European Second Referendum

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

In or Out

IN (including all the rules and all the costs including increased costs).
44%
OUT (including a proper No Deal Brexit with no payment to the EU at all, and no more rule taking).
44%
MAY-be: or are you one of her followers?
13%

Total votes: 16

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm
This is what happens when you rely on majority rule rather than proper consensus politics.
But , but but... They haven't got a fxcking consensus.
Because our whole system is built around majority rule. If we were as most European countries used to forming consensus between multiple parties and doing so on a mutual basis rather than the "coalition" where one side royally fecked over the other - then I firmly believe this would have been resolved well before now.

We have such a bizarre situation that the government are ending up proposing motions that go against their earlier motion, seeing the motion amended, voting against their own motion....and then losing....

Its crackers. Pure madness. A system that only works with clear majorities. And without a clear majority on any contentious issue you have this madness. Especially when your leader is viewed to be the worst PM in living history - and thats how her own party views her....ask elsewhere....

People say there isn't a consensus but I bet if you took party politics out and gave free votes that Malthouse and Labours plan could both have a chance of winning consensus.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm
This is what happens when you rely on majority rule rather than proper consensus politics.
But , but but... They haven't got a fxcking consensus.
Because our whole system is built around majority rule. If we were as most European countries used to forming consensus between multiple parties and doing so on a mutual basis rather than the "coalition" where one side royally fecked over the other - then I firmly believe this would have been resolved well before now.

We have such a bizarre situation that the government are ending up proposing motions that go against their earlier motion, seeing the motion amended, voting against their own motion....and then losing....

Its crackers. Pure madness. A system that only works with clear majorities. And without a clear majority on any contentious issue you have this madness. Especially when your leader is viewed to be the worst PM in living history - and thats how her own party views her....ask elsewhere....

People say there isn't a consensus but I bet if you took party politics out and gave free votes that Malthouse and Labours plan could both have a chance of winning consensus.
Have you studied Italian politics? That bastion of concensus politics???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:23 pm

There is only one solution to this mess and that's a GE.
Deselect the scabs (to coin a union phrase).

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:23 pm
Not really. Neither the Tories or Labour are fit for purpose. The Lib Dems are no better and no other part south of Hadrians Wall gets a look in. Our system isn't fit for purpose and needs fixing before we're likely to see anything useful coming out of Westminster.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:23 pm
Well the most accurate pollsters from the last election put Labour 4 points ahead. Is that what you want?

I suspect an election might make things worse. Tories lose some seats nobody has a workable majority and everyone refuses to work together.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:00 pm

The people get the government they deserve.

The whole country is split and no-one knows what there is a working majority for. No surprise parliament reflects that.

The more it goes on I think a deal v remain vote is the only way out. No form of Brexit has a majority in P. There is undoubtedly a majority against no deal. Even if there was a majority for remain in P I don't think it would be right to do that without another referendum (before firing the concept of referendums into the sun).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:00 pm

The whole country is split and no-one knows what there is a working majority for. No surprise parliament reflects that.

The more it goes on I think a deal v remain vote is the only way out. No form of Brexit has a majority in P. There is undoubtedly a majority against no deal. Even if there was a majority for remain in P I don't think it would be right to do that without another referendum (before firing the concept of referendums into the sun).
May’s deal gets through this week. ERG are backing down and DUP are being given a huge bung to buy their vote...British democracy in action - thank god we’ve taken back control.

Brexit is now a deal that nobody wants that parliament has rejected overwhelmingly twice that will be forced upon them and the people of this country to try and preserve the job of a failing PM who everyone hates to keep out an opposition who are also one of the most unpopular in history.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:00 pm

May’s deal gets through this week. ERG are backing down and DUP are being given a huge bung to buy their vote...British democracy in action - thank god we’ve taken back control.

Brexit is now a deal that nobody wants that parliament has rejected overwhelmingly twice that will be forced upon them and the people of this country to try and preserve the job of a failing PM who everyone hates to keep out an opposition who are also one of the most unpopular in history.
Mr Democracy in action... :lol:
I note you're still hidden... :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Just had keys handed over to cottage at Lake Como at a 'service station' in France. Very disappointed that we aren't "crashing out" on due date. My dog is even more disappointed - she was looking forward to being challenged as an illegal immigrant and then showing her 'settled status'.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Just had keys handed over to cottage at Lake Como at a 'service station' in France. Very disappointed that we aren't "crashing out" on due date. My dog is even more disappointed - she was looking forward to being challenged as an illegal immigrant and then showing her 'settled status'.
You hope the keys are for a cottage at Lake Como :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

All in your very honest opinion of course Insaney? I do wish you would stop making sweeping statements that do nothing more than reflect your own personal view, repeated parrot fashion daily. Most honest folk (me included) openly admit confusion as to what will transpire. The Government don't know. You, my friend, are no different despite your claims. You change horses more often the the Pony Express anyway. Take a break, have a Kit-Kat......
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

All in your very honest opinion of course Insaney? I do wish you would stop making sweeping statements that do nothing more than reflect your own personal view, repeated parrot fashion daily. Most honest folk (me included) openly admit confusion as to what will transpire. The Government don't know. You, my friend, are no different despite your claims. You change horses more often the the Pony Express anyway. Take a break, have a Kit-Kat......
Is parliament rejecting the deal twice opinion? Is the fact the deal is deeply unpopular with majority of MPs opinion?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Is parliament rejecting the deal twice opinion? Is the fact the deal is deeply unpopular with majority of MPs opinion?
M.P,s? Parlimentary overlords and staff, what, some 600 howlers and say a couple of thousand employed in various capacities? Say 3,000? Parliament.
Population of England in 2019...."66 million people".(don't know exactly what the eligible to vote figure is, but, but half say heads, half say tails, that's what the referendum proved is it not, and that slightly more wanted Brexit than didnt? ). Add in that after 800 or so years Parliament still can't agree on how to run our country...Worth considering?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

M.P,s? Parlimentary overlords and staff, what, some 600 howlers and say a couple of thousand employed in various capacities? Say 3,000? Parliament.
Population of England in 2019...."66 million people".(don't know exactly what the eligible to vote figure is, but, but half say heads, half say tails, that's what the referendum proved is it not, and that slightly more wanted Brexit than didnt? ). Add in that after 800 or so years Parliament still can't agree on how to run our country...Worth considering?
Those that wanted Brexit, many don’t seem to want this deal. We have some here in fact. I can’t claim a fact since it’s not one, but polling would suggest the deal is not very popular amongst those who voted for Brexit,.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:33 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm
You hope the keys are for a cottage at Lake Como :lol:
We've been there for more than six years now... So I'd hope I could recognise Deborah... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Bercow now spouting Erskine-May. May (without Erskine) spouting indefinite extension. EU stating we must participate in EU elections...

So what now happens to the £39bn?
Why are the EMA and EBA moving to Holland and France now, and not when, if, we actually fxcking leave?
And why will we still be squeezed out of Galileo?
Cakeism seems to be a European obsession...
Maybe some cxnt with precognition could egg Juncker etc al...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:57 pm

The EMA has gone mate. Doors shut a couple of weeks ago. For right or wrong it legally has to be in the EU and planning took most of the last 2 years. Given we're supposed to be out in a couple of weeks it meant they had to shift before we left.

Feel sorry for some of my old colleagues who had to leave their jobs because for family reasons they couldn't move. Also some of the guys that used to work for me as contractors who have lost their jobs.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:57 pm
The EMA has gone mate. Doors shut a couple of weeks ago. For right or wrong it legally has to be in the EU and planning took most of the last 2 years. Given we're supposed to be out in a couple of weeks it meant they had to shift before we left.

Feel sorry for some of my old colleagues who had to leave their jobs because for family reasons they couldn't move. Also some of the guys that used to work for me as contractors who have lost their jobs.
Which only makes it more frustrating that we are still in the organisation, seemingly forever.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Which only makes it more frustrating that we are still in the organisation, seemingly forever.
Well, folk keep voting for the Tories and Labour despite the absence of evidence of competence on both parts...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Well, folk keep voting for the Tories and Labour despite the absence of evidence of competence on both parts...
Is ik ok to vote for the least incompetent?