European Second Referendum

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

In or Out

IN (including all the rules and all the costs including increased costs).
44%
OUT (including a proper No Deal Brexit with no payment to the EU at all, and no more rule taking).
44%
MAY-be: or are you one of her followers?
13%

Total votes: 16

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:20 am

"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:52 am

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:16 am
Are you really that thick after two years of this?
Moi thick?

Oh please do one junior, this is the wailing remoaning cnuts who are prepared to completely sell out the result of leave, the same cnuts who keep shouting about there being no chance of trade elsewhere, little surprise when they are happy to spread their ass cheeks for Brussels. These are the same stupid tw*ts who keep shouting where's the £350 million etc. etc. I'll tell you where it is still going to the EU because we haven't left yet, get that, we are still paying in and under the current 'deal' will still be doing so for a lot longer yet.
You should try growing up and stop thinking some mythical EU crusader will soothe little Pru's problems, the reality is some gravy train rider will take the p*ss to the extreme down the line if you keep hanging on their teat.
The only thick people here are the brainwashed idiot Uni students who really do believe their problems are someone else's responsibility and some guiding light will lead them to their safe space.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

That's a long way of saying "yes".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:33 pm

So far, the establishment in this country is having an even longer conversation to each other about eventually saying no, even though they're pretending to say yes.
You tw@ts.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm
That's a long way of saying "yes".
No, it's definitely the short version of trying to tell a spoilt brat he is supporting a corrupt body he has so little vision or imagination to see.
Well, I suppose some folk found the Krays and the Mafia etc, to be alright lads. :cry:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:58 pm

:oyea:

I love the various and convoluted threads on this site concerning the exit of Great Britain from the European Union. Of course, being unaffected by the kerfuffle over the arrangements, I guess that I am entitled.

I shall be even more interested should a civilised debate suddenly pop up out of nowhere. :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:08 am

Dujon wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:58 pm
:oyea:

I love the various and convoluted threads on this site concerning the exit of Great Britain from the European Union. Of course, being unaffected by the kerfuffle over the arrangements, I guess that I am entitled.

I shall be even more interested should a civilised debate suddenly pop up out of nowhere. :lol:
Ahh but you see we are debating civilised or not :D Which is at least a God send because the way the EU are going there never would be a debate allowed and lord forbid an exit referendum :wink: .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:51 am

I would wish all mankind a very Merry Christmas, but someone's sure to be offended, so just to those that won't..have a good one... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:51 am
I would wish all mankind a very Merry Christmas, but someone's sure to be offended, so just to those that won't..have a good one... :oyea:
And to all and sundry on TW, best wishes for the holiday season and 2019 from frosty Montreal.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Richard Harrington, government minister, threatening to resign.
*Shrug* fxck off then.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm

I wish these remainers would actually be honest and come clean about what self interest they have in remaining in the EU instead of weeping and wailing. Shut down the government :lol: :lol: :lol: what utter utter cobblers. I see Corbyn's mob are already looking to deselect those who don't toe his line and I can live safe in the knowledge that even if Sourpuss's local party don't get shut at least the voters will. Can I complain about feeling intimidated every time she opens her gob btw, I feel like hiding behind the sofa.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm
I wish these remainers would actually be honest and come clean about what self interest they have in remaining in the EU instead of weeping and wailing. Shut down the government :lol: :lol: :lol: what utter utter cobblers. I see Corbyn's mob are already looking to deselect those who don't toe his line and I can live safe in the knowledge that even if Sourpuss's local party don't get shut at least the voters will. Can I complain about feeling intimidated every time she opens her gob btw, I feel like hiding behind the sofa.
Go on, who's 'Sourpuss'?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:52 am
Stop with all the positive spin!
Second only to the Phoenicians us, as traders. What did Napoleon call us, "A nation of shopkeepers" :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:41 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm
Enoch wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:52 am
Stop with all the positive spin!
Second only to the Phoenicians us, as traders. What did Napoleon call us, "A nation of shopkeepers" :lol:
Can't think why that story never made it onto the TV news channels.

Maybe Lloyd's Loading List is some fake news outlet?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 pm

Nicky fxcking Morgan and Anne fxcking Soubry. The future of democracy... :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 pm
The future of democracy is clearly just screaming Nazi at moderate right of centre MPs you disagree with.

It really was wholly ironic.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
The future of democracy is clearly just screaming Nazi at moderate right of centre MPs you disagree with.

No mate, democracy is all about following the democratic result of a free vote without calling the majority who voted the opposite way to you thick etc. etc.

The ballot paper said more or less in or out, not out with a deal that leaves us in because it suits you, without any rights to form policy yet still fund the corrupt operation.
Nah that's the action of dictators, Commies and fascists, not democracy and they should be called out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

No mate, democracy is all about following the democratic result of a free vote without calling the majority who voted the opposite way to you thick etc. etc.

The ballot paper said more or less in or out, not out with a deal that leaves us in because it suits you, without any rights to form policy yet still fund the corrupt operation.
Nah that's the action of dictators, Commies and fascists, not democracy and they should be called out.
Yawn. Soubry has never called anyone "thick". She was elected. By the people. More recently in fact than the referendum you refer to. When elected everyone knew her views on the EU.

Brexit has seen a rise in far right activism, intimidation and harassment. It needs to stop. It has sadly emboldened these people and made them feel that their extremist views are legitimate.

That however, is an aside. A major argument of Brexiteers was that "it gives our parliament back its sovereignty". It was and is a bollocks argument because the reality is, it never lost it. However, you wanted our parliament to be democratic and make decisions using sovereign power. Well, that is what it is doing. The fact you do not like it, perhaps suggests that you never really wanted a democracy. At all....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 am
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:06 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Yawn. Soubry has never called anyone "thick". She was elected. By the people. More recently in fact than the referendum you refer to. When elected everyone knew her views on the EU.

Brexit has seen a rise in far right activism, intimidation and harassment. It needs to stop. It has sadly emboldened these people and made them feel that their extremist views are legitimate.

That however, is an aside. A major argument of Brexiteers was that "it gives our parliament back its sovereignty". It was and is a bollocks argument because the reality is, it never lost it. However, you wanted our parliament to be democratic and make decisions using sovereign power. Well, that is what it is doing. The fact you do not like it, perhaps suggests that you never really wanted a democracy. At all....
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Do you seriously think that our 'free and democratic Parliament' would be allowed to use 'sovereign power' but for invoking article 50? In much the same way Labours nationalisation plans won't work, the EU won't allow it.