Eh!
He thinks he's funny...(as in witty)... :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm

In fairness, he can make me chuckle.

In fairness, most things make me chuckle.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm

What? Even the Chuckle Brothers???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Anyway. We await with baited breath the revelations forthcoming tomorrow from that esteemed Democrat, Upholder of Western Values and Liberal Reformer: the Sunni Muslim President of Turkey who has imprisoned thousands of teachers, middle ranking policemen, civil servants and others (because they disagree with him). He's only up there with Saint Corbyn, Saint May, and Saint Trump, because so far nobody's managed to get anywhere near the cxnt to swab his hands for blood.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 pm
Even the Chuckle Brothers???
Not so much of late.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 pm
Even the Chuckle Brothers???
Not so much of late.
I've heard rumours that the evil Theresa May sent out a 15 man hit squad to eliminate Barry because he was funnier than her.
I can't credit it personally! I think she's far more amusing.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Next cxnt coming... Bolsanaro. Unlike Putin, Erdogan and Mohammad bin Salman I don't think he's directly responsible for anybody's death. Yet.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:32 pm

What was Corbyn's views on Russia when they were accused of the Salisbury poisonings? He wasn't quite so vocal against the former communist country. Quote - "Jeremy Corbyn has defied critics in his own party and warned the prime minister against “rushing way ahead of the evidence” over the Salisbury poisoning, in what he called the “fevered” atmosphere of Westminster."

Why did it take this murder of a journalist for the jelly spined one to attack Saudi Arabia? Earlier this year they beheaded 48 people in 4 months with half of those for non-violent crimes. Saudi Arabia are a very small step up from ISIS as far as I am concerned.

At least Trump has the balls to tell it like it is when he softened his tone towards Saudi Arabia. He said there a million US jobs connected with the £84 billion arms contract with them. None of the other leaders (including May) have had the balls to tell the truth why they don't vilify them. Corbyn doesn't hold any power and can sling stones from a distance knowing it doesn't matter. It might be a different story if he mattered.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Enoch wrote:

To be fair, I don't think the Final Destination film franchise was aimed at your demographic*.

*Owd codgers
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:46 pm

...but you should see me on the karaoke!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:51 pm
Enoch wrote:

To be fair, I don't think the Final Destination film franchise was aimed at your demographic*.

*Owd codgers
When in 2068 they use this forum, at the University of Winter Hill (formerly the childcare centre of 53 Rushdale Road), to demonstrate how outrageous previous generations were in their abominably racist/misogynist/generationalist/ectceterist attacks, you'll be at the forefront of their teaching.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:08 pm

And by the way BWFCi, I've looked it up. Guess under whose government all these lovely arms sales to Saudi Arabia were signed off!?
Yep... Labour. 2005, chief executive of BAE Systems was allowed by the then LABOUR GOVERNMENT to extract £43 billion from the Saudis for the very weapons you are accusing Theresa May of exporting.
Jeremy I'm A Right Tit Corbyn was elected as an MP in 1983. He did not vote against the "consolidated list" of countries we can export weapons to, and abstained in the vote of 2002 Export Control Act that could have denied Saudi Arabia any arms exports. He then, nine years later, becomes the national chair of Stop The War coalition 2011-2015. The man's an idiot obviously, but he's not any hero to hang accolades off.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください